• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Power Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
New Mexico Power Rankings!
This is to increase the stability and strength of our state. Move up the rankings and Improve! This was based on Tournament results and player opinions(Also, some oos.)
Panelists
Sinz, Erich, Articdrac
  • Allboutpeach
  • Erich
  • Sinz
  • Sonny
  • Alphabravo
  • GoldenGlove
  • Articdrac
  • Yukitanuki
  • Kashakunaki
  • C-J
Discuss

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Well, if this was based on tournament results, then I can see why I was placed where I was. Anyway, there better be a smashfest or tournament really soon so I can prove to all the doubters that I belong higher on the list.

Other than that I think these rankings are accurate for the most part.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Happy, I fixed it! There, not mispelled any more for you tickle me emo freaks!

Front Smash King

Smash Rookie
I'm likin' those rankings, hope there is a smashfest soon, i think i can make it on there.
Davis
Steven
You go guys.

EDIT: BTW i had to make a new account >_< my other one ( Mitsurento ) got messed up to all hell.

Hmmm...something's wrong, but I'm not gonna say anything.

Smash tournament March 31, yalls! If you want to move up, then I suggest you come to that one and show your stuff there, alrighty? Location and whatnot, is in the NM thread, but I'll post it here too.

So anyways, here we go:

Where? Taylor Ranch Community Center

When? Since the stupid freakin' ******** community center won't give us more time and they still plan to close at 3:00, it starts at 9:00. Be there from 9-10:00, and I'm betting the actual tournament will start around 11-11:30.

Oh yea, we need all the help we can get, because it's supposed to be for Halo 2 as well, so can everyone from NM bring at least 1 GCN and 1 T.V? Please make your posts regarding this subject in the NM thread.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Agreed, TX>nm. I will most likely not be at this tournament because it is Joe hosting.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hmm. About time we got one of these up. Looks like I'm going to have to start strutting my stuff and move up that list. Watch out, play time is over, fellas.

Lol, thanks Kendric. I also agree with Steven, IF you go. Haha. By the way, why is it Front Smash and not Forward Smash? Just out of curiousity.

A state battle with Texas would own in two ways. The first in it being ridiculously fun, the second in New Mexico getting whomped. I hate to say it, but it's true. You just wait, though. We're gettin' better.

Sweet, Erich. I hate the tournaments there, but I'll more than likely be going anyways as long as it doesn't interfere with my Spring Break plans. That is during Spring Break, right?

...Anyone here like Monopoly >.>?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
New Mexico should have a state battle with Texas. Caveman pwns.
Caveman is too good, he can sandbag and still 4 stock you. If you meet him, make sure you have a hacky sac, for real.

I wanna go to the NM tourny, but thats an 8 hour drive I do not wanna make.

Don't come to this one, Rasta, you won't enjoy it, believe me. Wait until me or Sinz says it's acceptable to come, trust me. You don't wanna come to this one. Not for 8 hours of driving, anyways. And yes, that is during spring break Kash.

Alright guys, no more going easy; at this tournament, I won't be holding ANYTHING back from ANYONE. Be prepared for the new Erich...maybe...or not.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Yeah, I hate to discourage OOSers from coming, but it probably isn't worth it. The previous Taylor Ranch tournaments have been short on time and poorly ran. Also, I plan to at least crack a spot in the top 5, so watch out.

ºOblivionº

Smash Journeyman
Caveman is too good, he can sandbag and still 4 stock you. If you meet him, make sure you have a hacky sac, for real.

I wanna go to the NM tourny, but thats an 8 hour drive I do not wanna make.
Teh ,why do you need a hacky sac ( the ball thing, right ? ). Will he sanbagmore if you have one ?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I agree with the above few. Taylor Ranch tends to be poor quality. It is best just for the in state smashers.

So, how often will the power rankings be updated?

I plan to ascend rather high in the brackets myself. I'm not gonna take any **** anymore. This is all buissness. I'm a competitive person by nature, but I'm going full force. Every game will mean the world to me, for every lose it will hurt just that much more.

