• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
GG's to everyone at the fest yesterday. Thanks to the twins for hosting (even with the switch to my house).

Alright, three tv's got left at my place.

Kyle/David's small tv.

Steven's tv.

Neil (?)'s tv. I not sure on this one. Supposedly it got left in the back of Everett's truck so he left it here. It has a brown/oakish finish on the sides.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Steven's tv.
Yeah, I left it there so you guys could continue to have broken hacked character Brawl funtimes after I left. If you can be bothered to bring it to Nolan's fest, go ahead and do that. If you'd rather not lug it around, that's fine. I can pick it up next time I'm on the west side.

... Someone should join me for a double-feature today. I still haven't seen District 9 and Inglourious Basterds is out.
Anybody want to smash today?
Both of these sound good to me.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
We can smash at my dorm considering i have no roommate. I mean, it's bigger then my room and we've fit five people in there playing smash. We just can't be screaming.

and if anyone has an extra ethernet cable i would love them forever and a day.

also, I would be up for moo vees but i'm a poor nolan.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i think japanese might just be the greatest class ever. the teacher is is actually japanese plus we watch azumanga daioh yesterday and kiki's delivery service today.

nolan- pretty much any house/apartment is bigger than your parent's place.

and twister, i promise you next fest/tourny we'll get in some games

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
fun fst everyone.

And yeah Paul thats our tiny/hated by anyone whos forced to play on it TV :p

Paul: fun times playing you.

Neil: I need to play/beat you so I can take the seat as NM's number 1 in melee :p

Erich: fun as always

Tekkie: thanks for tagging with us to the magic shop. and thanks for recording. Hope you had fun :D

Goyf: See above for magic shop :p Haha I hope you actually do get Robbie/Rocky the Raccoon haha.

Sinz: You were the first person to give david and I our stern *** kicking at a major melee tourney when you beat me with my brothers main (Samus) and beat him badly with my main (Link) neither of which you used at the time. Lesson well learned. Thanks to you we improved, passed that first brick wall, and became as good as we are today. You will be missed bro. Improve those guys in Utah so that they can actually take a stock off of one of our Brawl players :p

To everuone else: it was real, it was fun, it was.... anyways Dions was great and just a fun day in general.

Oh yeah Twister it was aswesoem finally meeting you bro.

I'm looking to go to the AZ tourney Forward posted (assuming I have no major exams that Monday or Tuesday following). They have Brawl and melee it seems. So that means we have to go rep in full force. Discussions? Hey Dekar maybe they will actually present a challenge to you *holds for laughter*. haha

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Fun fest yesterday Paul thanks for having me over

Twins-those magic tricks were too pro. Top tier status for sure also it was cool meeting you guys

Zman-sorry for not playing bomberman with you. Next time for sure we need to get play bomberman and smash for awhile.

Everett-go easy on Utah... nah nevermind just kick their *** and make NM proud =D

Steven-DK ****!!!!

Nolan- I also have some extra ethernet cable...I'll keep it with me and if i see you before August does i'll let you have it. Also what's your schedule like @ UNM? I know i'm down for some smash when you have time between classes.

Dekar-get a job you sparkling wiggle also Taco Cabana 4 life!

@Everyone else- gg's and such...

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
@ Zman Lrn2interwebs. Opinions can be wrong.

I'll stop bashing, but I'm prolly not going to try it. I don't have the motivation to learn any other fighting games right now.

Goyf: See above for magic shop :p Haha I hope you actually do get Robbie/Rocky the Raccoon haha.
Dude, Robbie is badass.

Thanks for hosting the fest Twins/Paul. And thanks for the ride/letting me sleep over.

Also custom chars are awesome.

@Everett: I expect you to commute to NM at least twice a month with the money you will blatantly steal from Utah. And have a good time in college K?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
hahaha sparkling wiggles was so funny!!! Thats old school lol.

"Say 'Get a job you sparkling wiggle'!"

"Get a job you ******* ******"

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!

