• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Find? A win for falcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is known yet, but Falcon owns peach.

His main air attack is easily hit on peach, as she stalls in one straight line, or barely drops at all. B up makes her float downwards uber slow, and she can float without dropping for like 3 seconds..

Anyone know this?

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
True shes got more priority then us and most are smart players, I think it would be even but thats just me. We need another match thread thing.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
Oh by the way, I just started a falcon punch in mid air, 1 jump, turned it around, 3x ko on Peach. Shes on level 5. Kos were in low 100s though. Either peach is a narb with cpu or im good. And I think peach is a narb (in air)

EDIT: Just to prove how easily sweetspotted that was, I stood in a position facing right, with a peach floating at me after a b up, did a small jump and knee'd in the head.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
I know. Want me to go on wifi with no wifi connection and test there? Or play against george, my imaginary friend?

I got nothing else =.=

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
ffs. Everyone has to be so stubborn. its called TESTING.

Plus, I dont play 24/7 like you nerds. Nice people arent nerds. >.>

I tried to be nice -.-

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
You shouldn't insult people when you are asking for their help.
I didnt ask for anyones **** help.

I gave a reason why Falcon has 1 strength and say I tested on level 5, and I get flamed.

I dont play 12 hours a day, or 24 p/day 7 days p/week, I play 3 hrs every 2 days, maybe 3.
I dont use the same person over and over again, although testing falcon because hes useless.
I dont get the chance to practice against real people.
I dont have a 'main' character, or any idea of who to use as a 'main'.
I dont want to go to level 9s because frankly, im not ready for it, cause I dont play all day everyday.

Original discussion was if anyone already knew this, and if anyone has tried it in WiFi, not rip on the poster cause he doesnt play all day like us nerds. :mad:

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
peach doesnt own falcon.her arials,priority kill falcon.her upB can be ff'ed,usaually people dont do her upB unless she is trying to recover.the umbrella is preety great,it doesnt let you gimp her or spike her.also cpu's can mess up your game,if you play them too much.you should get a wireless router,very useful

this is not a flame;just advice

EDIT:oh yeah nerds are cool,
-just look at bill gates.if that nerd wasnt here i'd be so bored out of my mind.
-sakurai-this nerd created one of the best fighting games,but i despise him for nerfing falcon:mad:
-the nerds are also going to save your great,great,great grandchildren from global warming
-many many more to name,if there were no nerds in the world.we would all be doomed

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
Peach is extremely floaty in the air, easy set up for a knee, or a backhand lol.

Woo a nice person? *Freaking*

<.<

Charoo

Smash Champion
a story: edrees 3 stocked every single falcon he ever plays besides me.

I don't think falcon beats peach AT ALL

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
The nerds part wasnt rly meant. Im just annoyed that people rip on other people for not being so great at a game. Either you're a total nerd or the other persons really crap, and im not crap >.< Im just not that good.

But if this game is sposed to be technical, then everyone should have atleast 1 strength, and I dont read about falcon having any lol, this might be the one? :)?

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Like the others said, Lv. 5 CPUs don't help whatsoever to Capt. Falcon's metagame. And Peach utterly ***** Capt. Falcon with a strap-on and everything. Besides, a good Peach player will know what position they're in to take action while on her umbrella.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I knew Marth and Ike was gay. Thats why they took Roy out. He was cool in his own way. Ray I understand were your coming from they attack you on little things don't worry the power of falcon will save you.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Peach has crazy combos and a very tough to get around FAir. I don't think she's as hard as some of these other guys are saying, but floating + FAir is really hard to approach against. Even level 9 CPUs don't play like humans and are very exploitable. Try using Olimar with just smashes and pikmin throw and you'll see how dumb they really are.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Not sure if this is known yet, but Falcon owns peach.

His main air attack is easily hit on peach, as she stalls in one straight line, or barely drops at all. B up makes her float downwards uber slow, and she can float without dropping for like 3 seconds..

Anyone know this?
The problem is this,

human players don't play like CPU players.

Also, what is 'his main air attack'?

Real Peach players would probably be trying to bait you to come at them, then outprioritize you with some move.

It's nice that you can come up with your own conclusions, but as for the competitive smash community, where people compete and win money, this is irrelevant. That's why you're getting such bad feedback.

Like when some scrubby person came up with some 'inescapable combos' in a 'real Falcon Combo vid', with everything done on computers. They didn't airdodge, DI, or react accordingly to the situation, and he got flamed for it, because they weren't inescapable. Because it didn't have any useful information to people who compete to win, who have money to gain and money to lose from this.

on a more related topic:

Hey, so I was screwing around on wifi the other day, and I did this really funny sliding spotdodge that went really far.

