• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Power Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Outstanding players?

An outstanding player to me is someone who can beat Mew2King.

PS There are only two players in the USA right who can beat M2K, PC Chris and KoreanDJ. So unless Utah's players have beaten M2K (highly doubtful) then I don't want to hear that they have outstanding players.

BTW, I'm all in favor of the NM vs. CO crew battle. We should also see if we could have a UT vs. NM crew battle. Also, how many players would be on each team if we were to have a NM vs. CO crew battle?

BTW Erich, you only mentioned all the Albuquerque smashers. Keep in mind that there are active smashers in Roswell, Santa Fe, Farmington, and Los Alamos. None of those smashers are good but they are smashers regardless.

Happy Paul? I changed it to good players. Gosh!!! JK.

Hmm, I don't know. We might just have to separate it up between the crews and have ABP on our crew again. That might work. That way there'd be 2 crew battles. Not that that's important...

I don't know about UT, they said they wouldn't be coming back for a long time, so we might not see them again until X-Topia in May, and that would be for Brawl.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
UT's not coming back because they got ***** the last time they were here.

El Paso's not coming back because they know they won't win anymore.

Why would we seperate the crews? We should just have one big NM vs. CO crew battle.

Haha, so true!

Alright, we could do that too. The thing about that though Paul, is that each person on NM will be given only one or two stocks if we do a 20 stock CB. See what I mean?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
GG wins this thread.

Just use your top 5-8? I think that would be best for demonstrating the overall skill of the state (plus, we probably couldn't get our top 10 to come, anyway). Haha, hey guys, remember when we sent El Paso back to Texas with their tails between their legs? Good times. The other Texas players laughed when I brought up El Paso at OC3. Only guy I liked from there was Nicolai (I think... he was the Falco player, right?).

CO needs to beat AZ in a crew battle (I really wish, haha) so that we can claim best of the 4corners. XD

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Why would we include every decent NM player, lets just use our best players to represent the state like Tony said.

Good times indeed Zeal, Texas always knew that El Paso thought they were good but really weren't. I just wish I could have seen Texas's reactions. BTW, Nicholai was the Falco player. He's the only player in EP I like as well.

Good luck beating AZ in a crew battle. Forward retired so you stand a chance but Taj is still there. I don't know, maybe you guys actually do stand a chance.

Hehe, yea, I like Nicholai too. But you know, it's hard not to like him, ja? He's a pretty cool guy.

Top 5-8 eh? Sounds good. See you all sometime in the future. I'm asking around right now when the next tourney is, so when I get the date, I'll post it.

You wish GG. You wish.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
NM would do better than UT. We don't have a Bowser main, for starters.
No Bowser main = Instant Win

Hell, back when I really, REALLY sucked (when Utah came) I played Gojira with Link, a character I never even practiced with or anything, and still could beat him without much trouble. I would hope they have improved.

Me vs. Laozy huh? Hmm, we'll oblige that next time we see UT. Last time they came to NM they got utterly butt-*****, but hey, they just might have improved. BTW, that was a slight exaggeration, but only slight.
They certainly didn't do well.

Regardless of whether we'd lose or not, it would still be fun to do a crew battle, ja? Of course, NM's separated into two very different crews. In Team Nub we have me, Sinz and Alphabravo. Practically everyone else is in BNTD, and I mean EVERYONE. Except for ABP, who used to be with team nub, but now he's not part of either. I'm sure he'd do the crew battle though.
If by practically everyone else you mean only five people: Me, GoldenGlove, Sliraobe God, Pice, and Mitsurento (who doesn't even play competitively anymore), so more like four. Besides, it would be NM vs. Utah, not NM crew A vs. Utah.

I would tend to agree with my fellow NM'ers though, I myself have little confidence in UT's skill anymore, but like you said, UT has more good players players than NM does. I see your point. Hmmm, this is indeed a predicament. Still, let's do the crew battle, just to see how it goes.
I think we would win. Fo' sho'.

Outstanding players?

An outstanding player to me is someone who can beat Mew2King.

PS There are only two players in the USA right who can beat M2K, PC Chris and KoreanDJ. So unless Utah's players have beaten M2K (highly doubtful) then I don't want to hear that they have outstanding players.
I'd have to agree with Paul. Not necessarily with the Mew2King standard, but someone I would consider an "outstanding player" is someone truly outstanding. Someone who plays the top best regularly and wins often.