Oh yeah David and I are definitely showing interest in the AZ tourney pending our school exam/stuff sue schedule. You should be too. leave friday, return sunday seems easiest

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
just leave the internet on (in?) the internet, walker.

tomorrow someone needs to help get the backup launcher to work on my wii again. i just can't get to work on my wii for some reason.

oh btw i got a new tv. ill get pics up later.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This is what I ill never understand about MK boards.

Why aren't you guys going all out and playing "gay" from the start?

Why are you holding back?

Are you afraid to see the full potential of your character or something? Sorry but when MK camps he takes away pretty much 99% of the options that anyone can do. That's just how good he is.

You can't just say oh the match-up depends on how you play. That's silly. Match-ups are based on the most effective styles of play in each match-up. If being defensive is the best style (and it is because this is brawl remember?) that's what you are basing the match-up on.

Not when people use an inferior style such as constant rushdown.

You MK players crack me up.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened to this board had I chose to advance MK's metagame and not Marth's.

One thing is for sure though....

ALOT of those 60/40's and supposed 50/50 match-ups you guys got going on would be 70/30's and 60/40's respectively, had I been running things.

It's like you guys purposely downplay MK's potential.

Worst part is that SWF believes your act. **** is incredible.

I love emblem lord right now.

tekkie

Smash Master
twins magic videos - i'm going to upload them overnight - internet = super slow.

don't have tags or anything yet. will post links to the videos and tag them later.

sooooo busy. and my room mate is a ******. good thing i'm moving anyways.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya twistah you were cool =]

Sweet deal tekkie. I can't wait to see them and I hope I didnt choke on any of the ones posted lol

Mhmmm. What time does it start at? I might be able to come, I might not. But not for long, sadly...I've gots a lot to do today.

Hey Twins, did you say Lewis has my Melee case? If so, can you guys get it and give it to me the next time I see you?

Also, that was a good post by Emblem Lord, mhmmm.

Dekar173

Justice Man
i called nolan and he said that his fest is at 6:00
SHUT THE **** UP.

Everyone should have gone to Inglourious Basterds with us, that movie was definitely the best I've seen this Summer (with a close second by District 9). Can't wait to see Ponyo too that movie's going to be awesome :D

@fest today- I'd like to do at least a little bit of singles with everyone =P

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Okay everyone, SETUPS LOL

Can someone bring the neccesities to hack my wii from the 4.0 update? I really miss no tripping and inf replay. I'm at my dorm for 2 seconds before I heard over to my house to start setting up or I'd try to install the stuff myself and then break down and call tekkie/overgames because i have no idea what i'm doing.

If you come to this fest, there will be cake.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
ingloryhole basterds was definitely the best movie i've seen this summer so go see it NAO!

Nolan i'll try to make the fest after work so stay up late everyone...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Walker, I choose you to go to the last few posts of the utah thread and assist!

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Er... Nolan's fest is going on now, right? I suppose I'll show up in a few hours. I don't want to leave during traffic.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Thanks tekkie =]

And I never said that erich... maybe kyle did but i dont think so.

Hey sinz. Come into long johns today close to 4 if possible. I want one more hug before you go lol.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
i just bought a triwing screwdriver on ebay for $0.84 with free shipping. :bee:
WIN!!!!

A touney is a must I agree. Too bad once the school semester starts I'm working doubles on Saturdays so I can have another day off for school :(

Pound 4 brief update:

Depending on how many of us go, we are rooming with Hungrybox. If this yeilds a good NM turnout then some can room with Hbox and some can get their own room (enough people will make it fairly cheap).

Is it looking to be every man for himself in terms of flights? As I said when I pick up mine and my brothers tickets I'll let you know where I got them from and what flights it is so we can try to travel together.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
GGs everyone.

Nolan, I'm sorry I couldn't bring Yoshi to first place. **** that single drop of honey! But then, who's to say that the bonus stars wouldn't have been different if I had won that minigame? Novice probability theory is the salve with which I nurse my wounded pride!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh hey, if any of you guys lose to any ****ing snakes, I am going to slap you. I have given you all so much Snake practice :D

I will miss you guys.

Top Bottom