• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Just even or good. Carl is even for sure, I think litchi is around even, but I don't really check the litchi board.
At least she has even matchups :p MK doesn't/rant

Also, if you haven't heard, MK can do IDC without the Cstick, aka, EDC (extended) is actually infinite. MKs DownB may need to be banned in general.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
WTF?

Also, who wants to help me? I'm going to prove that MKs cape is in need of banning, because of the mass of problematic glitches it seems to create, and by extention, Mk himself deserves a ban, because you ban the character rather than the move/tactic.

In all seriousness, at the next fest, I'd ike to expirement with MKs cape.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Walker. There's no further need for such silly shenanigans like banning MK... Just play BB.

Infact, same goes for all of you. No more Melee. No more Brawl. Everyone in NM is going to get good.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Walker. There's no further need for such silly shenanigans like banning MK... Just play BB.

Infact, same goes for all of you. No more Melee. No more Brawl. Everyone in NM is going to get good.
Fine, I'll promote the Legality of MK, so the game gets ruined, and then everyone swithces to BB. Happy?

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
No, I don't care if Brawl is ruined or not. It doesn't matter.

Just switch. It's nearly painless.

tekkie

Smash Master
No, I don't care if Brawl is ruined or not. It doesn't matter.

Just switch. It's nearly painless.
It's painful if you only have a Wii.

Okay, so no one in ABQ has a working triwing screwdriver? I've tried like five other screwdrivers around 2mm and the ****ing screws in my controller are too stuck or something to get out. (considering WD40; anyone have any awesome ideas?)

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry Tekkie, I don't think we have any crazy wonky screwdrivers...

And while having your own BB to play and practice on helps a ton, you can still practice all you want at fests. Go to dustloop, memorize a couple combos, learn what you can about your character, watch videos and whatnot, and then apply what you've learned when you can. Step into training mode if you want. No one will stop you.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
And while having your own BB to play and practice on helps a ton, you can still practice all you want at fests. Go to dustloop, memorize a couple combos, learn what you can about your character, watch videos and whatnot, and then apply what you've learned when you can. Step into training mode if you want. No one will stop you.
I wish this was true for me, but I find it nearly impossible to learn from a textbook, or the like. I learn combos from practice, and like nothing else :(

That said, I do go into training mode when no one else is playing. It's how I can play at all.

Also, I learned Brawl first, and it has like no preset combos, so learning combos is more difficult, since I never really played a game where there were combos. I'm conditioned to do something different every time, so I don't get predicted. It doesn't matter when there are garunteed combos, but again, I never played games like that (at least competitivley)

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Man, I go back and read dinosaur comics every once in a while, but I just feel I can't add it to my collective for some reason.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
It looks like the fest is going to happen at my apartment unless someone is volunteering a house lol.

David and I are probably doing a magic show for Sinz' family before hand so I'm not sure what time it'll be starting at. We'll say 2 or 3 just for those who have school johns.

tw1n

Smash Champion
So smashfest at our place it most likely is lol. But we will most likely be doing other stuff to make Sinz last few days here great! Even if its just a few of us thursday lol.

tekkie

Smash Master
what the hell does youtube want me to watch? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPlYRC5RlUE&feature=related

i click on the "recommended for you" thing on youtube today and get doremon ****ing everyone's **** up.
That video was amazing. Maybe you needed a reminder of how ****ing awesome Doraemon is.

It looks like the fest is going to happen at my apartment unless someone is volunteering a house lol.
Is this on the west side?

Also, District 9 was brilliant.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I might be able to volunteer my house.

But it would be kind of pointless if only a few people show up to the fest because there would be too much extra space at my house. Plus it's a further drive for the east side players.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I live in the apartments on Coors and Paseo on the west side.

And Thursday going away fest for Sinz.

With the following guest/celebraty appearances:
Sinz

And District 9 was good. It didn't blow my mind like everyone said it would HOWEVER I thought it was very original and very well made. Amazing movie and I recommend it for everyone.

tekkie

Smash Master
And District 9 was good. It didn't blow my mind like everyone said it would HOWEVER I thought it was very original and very well made. Amazing movie and I recommend it for everyone.
The crimes against humanity theme was interesting. Every event was like a parallel to Auschwitz/Japanese-American internment/the Vietnam War/Bataan Death March/other various crimes against humanity (Armenian genocide, isolation chamber experiments, etc.) Sitting through the movie, all I could think of was that it was an extremely toned down allegory about 20th century humanitarian disasters.

tw1n

Smash Champion
The crimes against humanity theme was interesting. Every event was like a parallel to Auschwitz/Japanese-American internment/the Vietnam War/Bataan Death March/other various crimes against humanity (Armenian genocide, isolation chamber experiments, etc.) Sitting through the movie, all I could think of was that it was an extremely toned down allegory about 20th century humanitarian disasters.
All I could think about was cure puppies and chocolate milk... what were you watching?

Lol haven't seen the movie yet =]

tw1n

Smash Champion
I wouldn't be surprised. I was looking through your window watching you. My bad on be distracted by the tv on occassion :(

tw1n

Smash Champion
<3 you too Axe. Just gotta also throw in that Pikachu is freakin amazing!!! Hahahaha I want to go to AZ for a tourney so badly!!! Darn you school and being poor!

Top Bottom