• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW EXTREMELY USEFUL Technique for DK (VID)

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hmm I used Bsticking in a match now and it sucks. I'm really used to using the cstick really often. Especially for the suddenly dsmash or aerials in the other direction. I felt totally helpless and could only side B all the time lol. It sucked.

You can probably get used to it though, but it's really hard for me to even footstool someone (it seems like they are totally small and thin if I want to footstool them...). It is really hard with DK. I always had problems on a standing MK. It's nearly impossible lol.

Yeah that means I won't use it anymore. It was worth a try I guess though...

gr8ape

Smash Apprentice
actually, there is an argument. the fact that you're dismissing the argument proves you're wrong.

And, like you, im going to stress my main point, and in doing so, respectfully disagree. The PRACTICALITY of your combo IS NONEXISTANT. Are you seriously expecting to pull off, as you say, "Dtilt trip to FS to Forward B," when in close-combat? Doubtful.

Once I get a wired LAN adapter, we should set up a match. I'll be looking for that combo.
lol you never played melee did you?

Jingo_Joe

Smash Apprentice
actually, there is an argument. the fact that you're dismissing the argument proves you're wrong.

And, like you, im going to stress my main point, and in doing so, respectfully disagree. The PRACTICALITY of your combo IS NONEXISTANT. Are you seriously expecting to pull off, as you say, "Dtilt trip to FS to Forward B," when in close-combat? Doubtful.

Once I get a wired LAN adapter, we should set up a match. I'll be looking for that combo.
Yeah, I never really wanted to post this because I personally think the match was horrible, but I may as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri72JJPap9E&feature=channel_page

I clearly pull off the above combo at 0:34, despite the lag online. I've pulled off this combo several times. The timing is difficult, there's no arguing that, but difficult =/= impossible. Whenever my opponent is below 40% or so, I always look for an opportunity to pull it out. You can't kill someone at that percentage, but you will get some free damage, and that's always nice.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
good. im not the one who brought tiers into the argument; God is my rock, did. Unfortunately, everyone here is infatuated with comparing the success of their combos against MK. My final argument is this: MK, Snake, and to great degree Ike, are the most broken characters in Brawl, and should be banned immediately, and that, apart from those three characters, tiers do not exist. Maybe you like the idea of being an underdog too much to dismiss tiers. As for myself, DK is just another character, and it is my experience that knowledge of techniques/combos and the ability to execute such is the ultimate determining factor in a match.

Back to the real argument. Your statement that this "combo" will work against "laggy attacks" is, frankly, bull****. Laggy attacks should be countered by combos, such as the one I mentioned in my first post (see the "Good combos" section for a more complete list) or smash attacks, considering DKs considerable power. This is even truer once you take into account MK's weight. DK can ko MK at very low percentages, and using comboing/smash-attacking as a counter to "laggy moves" is the MOST EFFECTIVE means to winning a match.
Lmfao. I wish I had room in my sig for this.

:093:

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
good. im not the one who brought tiers into the argument; God is my rock, did. Unfortunately, everyone here is infatuated with comparing the success of their combos against MK. My final argument is this: MK, Snake, and to great degree Ike, are the most broken characters in Brawl, and should be banned immediately, and that, apart from those three characters, tiers do not exist. Maybe you like the idea of being an underdog too much to dismiss tiers. As for myself, DK is just another character, and it is my experience that knowledge of techniques/combos and the ability to execute such is the ultimate determining factor in a match.

Back to the real argument. Your statement that this "combo" will work against "laggy attacks" is, frankly, bull****. Laggy attacks should be countered by combos, such as the one I mentioned in my first post (see the "Good combos" section for a more complete list) or smash attacks, considering DKs considerable power. This is even truer once you take into account MK's weight. DK can ko MK at very low percentages, and using comboing/smash-attacking as a counter to "laggy moves" is the MOST EFFECTIVE means to winning a match.
This is a good joke, lol. How is Ike broken, he has a horrible recovery, and most of his moves are laggy. Any type of gimp and Ike just lost a stock. I don't think Snake and MK should be banned immediately, they both have their flaws and draws. I also hope he knows there are no combos in Brawl, lol.

Sliq

Smash Master
This is extremely cool and useful, and if you don't think so, you are bad.

If you think this is too hard to do in an actual match, you are bad. This is nothing compared to the tech skill required in Melee. I can't believe you guys think this is hard. You guys are spoiled by Brawl.

Also, just ignore Dk1337. He's either a scrub or a troll, and either way you're better off ignoring both anyways.

****, to do this, you don't even need to set it up. Anytime your opponent gets defensive, run at them and attempt to do this. You'll either footstool and over b their shield, which will ruin their shield, you'll land it, they will spot dodge, making you miss the footstool but land the over b, leading into a f smash or wind punch anyways.

Plus you can tech chase with this, read air dodges into this, and probably even do this out of shield on an opponent if they are close enough (I imagine it would be super easy to land on a Wolf that just f smashed your shield, and I fail to see how a free f smash is a bad thing). Plus, punishing the shuttle loop with this is complete ****. Hell, if you can inadvertently footstool Falco out of his CG you get to wail on him.

Hell, you might be able to sh bair to fs to over b as a means to add some variety to your approach. It won't work if you land the bair, but if they shield this will wreck shields, not to mention if they try to punish the first bair out of shield they'll eat an f smash.

People said Bowser's infinite jump was useless. Boy, they really hit the nail on the head...

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
yeah sliq, most of us know, it is hard to do in a match though, aerial, running and standing all have different momentums and input speeds, i've pulled it off twice, but i've screwed it up 3-4 times trying, gotta get it down a little better i guess.

btw, does this mean you're leaning towards dk?

Sliq

Smash Master
yeah sliq, most of us know, it is hard to do in a match though, aerial, running and standing all have different momentums and input speeds, i've pulled it off twice, but i've screwed it up 3-4 times trying, gotta get it down a little better i guess.

btw, does this mean you're leaning towards dk?
No, trust me, it isn't hard to do. I've pulled off footstool wizard foot with Ganon, which is FAR less versatile.

Edit: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF double post...

Also, what are DK's best options for beating the whorenado?

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
From the matchup thread:

Metaknight 5-5
The tornado hurts a lot, however, if he approaches with it, you have 4-5 options to take it out (punch, ftilt, fsmash, dtilt, sometimes downb). if he uses it up close, you can SDI up and escape. if you do get caught in it, hold up and mash b, you're upb will break out, try to find somewhere safe to land.
SDI is important, if you can sdi the fair, you can punissh with a punch or a fast falled upb,also ftilt if you're near the ground.
Also check out the video thread and watch the Bum vs Inui matches, I guess.

Sliq

Smash Master
Is it possible to up b out of shield and interrupt the whorenado? I know Bowser can do it because he has invulnerability frames right up until it starts, and DK has heavy armor, I just don't know the frame data for it. If this worked it would be ****.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Apparently when the opponent is too far that won't work.

And when he's close a Side B could maybe work as well...

But this is definitly interesting and most of all... FLASHY :D

Master Raven

Smash Master
I usually punish the whorenado via grabbing after shielding it and the Afrikan Punch, sometimes Ftilt and Fsmash work (though it seems to be pretty random... has anyone confirmed if only fresh Ftilts and Fsmashes break the tornado?).

Nokonoko

Smash Apprentice
It’s a matter of reaching MK’s small hurtbox in the middle of the tornado, no use just poking the edge. Spacing, spacing, spacing.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing with this techique, and found that it's much easier to perform if you remap the controler. The best scheme to use is assign one of the triggers to jump (I used the L trigger), and then perform the rest of the tech. I can pretty consistantly perform the GFSC using this controler configuration. Has anyone else been playing with remapping their gamecube controler to make this tech easier to perform?

Kadardes

Smash Apprentice
My final argument is this: MK, Snake, and to great degree Ike, are the most broken characters in Brawl, and should be banned immediately, and that, apart from those three characters, tiers do not exist.
Just had to point out that this is going in my sig for hilarity and idiocy. :laugh:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Hey guys, I'd jsut like to point out some new things I've discovered over the past coulpe of months.

For one, most people will break out of this before you can land a donkey punch, 9'd Donkey punch, or F-smash.

But, if you do a Full hopped D-air right after the side B you'll spike them right when they break out. During this time(Like 5-10 frames) they can't move or DI. almost everyone struggles and breaks out about the same time.

With this you can predict their roll and hit 'em with a F-smash or 9 punch.

I pulled this off on a kirby player a couple months ago but didn't want to embarras him s I didn't record the match.

You might also be able to F-air spike to another Forward B to 9 punch or F-smash :)

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
I've noticed as the people I play with regularly become more familiar with DK they start breaking out rediculously early. I seriously can't get an Fsmash from my headbutt till like 70% anymore.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I've noticed as the people I play with regularly become more familiar with DK they start breaking out rediculously early. I seriously can't get an Fsmash from my headbutt till like 70% anymore.
Lol, yeah, but you can get a d-air to F-smash in :)

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
But they would get spiked and probably gimped, I didn't think it would work either but just asking.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
this is great man and i dont even think u use DK and u still discover this stuff, you r amazing

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
This is hard and it'll take several days to master but its amazing and flashy as hell.

Top Bottom