It's been mentioned before during the jab discussion, but if you run backwards, turn around, and release the control stick at the right time, you can do a sliding jab towards your opponent.

But if you release it correctly, you will get a slide that takes you as far as your original starting point (like, where you started when you tapped to run backwards).

Also, if you release it at the correct time, you can get an amazing slide while standing

pretty interesting lol.

AFAIK, Falcon in all his slipperiness does this the best.

ApplesOfDoom

Smash Journeyman
The problem is this,

human players don't play like CPU players.

Also, what is 'his main air attack'?

Real Peach players would probably be trying to bait you to come at them, then outprioritize you with some move.

It's nice that you can come up with your own conclusions, but as for the competitive smash community, where people compete and win money, this is irrelevant. That's why you're getting such bad feedback.

Like when some scrubby person came up with some 'inescapable combos' in a 'real Falcon Combo vid', with everything done on computers. They didn't airdodge, DI, or react accordingly to the situation, and he got flamed for it, because they weren't inescapable. Because it didn't have any useful information to people who compete to win, who have money to gain and money to lose from this.
Yes, exactly.

I also think it's very stupid to relate a Peach player to a level 5 cpu peach.
First humans don't play like CPUs. They actually have things called mindgames.
Sure, a CPU might analyze, but they won't act the same way as humans. Well, most of the time anyways. CPUs are stupid, too. As this guy said about the combos. They fall for Secondly... why a level 5 peach? Wouldn't level 9 be more realistic if you want to provide slightly better information?

And oh, after all this even if you don't believe that your info isn't accurate, go search something like, "Stupid, level 9 cpu, Brawl", on youtube or something like that. It truly shows how unreliable they are, especially for this kind of info.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Awe man, I tried looking up that video, but he took it down...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193138

There's the thread for it. It was pretty funny while it was up though.

it started off like a normal "brawl combo" video (nice kills), except we noticed that it was all done on computers, and the one match with players was like.. a free for all with items or something.

It was fine/normal up until...
HOW TO PERFORM THE COMBOS!
[video of Falcon doing grounded side-B > Knee]
(screen flashes) INESCAPABLE!

for multiple... escapable moves.

and also, this thread was more recent:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196307

the TC didn't know about DI.

but it was airdodgeable at multiple points anyway.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Shes on level 5.
No, no, no. You have to crank it up to 11.

Actually, scratch that. Level fives are too hard to practice against. I usually get all of my analysis of brawl from matches vs. 2's and 3's. Lvl 1's are for n00bs.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
I get what ya mean Tenki, but its just the way she jumps that made me think his KNEE could connect alot easier than on anyone else.

Ahwell.

RayOxide

Smash Cadet
I never said I was coming to teach you anything, I just came up with a god **** theory. Did I ever say "ZOMG THIS IS HOW U DO THIS K? NOW U JUMP RLY LOW AND HOLD ZE DIRECTON U WER FACIN AND CLICK A WHEN DA TIME IZ RITE K?"

No.

Cocky, stubborn, swines dont even know how to try something themselves before they take something the wrong **** way and flame someone using his head instead of spamming attacks like everyone does in tourneys.

And btw I never ever said I couldnt beat a level 9. Said I havent tried you ignorant fool

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I never said I was coming to teach you anything, I just came up with a god **** theory. Did I ever say "ZOMG THIS IS HOW U DO THIS K? NOW U JUMP RLY LOW AND HOLD ZE DIRECTON U WER FACIN AND CLICK A WHEN DA TIME IZ RITE K?"

No.

Cocky, stubborn, swines dont even know how to try something themselves before they take something the wrong **** way and flame someone using his head instead of spamming attacks like everyone does in tourneys.

And btw I never ever said I couldnt beat a level 9. Said I havent tried you ignorant fool
first of all, I agree that some of the things said to you in this topic weren't necessary, but you shouldn't start flaming back, as it has no use, it only gives you more flaming
and calling me a cocky stubborn swine is not what I really like to hear (you were talking to everyone it seemed, so that includes me) so that wasn't the best way out of this
neither was the nerds comment as you have posted the most in this topic
I'm not saying you are a nerd, as I don't know you, but you also dont know us.
and lionman isn't an ignorant fool..
I know beeing flamed sucks, but you'll learn from it
It's what makes the title you have under your username true..

Smash Apprentice
I think RayOxide is a pretty cool guy. He calls people nerds and doesn't afraid of anything.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
Same thing.

Anyways, no AT that is widely known ever got popular by playing CPUs. Even level 9 CPUs. It was all from lots of study and tournament play.

CPUs, especially level 5's, are the worst thing to use to practice or come up with a new AT. thats why the general response to your 'find' has been negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom