• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* matchup discussion week #6: Wario!

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Larry, can you confirm my writeup? =/
Everything you said is right except the thing about bair having a hitbox on the top of his head xD

Also, if Wario doesn't know the chain grab it might be close to 65-35

clowsui

Smash Legend
sky isn't in the fbr because he didn't start posting here until now

post here more than once in a million years and i'm almost certain bleachigo will add you as a norcal rep

Sky`

Smash Lord
Larry, Try it. Have Wario above you, and Dair, and just Bair. It hits him.
third best falco duh **** ban mk
>=/

Sky`

Smash Lord
Ugh.
Larry.
You are a big Dummy head.
I'll prove it to you right now!
みせるからね!
>=/

Edit: <=/
Fixt.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL larry third grade mode!?

in any case i'm going to play/mm blue rogue tomorrow and tell you guys how it goes.

Sky`

Smash Lord
This is stupid. No way there's a hitbox on Falco's head xD

I'd agree with 55:45 Falco.
Ugh, you guys are missing the point.

The Hitbox may not be there, but if you Bair right Below Wario as he's jumping, it will hit him. That's the Theme of what I was trying to get across.

Sweating the small details, You falco's really need to start looking at the bigger picture. =P

And it's in no way that close. X]

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Okay so stages. Our best stage to play Wario is FD, I think the Worse is RC. I'm not too sure about the in between, Smashville would be our second best and I'm torn between Lylat/Brinstar being our second worse.

Denzi

Smash Master
LOL larry third grade mode!?

in any case i'm going to play/mm blue rogue tomorrow and tell you guys how it goes.
Space well, don't get grabbed circa 50%, Watch out for Bite and fsmash nonsense, careful when attacking shield, mix up recovery, switch between camping and atticking.

^my advice vs Wario (it's really general, but still).

Sky`

Smash Lord
I don't see any situation where you should be 'aggro'. =P That is, if you're aiming to win.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I've concluded that Brinstar is a lot better Lylat since falco has more guaranteed grab releases on him on that stage, it's smaller, and it's more difficult for him to do his chain grab on that stage.

I think the stages from best to worst go like this: FD, SV, YS, BF, PS, Brinstar, Halberd, Frigate, CS, Lylat ,Delfino RC.

LiL.Will

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZOMGitzWill
3DS FC
2208-5740-6357
Should Bair be used as more of a defensive move or should it be saved as a killing move during the match? Also is Falco good at edgeguarding good Warios?

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
FD is sooo good versus Wario.

I train with BMX(respectable wario main from md/va) almost every day. We go even, but I became more familiar with the matchup. Lasers are so good.

SHDL'ing

they can't attack you, so they have to approach.

so they'll shield, spotdodge, roll or jump and airdodge.

I just punish that approach.

Jab, ftilt, utilt, oos bair.

I think it's 60-40 falco or better.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
staying under a platform wont help much xD. on BF they can hit u with their dair through the platform.. u can duck but all falco has under a platform thats Safe is nair. Mu is even. laser, cg, utilt their Ad, and laser./..

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I've concluded that Brinstar is a lot better Lylat since falco has more guaranteed grab releases on him on that stage, it's smaller, and it's more difficult for him to do his chain grab on that stage.

I think the stages from best to worst go like this: FD, SV, YS, BF, PS, Brinstar, Halberd, Frigate, CS, Lylat ,Delfino RC.
Can u explain the grab releases on brinstar

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
staying under a platform wont help much xD. on BF they can hit u with their dair through the platform.. u can duck but all falco has under a platform thats Safe is nair. Mu is even. laser, cg, utilt their Ad, and laser./..
Exactly stay low, since he only approach with Dair, intercept it with Nair. He can also drop through and Uair if you get predictable but you can just shield grab.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
lol, Falco ***** Wario no contest. Wario loses in all regards except weight and knockback, but you have so many guaranteed shenanigans AND broken walls, AND Wario fails to lasers?

Yeah okay.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
You can still call me Dan on the boards, many do, lol.

Also, it was more of a question like, "why are we rediscussing this awful MU?"
Oh, I have this whole strange Brawl culture respect thingy where IRL = Real Names, The Boards = SN.

And, oh...these boards just BLOW!

*runs*

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
sky isn't in the fbr because he didn't start posting here until now

post here more than once in a million years and i'm almost certain bleachigo will add you as a norcal rep
i rarely posted here before i got in.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i forgot about that :/

i played BR, he switched to ics on me in bracket after he almost lost on his CP in pools (frigate game 3)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

Actually, the CG is easier to do on the slanted areas of Brinstar for us because people don't go as far (we can even CG/Regrab characters we can't CG on slants) after the dthrows.

Also, Brinstar has that danger factor when the lava comes up b/c you lose room to run.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Actually, the CG is easier to do on the slanted areas of Brinstar for us because people don't go as far (we can even CG/Regrab characters we can't CG on slants) after the dthrows.

Also, Brinstar has that danger factor when the lava comes up b/c you lose room to run.
You can still do it on Brinstar but it's much harder since it's dependent on where you grab Falco on the stage. If Falco is grabbed and is d thrown on a slanted area going up, then it is much easier to do. If the slanted area is going down, then it most likely won't work.

Falco not having room isn't a problem for him in this match up, he shouldn't be running away.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Dair through platform? What? Do 6% damage, suffer landing lag, get punished by a 13% bair/dair?

What?

Wario ain't got **** when you're spamming utilt/nair/laser under a platform, it'll probably end up with him pulling all sorts of tricks that aren't supposed to work and, for some reason, actually work out pretty well.

People saying Wario has got nothing on Falco are what they are (no further elaboration required, really). Wario is very much capable of preventing stuff of happening to him, and is rather capable of keeping Falco in a bad spot once he gets him there (fthrow, uair, dair, high percent nair). Wario's CG doesn't change the MU all that much if at all, it's just not consistent enough.

No offense to you Pierce/Dan (I think I'll call you Dan), but to what extent do you know this matchup so well that you can actually drop in and exclaim that Falco ***** Wario? As for Larry, what?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Larry, you realize that getting Falco out from under his hiding places is probably the hardest thing in this matchup? Force you to come out from safer areas into tighter/open spaces is like, the entire goal for us... as in most matchups, sadly :\

We're more at a disadvantage grounded/right in front/45 degrees in front of you than anywhere else.

Top Bottom