BTW, I'm all in favor of the NM vs. CO crew battle. We should also see if we could have a UT vs. NM crew battle. Also, how many players would be on each team if we were to have a NM vs. CO crew battle?
I'm down for both. I would say five, four stock each, totalling at 20 stock per state. Maybe have some extra players, too, like the coast crew battles.

BTW Erich, you only mentioned all the Albuquerque smashers. Keep in mind that there are active smashers in Roswell, Santa Fe, Farmington, and Los Alamos. None of those smashers are good but they are smashers regardless.
Lol. Agreed.

Haha, so true!

Alright, we could do that too. The thing about that though Paul, is that each person on NM will be given only one or two stocks if we do a 20 stock CB. See what I mean?
No... we'd only have five people play with four stock, and maybe have some extras. Just like any normal crew battle.

I'd just like to point out that this is the NM Power Rankings thread. And I won it. So, logically, I'm #1 on the Power Rankings.
In your dreams, man.

So yeah, overall, I'd love to do that. Plus, I'd like to have a crew battle between BNTD and Team Nub at the monthly, if possible. Jaja?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Just get a tournament with like... 15-20 people (essentially a pot equalling $200), and we'll come. For us to bring 5 people it comes out to all of $25 a piece. We just need something to make it worth our while to drive 6 hours (though seeing you guys is worth it, I promise ♥).

Also, we need to tape it, haha.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
1) When the next decently sized tournament is held and CO shows we will have a NM vs. CO crew battle. The number of players on the NM team will depend on how many players from CO show up. We WILL tape and we WILL post the crew battle online.

2) Davis, you just reminded me of that crew battle between Team Nub and BNTD that never took place. We'll have to have that crew battle tomorrow at the monthly. Hopefully we'll be able to get it taped.

3) Agreed, there will be no NM crew A vs. CO crap. Only the best will participate (according to how many CO players show up of course).

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Utah isn't bad. LoVo is just too good.

NM, come to Utah. We challenge you. :p

That crew battle is a joke. Every Utah smasher had 4 hours or less or less. Waking up in the middle of a deep REM sleep, then smashing, is like smashing drunk. (Scientifically proven!)

CO didn't get sleep either. At all. At least they weren't in the middle of a REM cycle, though. :(

So, my john as a Utah smasher, is that LoVo is just too good.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Xsyven: A crew battle between NM and UT would be very interesting and fun. If we ever get the chance we should have that crew battle. We'll have to wait and see....

BTW, you have a point. If El Lovo hadn't participated in the crew battle then UT would have done much better. But still, most of your player's played poorly.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I want to see some 4 corners crew battles. That would be awesome. Maybe we can just have a huge 4 corners invite down here and see how many people would be willing to show up. And just a side note, yes, Lovo is too freakin good. But so is Yang Fu Shang. And then Ken Geedorah, Zeal, ad the rest of the CO smashers were really good. So if NM wants to beat CO in a crew battle, Nm needs to practice alot and be well prepared.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Me and another Utah smasher work for SkyWest airlines, so we can fly over for free. Just as long as you guys provide housing and amazing results when it comes to recruiting the other two states.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
1) When the next decently sized tournament is held and CO shows we will have a NM vs. CO crew battle. The number of players on the NM team will depend on how many players from CO show up. We WILL tape and we WILL post the crew battle online.

2) Davis, you just reminded me of that crew battle between Team Nub and BNTD that never took place. We'll have to have that crew battle tomorrow at the monthly. Hopefully we'll be able to get it taped.

3) Agreed, there will be no NM crew A vs. CO crap. Only the best will participate (according to how many CO players show up of course).
Amen all the way.

Utah isn't bad. LoVo is just too good.

NM, come to Utah. We challenge you. :p

That crew battle is a joke. Every Utah smasher had 4 hours or less or less. Waking up in the middle of a deep REM sleep, then smashing, is like smashing drunk. (Scientifically proven!)

CO didn't get sleep either. At all. At least they weren't in the middle of a REM cycle, though. :(

So, my john as a Utah smasher, is that LoVo is just too good.
I'm sorry, all I heard was "John john... john john, john, john john john."

Haha, I kid. Love ya man.

Me and another Utah smasher work for SkyWest airlines, so we can fly over for free. Just as long as you guys provide housing and amazing results when it comes to recruiting the other two states.
That's ****ing awesome. Sounds like a plan. I want to have a NM vs. Utah crew battle. That would, most certainly, be amazing.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Salt Lake City is absolutely stuck when it comes to traveling, though. They have one smasher up there with a car.

So yeah-- good luck gettin' people down there. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom