• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox Force Thread! Overhauled the first post.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Hey, I noticed that while playing with Fox, whenever he uses his b moves right before the edge, his momentum carries him over. It's perfect for shining people in that exact position and a possible set up for a fire fox trap. It's also useful for Falco if you time it right because you can side-b off the edge but make it a b-reversal so you come back to the stage while meteor smashing your enemies. There's not much hitbox space but, so it might be easier just to do a regular d-air. It might be useful for mind games though. What do you guys think?

§witch

Smash Lord
Yeah, you can. Yeah, noticed that with Fox's shin, but doing a B-reversal with the phantasm, would be extremely risky, therefore, I'll go try it out.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
yeah that does work I've tried it and what i also found out is if u come up from a ledge u can shine almost immediately to give that edgeguarder some space from you but it takes quick reflexes....kinda hard to do

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah it's called ledgeshining, here's a video about it:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PhtbYKzL1GI

Or what I sometimes do is.,while hanging onto the ledge, drop, immediately do a double jump, and then immediately shine. The ledgeshine is a perfect setup for combos if you set it up right though, because you don't have to waste time waiting for the landing animation to finish and can immediately charge in with a dash attack or dair.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Oh! I just checked some of the comments, apparently it works for all characters, I guess you can get a lot of distance between each other with Falco's reflector, and then follow it up with an up-smash cancelled dash attack. Seems handy for Ike too AetherLord, with his counter and everything. Not as useful as with Marth though.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i'd figure...with ike you can pop up with a counter to get some space for edgeguarders...i do that sometimes ill have to get into ledgeshining though...i also found this video but ill post it later today that seems very suspicious to what has happened before...

Lightning93

Smash Champion
LOL THEY BROUGHT BACK THE WAVEDASH! Nice video find, but it seems kind of hard to control. From the slowmos it looks like he is doing a f-tilt and then immediately spot-dodging. It LOOKS useful, but I dunno how much it really is. And like them, I dunno how the mechanics work out like that. Once again, GREAT video find, I wanna try this out myself!

~Switch

Smash Rookie
I bet falco and fox can do that as well, BTW this is LB, I made a new account, my old name was queer.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i found it for a while...confuzzles me...when you can, please tell me how i can do this because this could possibly be alot of help but i dont think its quite like wavedashing...

~Switch

Smash Rookie
It's not, it's basically just a little duck and cover maneuver after his ftilt.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Yeah, it's kind of like wavedashing because it still has the same affect as a mindgame and can help dodge attacks after attacking, but it's not like you can do it anytime you want. I have already tried to do this, but I can't even get it with Mario! Ah! How did he do this?

Lightning93

Smash Champion
... Well, anyways, whenever you can get that to work with at least Mario tell me AetherLord. By looking at the video from when he plays his friend it seems he does a bit of dash dancing before doing the wave slide. But when you look at it up close he doesn't do much of it, plus he not only spot dodges to create the slide, but also ducks... hmm... this also confuzzles me...

Also, you might wanna change your sig from "my friend's brawl code" to "my brawl friend's code" unless that really is your friend's fc. Just a suggestion :p.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
No i do not...just add my friends code and ill put u in my empty roster lol ill be on tommorrow...well actually l8r today since sunday's started lol

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Ok ill keep in mind... i should be able to get on in a couple of hours...i dont know cuz my friends cutting his lawn lol

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
This forum needs to be more active.

And can anyone here play on wifi? I'd like to face some good fox users since there are'nt many.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
ORANGE. MY FAVORITE COLOR. Well technically it's "red" but it definitely looks orange.

Anyways, letter (or whatever your name is now) aren't you going to sign up for this tourney? Some of us might want to participate and we should determine who is the best Fox player here.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
ORANGE. MY FAVORITE COLOR. Well technically it's "red" but it definitely looks orange.

Anyways, letter (or whatever your name is now) aren't you going to sign up for this tourney? Some of us might want to participate and we should determine who is the best Fox player here.
Lol, Usually i go with dark costumes but red is the best for fox.

And i can brawl anytime.

~Switch

Smash Rookie
Meh, I'm green fox. Black fox fails so bad. As for the tourney, I won't sign us up until we have enough people. So if you want in, play me. My fox isn't the best but I'm pretty good.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Dark Fox is awesome to me...I like his white costume too, though and for the tourney idk...i havent actually fought someone online and told me i was good so i have no answer right now....maybe if my stupid friend could let me play online instead of making up excuses...

Top Bottom