• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox Force Thread! Overhauled the first post.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
My friend that i play brawl with...i told you its his code because i dont own a wii :( so...yeah...

He kinda sucks and says he "never tries" yet he wonders why I keep beating him...lol

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
My friend that i play brawl with...i told you its his code because i dont own a wii :( so...yeah...

He kinda sucks and says he "never tries"
Oh, His Marth was pretty good.

7-0 along with about 3 matches where i 3 stocked. If only could play like that all the time.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Huh yeah bout his only good character...actually he STOLE marth since melee....I played with marth till he showed up and claimed him im like fine be that way ill use Ike and I've kicked his butt ever since :laugh:

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Sorry everybody... I said i was gonna be on early but a nasty storm blew by here and knocked the power out for like half an hour...Nothing on the tourney yet Lightning?

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
God that lags kills me... If i press a button its like half a second late always screws me up...

Lol some funny incidents like when we were all clustered at the edge and you broke it with the fire and how I came back from under the stage and how my friend died with the landmaster XD

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
God that lags kills me... If i press a button its like half a second late always screws me up...

Lol some funny incidents like when we were all clustered at the edge and you broke it with the fire and how I came back from under the stage and how my friend died with the landmaster XD
Lol, I almost died with Falco's Land master, Could'nt control it.

Really? I did'nt notice ANY lag.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Sorry guys, I was at my friend's house last night playing brawl with some more friends and pulling an all-nighter. So, anyways, I didn't bring a controller to the tourney so the guy there was like, "sure you can use one of ours," so I chose a black one. He asked me if that was my final decision and I was like yeah... turned out the c-stick was broken. My first match I played against a Snake, the rules were 3 stock, 6 minutes, no items, best 2 out of 3, random select the first time and then loser chooses. The game randomly picked Delfino. I lost, BAD. I had a REALLY hard time getting past Snake's grenades and mines and whenever I got close to him he either grabbed me or used his f-tilt. By this time only my friends were watching me fight, everyone else thought I was done for. I was getting pretty nervous, so I decided to pick Final D, since I play one on one there all the time. That's when I started comboing. Flat ground was exactly what I needed. The guy I was playing was like, "nice, wow." I won. Last round he picked Lylat Cruise, and I HAD to win that one. So, I kept up with my comboing and like CaptainBrawl said I dealt him some nasty up-smashes. Everyone else was like, "NO C-STICK FOX IS WINNING?" When I finally won they were like "Snake? SNAKE?? SNAAAAAAAAKE!!!" That's all about what happened for me because it was single elimination and the next round I had to fight a previous champion from the last tournament who played as R.O.B. He called himself WALL-E, and he would would spam his spot-dodge and use his d-smash whenever I got close to combo. I must admit though he was a really good R.O.B, he knew how to fend me off in the air, when to shoot lasers at me, and most of all, an ANNOYING edgeguarder. I couldn't get past his f-air combo. Lol, I was close though, he never beat me too bad.

soul ark

Smash Ace
hey im back srry lightning my wii broke i'll get it fixed soon though

about robs wat do they do i used to hate them too but then i got two good try short hoping and d-air

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Yeah try SHing I do it often and it's alot easier to do than in the previous 2...It helps with combos and getting a quick hit

Lightning's nemisis is ROB

Mine - Mr. Game and Watch :ohwell:

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Actually no, the only thing I hate more than spot-dodgin ROBs is Shiek. Shiek is my true weakness. And my is especially godly at her...

Anyways, that's okay Soul Ark, read my previous post about my tournament and you'll see why I was so upset. And yes, I did try SHing.

soul ark

Smash Ace
hmm do you think a distance game would work keeping him away with lasers and the waiting for him to approach and deflecting his lasers and the gyro

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Maybe, but not often, ROB can spot dodge like crazy, and while your spamming him he can return fire with a humongous laser or gyro that you dont have the time to reflect due to the animation of putting your gun away. Usually ROB can outcamp Fox, and I'm pretty sure a good ROB player would not charge in to attack. Hmm... well... check the Fox Matchups link on the front page of the forum and see what they say. I think I will do that right now.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Lol Fox's spot dodge is nowhere near as good in comparison. And besides camping is not Fox's strongest point. I tried that too, but unfortunately he spot-dodged it. Well, maybe I was just too nervous at the tournament, and was feeling too sick from the night before. Stupid WALL-E.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...Camping + Shooting = FAIL

A good way to counter a close-up spot dodge is to Dsmash...That always works for me... If he's far then I don't know

Top Bottom