• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Power Rankings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Samus is Easy to get around. Nair those missles.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Samus is never sexy.
In fact no character except falcon is sexy, scratch every character but falcon and Boozer.
FALCON IS ALWAYS SEXY.

Don't ever get it mixed up again.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
yeah my brother told me that you reflected it. sounded awesome lol. but where as you say he's easy, he's always getting better with her. the more people he plays the better he's getting lol. but ill let him defend his own *** lol. till then i just have to find a way to make my link better and faster

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Keep in mind that's not the true power rankings list, it's just my idea of how the list might look if it were updated.

The sexiest characters in the game are Captain Falcon and Donkey Kong. BTW, Sinz has a very sexy Falcon.

tw1n

Smash Champion
We will just have to see how more tournaments go to see how the new list can be made. Shapechanger, I admit that that reflect during SWD was sexy, but also lucky. And the match came to a close end. And everyone here should know that donkey kong is by far the sexiest character in the game. Just look at his taunt :)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Samus is never sexy.
In fact no character except falcon is sexy, scratch every character but falcon and Boozer.
FALCON IS ALWAYS SEXY.

Don't ever get it mixed up again.
You dun gone crazy, Everett. Falcon has ascended beyond a level of sexy and you forgot Dr. Mario. Dr. Mario is a pimp and everyone knows it.

I beat him in a Samus ditto. :D
In fact, I shield-reflected a Missile mid-SWD. That was sexy.
HIT THEM WHEN THE SEX IS STRONG!

im sorry but in terms of sexiest char i give it to zero suit samus. and yes i know the games not out yet but it was worth throwing out.
Doc much?

Okay, enough jokes. I was waiting for this tournament, actually, before I suggested the panelists get together and make a new one using the past three tournaments (TRCC, TRCC, and X-Topia), along with MMs etc, to make an updated list along with crews and maybe a team system.

Anyways, who are the panelists again? Paul, me, and Joe? What's going on here...

Also, if I could get the results for the last three tournaments, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
TRCC in March= 1st Erich
2nd Sinz
3rd Sonny

X-topia in February= 1st Tetsuya
2nd Enix-Moogle
3rd ABP

No one from New Mexico placed in the top 3 in the recent TRCC tournament. I don't have the full results from any of those tournaments. BTW Davis, exactly how do you plan to do the power rankings list; using what method? Just let me know and I'll do it.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Do you think you could get more than the top three?

Maybe like... the top ten? I was hoping we could use the X system, as that is what I thought we had settled on.

As for making the list itself, I was thinking the panelists could put to the side some time to get together to discuss it, assign points, and just overall assess the playing ability of others through MMs and opinions of other's.

I don't think there's room for rambo **** here, Paul.

tw1n

Smash Champion
We should just wait and see how everyone does after a few smashfests. If the bar keeps raising than so be it. The only thing certian right now is erich is number one and sin is following in a close second. But we will see as time goes on ;)

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Now Now, you guys are leaping WAY TOO FAR before you even think!
First of all, I should be 4th last (above Kash *cough*) according to Paul's list.

Second of all, why the hell are any of you quitting smash on Dec 3rd? I might be planning on hosting a Brawl opening ceremony celebration with a smashfest that day! :mad:
Also, just because we have an online game, it doesn't mean we still can't get together on Melee with the friends we've come to know and love and just play!

Psh, I hate/love you all. :dizzy:
Sliraobe God

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hola Neil. Well where is your house at roughly and when is the first smashfest :D and for the record. I bet we will all still get together and play. Its just going to be both brawl and melee ;D

OR Brawl will completely take over and we'll just play that together instead of Melee. You see, it'll be like the same thing, only with a different game, you get it? No difference in playing, except the game we play.

See you guys the beginning of August/end of July!

Pice

Smash Apprentice
exactley and for one we need to have more then just this tournament to make power rankings.......neil u would never be ahead of kash sry.........mb after this 28th tournament we will have some more data

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I don't know... I think we have adequete tournament data (if we can find the data) to make a Power Rankings list. However, I think the 28th tournament is the prime solution (you like the Optimus Prime reference? Haha).

$100 MM, NEIL! NAO! Haha, I kid.

Anywho, ****... what was... oh, right, Brawl. Lol. I read the quit posts and at first my ******** brain didn't realize why. I was like "OH NO!" Yeah, I quit that day, too. Hell, like David said, I quit everything that day.

I checked, it is a Monday. So that means I won't be at school... Monday... Tuesday... Wednesday... Thursday... maybe... nope, definitely not Friday either. Oh well.

AND SCREW YOU NEIL! I'm having the Brawl party! I've been talking about having one for like, 3/4 a year now. Big. Sexy. Brawl. Party. I shall call it... BSBP. Eck, that's not sexy at all. Brawl Secksh. Mmm. I love you Sakurai.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well... I want to propose a question to New Mexico:

How do you think we should reconstruct the first Power Ranking?

A) Do it simply by opinionated responses as in no assigned points or technical stuff. Simply the discussion between panelists then members of the New Mexico community about tournament placings and who we think who is better than who.

B) Get technical and assign points based on tournament placings and MMs rather than merely taking note of them on an opinionated basis.