EDIT: By the way... ****... wait... ****... what was I gonna say. Something about this tour... OH YEAH! Will there be teams? Also, I think I speak on behalf of the rest of my crew when I say we want a crew battle. 3v3. So that door is open for takers.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Since no one wants to go to a tourney in NM over Spring Break, come to EVOinstead. :)

I'll money match anyone from NM or EP if they come. And El Paso owes Austin people a Crew battle.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I was thinking about our power rankings relative to others and that there is a few things that could be done to make it better. For instance, list some Smashers in the state that aren't necessarily on the rankings, post how much points each person has, how to earn points and how much points positions and tournaments are worth, and what crews there are in New Mexico and their members. Just a thought.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
omg that would take a while, but I will figure it out.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be up there u just wait......ill money match any of u any day of the week( excluding abp, sonny and erich u guys got me covered ) im not gonna say anything about some of u cause i havent played u guys and im shure u are pretty good (alphabravo, artic, golden glove)id like to mm u guys too just to see what happens. But we'll see what goes down march 31

Pice

Smash Apprentice
BTW taylor Ranch is under new manegment and should be ran MUCH better then previous tournys , but we'll see how this tourny pans out to see if trcc lives or dies.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
When ever the hell Ranch is Id be glad to MM Pice, I feel like I gotta atleast try and redeem OK. Pay$ killed himself on the last stock of the last match as SOON as he respawned, Vegafuse sandbagged because if he won he would have had to fight EnixMoogle, and South Paw well...He just sucks no getting around that.

Seriously, when is this next tourny and I'll take up as many MM as you guys wanna throw at me.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I might go to T5, we just gotta see. Also, you NM-ers should have made a thread with your tourny info and date, I needed more than week's notice on this.

I know Rasta, but you see, this tournament will not be as big as the last one, and we don't have as much time as the last one, so there's little free time in the tourney. Still, if you wanna come, then check out the thread I just made titled NM tournament March 31st, it's your choice.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
I vote CJ above kash CJ plays marth and kash plays doc if you want more of a reason i just find CJ to be a more difficult match then kash.

Kash has good techinical skill but is very predictable also CJ techs weren't as good but still good and he was a little less predictable and he plays marth.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
I vote CJ above kash CJ plays marth and kash plays doc if you want more of a reason i just find CJ to be a more difficult match then kash.

Kash has good techinical skill but is very predictable also CJ techs weren't as good but still good and he was a little less predictable and he plays marth.
agreed. not hatin kash just honest. c-j is better.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I know Rasta, but you see, this tournament will not be as big as the last one, and we don't have as much time as the last one, so there's little free time in the tourney. Still, if you wanna come, then check out the thread I just made titled NM tournament March 31st, it's your choice.
Theres no way Im gonna get over there this weekend, I got things to do. Let me know a little bit sooner, say maybe 2 weeks in advance at the LEAST.

Alright. Sorry about that, it's just...well, I have my reasons. If we made this tournament known to the whole southwest like we usually do, then we'd run out of time at the tournament, because there are TWO tournaments going on, so the last thing we need is 20 or so OOS'ers coming to this tournament, because then...well, you get the picture, ja? We have limited time as is, and if OOS'ers came, we'd definitely run out of it. When we find a new place to hold tourneys, or for X-Topia, then we'll tell you in advance, when we can actually have some extra time for the tourney.

Pice

Smash Apprentice
it will start at 10:30 and will end at 3:00 there should be plebnt of tvs to do free time dont listen to erich it should be fun man so how much rasta like 10$

Pice

Smash Apprentice
i belive that this tourny will be much better ran.....mb thats just cause im actually hosting this one...u guys should all just give trcc 1 more chance

Pice

Smash Apprentice
ya erich told me he made 1 when my internet was down. so i belived him big mistake

Pice

Smash Apprentice
Alright. Sorry about that, it's just...well, I have my reasons. If we made this tournament known to the whole southwest like we usually do, then we'd run out of time at the tournament, because there are TWO tournaments going on, so the last thing we need is 20 or so OOS'ers coming to this tournament, because then...well, you get the picture, ja? We have limited time as is, and if OOS'ers came, we'd definitely run out of it. When we find a new place to hold tourneys, or for X-Topia, then we'll tell you in advance, when we can actually have some extra time for the tourney.
and theres 4 times as many tvs and theres actully gonna be brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom