• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Fox AT! Flamedash!

sdwavedash

Smash Rookie
First direct your FireFox torwards a slanted slope. When you hit the slop instead of bouncing up then falling down, you'll instead appear as if you wavedashed up the slope. I dont have a video camera to show you, but try it out. I'll try to explain it better than the Raptorslide:

Lets take Yoshi's Island (melee) for an example. Using either the left or right slope will work, but I'll just use the right. First you stand right behind the grass line which separates it from the hill. Jump, then aim FireFox right and you'll hit the hill, then get a wavedash like slide up the hill. The best part is that the Flamedash CAN BE CANCELLED BY ANY MOVE. The distance is about the same as Fox's wavedash from Melee. The only thing is that the hill must be steep in order for it to work, which means that it will only work on some stages.

PROS:
-Good for approaching up a hill
-Can be cancelled during the dashing animation by any attack, shield, roll or spot dodge
-Very fast

CONS:
-Most likely your opponent will find it obvious when you charge up a FireFox by a slope.
-Takes a while to execute, but impressive results are achieved if you can pull it off.
-Does not work on floating platforms.

Denfino Plaza
-During the sand area of the stage.
-During the part of the stage with the shine logo on the floor and a dolphin statue in the background.
Distant Planet
-On the hill part of the stage on the left.
New Pork City
-On the bottom right platform, right of the seesaw thingy.
Green Hill Zone
-On the top left or top right.
Temple
-The center part of the stage where the hill is at.
-The bottom right part of the stage that leads to the "fight club" platform.
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
-Already explained this stage during the description.
Corneria
-The wing at the top of the Great Fox that's shaped like an inclined slope.

Do you actually think this is a useful technique to Fox's metagame for stages with slanted slopes? My personal thoughts is that its predictable if done too much, but at the very least useful due to the fact that you can space yourself, yet cancel the dash at any point with any move (mindgames).

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
hmmm well to me it seems like one of those move you try to pull once every once and a while for fun i actually didnt know didnt know it could be cancelled like this idk i'll try it somtime soon and give feedback most likely won't be used for it's obviosness tho

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Needs more up smash.

Not really too fond of using firefox. The start up is dismal. I only uses it if I fux up my recovery and have no other options.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Oh NOOOEEEEEE Not A FLAME DASH!!!!

* Walks downstairs, Makes a Ready Meal, Watches Titanic, Watches Forrest Gump, Watches Shawshank Redemption, Watches Kung Fu Hustle, Gets some popcorn, Goes outside plays a football game, Comes back, Spot dodges, Up Smashes, GAME! And Peach Wins!!!*

In other words this is useless bro .. sorry.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Oh NOOOEEEEEE Not A FLAME DASH!!!!

* Walks downstairs, Makes a Ready Meal, Watches Titanic, Watches Forrest Gump, Watches Shawshank Redemption, Watches Kung Fu Hustle, Gets some popcorn, Goes outside plays a football game, Comes back, Spot dodges, Up Smashes, GAME! And Peach Wins!!!*

In other words this is useless bro .. sorry.
*Insta-Floats into an upsmash!*

GAME!

The winner is.....Fox.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Captain Falcon's mock waveland using raptor boost on a slope looks sexier. Plus it doesn't have much start up lag and allows for a sliding down taunt.

Sliding Show Me Ya Moves > Flamedash, but nice find anyway. :laugh:

tonyrulz92

Smash Apprentice
Well its been discovered. I don't remember what its called. But basically doing any attack into a steep surface will cancel the attack and make you slide up or down the hill, which ever one your doing. For example, try a Raptor Boost from Cap. Fal into the hill. See what happens.

EDIT: Looks like Teran17 already said that.

Zephil

Smash Ace
Are you kidding ppl this is completely useful!! I tried it in battle like 15 times and it works me once!! good try dude but I agree with all the ppl here... this move only have one thing useful... now we have our own steak in the fox boards XD

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
I think this technique may be useful, just lacks the stages it can be used on during competitive play. Deflino Plaza seems to be the only one.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
I think this technique may be useful, just lacks the stages it can be used on during competitive play. Deflino Plaza seems to be the only one.
Guys, all this means is that we have to get the Flamedash to work on flat surfaces. Fox will obviously rise to top tier if that happens.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
The name of this technique is awesome. I will use it whenever I **** around with fox in friendlies.
every chance I get :D.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
What can I say, your a genius.
I saw that vid about the FlameDash (always use red when refering to the FlameDash) I recomend that everyone see's it.

I've checked it out and it appears that Falco can use the FlameDash but Wolf can't. It must be the lack of flame. Wolf can only do the LameDash which has no slide, thus no follow up attack. (not to mention that LameDash has no special colour)

It also appears that the FlameDash can be used on any slanted platform, only some work better then others. (could someone confirm this?)

Top Bottom