I think we can shape a decent Power Ranking without the assistance of points, personally, but thereafter create, or use a currently existing, point system to assign points for teams, individuals, and crews.

Personally, this is roughly how I think a singles Power Ranking of ten would look like:

1. Erich
2. ABP
3. Sinz
4. Alphabravo
5. Sonny
6. Kashakunaki
7. GoldenGlove
8. Sliraobe God
9. Pice
10. Lrin (What is his Smashboards screen name >.>?)

That's just off the top of my head. Chris is no longer active and Arctic and Yuki hardly.

Also, the panelists are me, Paul, and... who again? Personally, I think we should have four. Erich and Paul and then myself and Joe. That way we have two people from each crew, hopefully balancing out any biased opinions, concious or not, and all four of those members are active and I think have a valid opinion in the Smash community.

Thoughts?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I never get to play ABP in tourneys =(. I kill him everywhere else =(

Shapechanger

Smash Apprentice
Well... I want to propose a question to New Mexico:

How do you think we should reconstruct the first Power Ranking?

A) Do it simply by opinionated responses as in no assigned points or technical stuff. Simply the discussion between panelists then members of the New Mexico community about tournament placings and who we think who is better than who.

B) Get technical and assign points based on tournament placings and MMs rather than merely taking note of them on an opinionated basis.

I think we can shape a decent Power Ranking without the assistance of points, personally, but thereafter create, or use a currently existing, point system to assign points for teams, individuals, and crews.

Personally, this is roughly how I think a singles Power Ranking of ten would look like:

1. Erich
2. ABP
3. Sinz
4. Alphabravo
5. Sonny
6. Kashakunaki
7. GoldenGlove
8. Sliraobe God
9. Pice
10. Lrin (What is his Smashboards screen name >.>?)

That's just off the top of my head. Chris is no longer active and Arctic and Yuki hardly.

Also, the panelists are me, Paul, and... who again? Personally, I think we should have four. Erich and Paul and then myself and Joe. That way we have two people from each crew, hopefully balancing out any biased opinions, concious or not, and all four of those members are active and I think have a valid opinion in the Smash community.

Thoughts?
Firstly, this is Lrin.

And as for how to do the power rankings, I'm not sure what these are supposed to represent? Is this supposed to be a direct skill rating from 1 to 10, or an averaged tournament rankings compared to other locals?

If it's direct skill rating, you can't really take older tournaments into account, because said person has, most likey, improved whereas others might have improved less or none at all. A lot of opinion would come into play, so the only real way to have completely accurate power rankings would to have every single local player play every other local player in a match, and calculate from those results the top ten.

If it's average tournament rankings, the solution is obvious. Somebody would need to run about, find all the tournaments that all the local players have attended in the past year or so, and average them all out.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The power rankings is a list of the top players in an area deemed the best by a group of panelists and other players, more or less. They're most often used to keep said area competitive in a positive manner, giving someone a visual aid and a reason to strive to be better.

As for your statement about older tournaments whereas some people may have improved, others haven't... well, that's what the list is supposed to represent. By now some people may have been surpassed in skill while others haven't ascended and some may have decended in the rankings. It's a visual aid meant to help achieve. It isn't necessarily average tournament rankings, but tournament placings do determine your position as that's how panelists decide who is better, and I say that loosely.

Sorry if I explained that poorly.

tw1n

Smash Champion
We need to start up smashfests that way we can more clearly place everyone. Because last I saw kash, you and I are a close match and I have beaten out silraobe god in the last 2 tournaments I entered. The last one winning 3 to 1. We can't just roughly make one. Only time will accurately tell.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Basically, it shows who is overall the best players for the state. We have 3-30 panelists(due to Canada lol..) to decide based on tournament results, playing, and other things.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
i agree with the everyone plays everyone idea lol. or smashfests as my brother put it. at the end of even one night we would be able to get a clear picture of whos better than who and what have ya. and when it comes to tourneys... the last one i just kinda choked lol (but didnt do too bad after the fact) :p but oh well huh

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Not to be mean, David, because your Link is cool and all and certainly fun to play, but I don't think I've ever played you seriously. Always sandbaggin'. And Sliraobe just has bad luck and he does poorly under stress. Not to mention he has the, "I suck," mindset.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Not to be mean, David, because your Link is cool and all and certainly fun to play, but I don't think I've ever played you seriously. Always sandbaggin'. And Sliraobe just has bad luck and he does poorly under stress. Not to mention he has the, "I suck," mindset.
Paul Has the I suck mindset.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
heh, now im just curious as to which person you're talking to me or david? cuz you said him but im the one who uses link :p

either way its all good. it just gives me some goals for next time we all meet up :D

Trollthug

Smash Apprentice
Hey kash do have that vid that u recorded of our matches? ^_____________________________^

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Trollthug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hi!!!!

Hi guys. Ugh...my dad changed his mind right at the last second about the MGC tourney, and wouldn't let me go. Oh well...stuff happens.

Anyways, I think that for now, since NM is very scattered and whatnot, we should just make the list of off popular opinion. On August 11, however, we should really try and make a set of rankings from the tournaments from then on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom