• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Match-Up Discussion Week #3: Marth!

Notra

Smash Ace
No need to be crude, no need to answer the question that was not asked for that matter.

I think I already mentioned the fact that crudeness is not needed, or that you shouldn't answer comments that specifically ask not to be commented on.

Oh well.
lets not insult ppl and expect not to get the teeth slapped out ur mouth bud. I could at least see if u were one of the ppl that have dealt with me on falco boards but ur just some randy.

I heard chair was a hoe, thats not a question dont respond......

and ty xonar.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
lets not insult ppl and expect not to get the teeth slapped out ur mouth bud. I could at least see if u were one of the ppl that have dealt with me on falco boards but ur just some randy.

I heard chair was a hoe, thats not a question dont respond......

and ty xonar.
At least I got the manners to provoke one's honor in a sense of fashionable gentleness and irony, sure I would expect one not to take it overly seriously (especially considering the fact one just got insulted over the internet by a common man).

Oh also it was a mild form of trolling accompanied by contribution to a MU thread, I suggest you to take it like a gentleman and keep your vulgarities aside.

Also grammar/punctuation/spelling, but I suppose you know about that.

Notra

Smash Ace
At least I got the manners to provoke one's honor in a sense of fashionable gentleness and irony, sure I would expect one not to take it overly seriously (especially considering the fact one just got insulted over the internet by a common man).

Oh also it was a mild form of trolling accompanied by contribution to a MU thread, I suggest you to take it like a gentleman and keep your vulgarities aside.

Also grammar/punctuation/spelling, but I suppose you know about that.
1. could give a **** about grammar/ w.e on a video game board
2. i have no need to put up with u
3. i am no gentlemen, when the first words u say to me r an insult
4. uve nvr seen me play, besides vs lain. (if u call that playing)
5. ur a random, and this is the internet; so why the **** would i hold back on u?

just stfu, ive already faught w/ the boards enough. Its gotten boring, and useless. Besides im not the best, so unless that happens im taking advice. but not from u

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Wow, what happened here? It's like someone threw a rock in a snowball fight. Also, where the **** are the mods. People should be getting banned/penalized for spamming useless **** about "I live 10 minutes away from a marth player, I'm the ****, look at me."

I'm bumping this because this is one of falco's tougher match-ups and deserves to be looked at seriously (and I was beaten in my last two tournies by marth players >_> ). Marth handles camping extremely well. If you watch DEHF's matches with MikeHaze, falco actually does very little camping. DEHF wins by spacing and mind-gaming the **** out of mike.

I like what someone said earlier about how falco needs to play reactionary rather than campy but marth plays that game better than falco does.

DEHF's personal skill aside, I feel this will end up as 60-40 marth as time goes on and people truly learn how to zone against falco.

/discuss

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Wow, what happened here? It's like someone threw a rock in a snowball fight. Also, where the **** are the mods. People should be getting banned/penalized for spamming useless **** about "I live 10 minutes away from a marth player, I'm the ****, look at me."

I'm bumping this because this is one of falco's tougher match-ups and deserves to be looked at seriously (and I was beaten in my last two tournies by marth players >_> ). Marth handles camping extremely well. If you watch DEHF's matches with MikeHaze, falco actually does very little camping. DEHF wins by spacing and mind-gaming the **** out of mike.

I like what someone said earlier about how falco needs to play reactionary rather than campy but marth plays that game better than falco does.

DEHF's personal skill aside, I feel this will end up as 60-40 marth as time goes on and people truly learn how to zone against falco.

/discuss

oh wait wrong one...

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
the only thing i find annoying about marth is his dancing blade. and that is only cause each variation refreshes other variations and decayed it does about 8% i think?

we both have chain grabs, he has fair but we have lasers. we can bait dolphin slash and punish with either a point blank charged f-smash or a backwards tipper'd f-smash.

marth is probably an easy person to gimp or ledge hog from since he has to sweet spot his ledge grab.

i thought we were already doen w this?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Falco needs to be really careful not to get juggled and mixup recovery, do that + dash attack and you should do decent vs marths

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
except to score kills on you when you ledge drop, lol
Moves that hit below the stage as tippers and covers large distance and just so happens to come out faster than falcos side b is too goodz.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think in a whole 5 games you hit me once with it, and didn't kill me with it anyway, feel free to upload it though and prove me wrong. ;D

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Marth has a dash attack?

Edit: You're all wrong btw this match-up is 5/5.

:059:

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
I think in a whole 5 games you hit me once with it, and didn't kill me with it anyway, feel free to upload it though and prove me wrong. ;D
Every time you post in a thread, it's useless off-topic trolling. Where are the mods?

Dash is useful because you can time it with falco's short hops such that you reach him just before he releases a laser. Tippered, it's a decent kill move and often sends falco off the edge.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Every time you post in a thread, it's useless off-topic trolling. Where are the mods?

Dash is useful because you can time it with falco's short hops such that you reach him just before he releases a laser. Tippered, it's a decent kill move and often sends falco off the edge.
Everytime you post in a thread, you make yourself look stupid because you don't even realise I know these people. please take a back seat and stfu. I'm not hurting you. Also, off topic, how? PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TALKING ABOUT A MARTH VS FALCO MATCH I HAD IN TOURNAMENT (WITH SHAYA) IS OFF TOPIC. Fool. Oh, and how is you saying my posts are useless off topic trolling, which they clearly AREN'T, any better? >_>

Just because something works doesnt mean I didnt only discover it like yesterday and have yet to properly destroy you with it ;)
<3 That's fair. I look forward to seeing you DASH at me too much and get punished because Marth's dash sucks. ^_^

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
Everytime you post in a thread, you make yourself look stupid because you don't even realise I know these people. please take a back seat and stfu. I'm not hurting you. Also, off topic, how? PLEASE EXPLAIN HOW TALKING ABOUT A MARTH VS FALCO MATCH I HAD IN TOURNAMENT (WITH SHAYA) IS OFF TOPIC. Fool. Oh, and how is you saying my posts are useless off topic trolling, which they clearly AREN'T, any better? >_>

<3 That's fair. I look forward to seeing you DASH at me too much and get punished because Marth's dash sucks. ^_^
off-topic

Marth's dash is useful and I gave a reason why. "Marth's dash attack sucks" isn't adding anything to the conversation.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i just wanted to start some discussion/arguing. if im honest i could care less what everybody thinks the marth, or any matchup for that matter, is. i do think though its even if not falcos favor. see ya.

swordsaint

Smash Master
off-topic

Marth's dash is useful and I gave a reason why. "Marth's dash attack sucks" isn't adding anything to the conversation.
you are stupid. Marth's dash sucks because he can't shield as quickly out of a dash as most other characters. Meaning, as long as we're not lasering dumb, he won't dash at us, because he'll get dash attack from us, or even grabbed. Hell, if we even feel like lasering we can, just SHL, not SHDL, so we can gtfo of there if we see a dash, with a jump.

seriously, just stfu up already, you dunno what you're talking about.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I gave up on Gheb's thought process and Marth boarders in 2008.

I'm just going to continue hovering over this.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm serious -.-

Edit: lol @ Teran. I thought you think I'm so cuuuuuuuuuuute :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I gave up on Gheb's thought process and Marth boarders in 2008.
Nyeeehhhhh, if you hadnt noticed, this means WAR!

Jokes aside,
Marths dash is pretty ... hmm... conditional against Falco... but you can dash attack without starting much of a dash anyway (1 frame start up of dash + c stick down = dash attack). Marth goes a bit lower in the animation, potentially avoiding a laser...
Id say its usages is only best as a mix up on an expected jump from a grounded Falco OR POTENTIALLY ((MAYBE MAYBE MAYBE) at the ledge if you see him drop to try and side b on.

Gheb thinks Marth loses to everyone :(.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Edit: lol @ Teran. I thought you think I'm so cuuuuuuuuuuute :(

Awww don't worry, I'd still take you out.

But I think this match is 50/50, all it takes is some ultra safe play on Falco's part.

But hey, isn't that what we're taking into account when we write up these matchup evaluations?

p8nted

Smash Apprentice

But I think this match is 50/50, all it takes is some ultra safe play on Falco's part.

But hey, isn't that what we're taking into account when we write up these matchup evaluations?

I can't decide if I agree with this or not. In theory, falco should play super defensive right? Yet, I really don't see too many falco's playing that way. Marth usually breaks the camp too fast to sustain it. This is getting at why I wanted to bump this thread again. Marths always say "falco's laser isn't a threat" but falcos still hold to their guns.. err.. lasers.

Falco juggles Marth well, has edge guarding options, plays well right in Marths' face (epic spot dodge, ftil, uptilt, grab, etc.)

Is this perhaps the first match-up in history where it's actually a BETTER idea to play aggressively?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrAY-qxDt7o

Watch how DEHF gimps and fsmashes his way to victory in this match against Mike Haze. Marth rarely gives him a chance to spam lasers and falco doesn't need to.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
You have to play careful against Marth, that doesn't mean that doesn't mean that you sit back and laser camp. In the match up falco should be using dash attack and f tilt a lot since they have a good amount of range and are quick.

That match vs. mike shouldn't be used as an example. Mike was playing really bad and I was playing really good XD

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
You have to play careful against Marth, that doesn't mean that doesn't mean that you sit back and laser camp. In the match up falco should be using dash attack and f tilt a lot since they have a good amount of range and are quick.

That match vs. mike shouldn't be used as an example. Mike was playing really bad and I was playing really good XD
Mike is too cocky, nobody should be allowed to john for him. :p

Here's a match from Bio 3 with SK92 (which I got to see in person :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0F7QC-1iS4&feature=related

Beginning of the match, falco is all about the camp. Gets *****. Late game starts dodging, and reacting. *****. Though some of it is just Delfino bull****, the more I watch this match-up the more I think the theorycrafters have it wrong. At around 35 seconds is my favorite part. Marth keeps dashing to get a grab or dancing blade but falco's roll dodge beats it every time.

Like you said he plays careful, not campy.

I'm really starting to think Falco's dodge > marth. I mean just look at the frame data. Marths' fastest move up close (other than ds) is like 7 frames and has tons of ending lag. Spot dodge -> punish

erick gm14

Smash Ace
hate this MU >_< but i gotten better at it.. (no 0-deaths xD) seems like jab *****, but not the combo.. u get UPBd and get your face *****..
its pretty even i believe, just dont get predictable.. and use everything at your disposal, xcpet the bad moves..

JUST saw the youtube vid. Sk92 played so well that game! dair>dair>fsmash! he got the marth MU down also..

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
He's right, dair to dair to dair to fmsahs means you know the match :3

Denzi

Smash Master
seems like jab *****, but not the combo.. u get UPBd and get your face *****..

I find that it's a good idea to do the combo and then shield right away. It gets you free hits while he's in freefall and makes future jab mixups less likely to get upB'd.

Top Bottom