• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
If they reveal a veteran alongside the newcomer, wjo would it be? I think Wario with Chorus kids, Meta Knight with Chrom, and maybe Ness with Shulk.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
A character on Monday? Very unexpected.

I'd love to have everyone proved wrong on the prediction side.... just for the surprise.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Next Level Games did the same for Little Mac's Direct, but everyone was too caught up on the fact that it fell on Valentine's Day and DKC:TF's JP release, so everyone was fear-mongering over a Diddy+Dixie duo :laugh:
Except the rational people who knew that Diddy was obviously coming back by himself!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Maybe it might be like the Greninja trailer where it shows a vetran and a newcomer.

If so I wouldn't mind mind seeing this twisted duo:
Mona and Palutena in Smash Bros?

If that happened I would stop talking about how bad all the other newcomers are.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
And I'm just waiting for Captain Falcon...
To be completely honest I wanted a veteran instead. Yeah yeah, I know it's super downer, but I'm not interested in any of the Gematsu characters, so at this point I just want my mains to get confirmed.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Calling it:

Bandana Dee and a Meta Knight announcement, like how Greninja was shown off with Charizard.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Two words--Paper Mario.:yeahboi:

*EDIT: This is a pointless joke; ignore this.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
If they reveal a veteran alongside the newcomer, wjo would it be? I think Wario with Chorus kids, Meta Knight with Chrom, and maybe Ness with Shulk.
Wario with Chorus Kind would make a lot of sense.

I would like Captain Falcon to be announced with Shulk, or maybe Ganondorf. Just because.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Next Level Games did the same for Little Mac's Direct, but everyone was too caught up on the fact that it fell on Valentine's Day and DKC:TF's JP release, so everyone was fear-mongering over a Diddy+Dixie duo :laugh:
I do remember Next Level Games did hint something about that for Little Mac.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
All my hopes go for Chorus Men. Or Shulk would be awesome too. I would love Paper Mario, but thats an extremely slim chance.

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
Let me fix that:

There we go it looks pretty :troll:

No seriously, I think I'll post these a lot from now. I'm just too addicted to his series (especially TTYD).

With that said, I agree with you :colorful:
There's also that recent Paper Mario tweet that could perhaps be a hint, although this is just wishful thinking

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I could honestly see Shulk and Chrom getting in together in a shared trailer, as both of them have the entire "we can change the future" thing going for them.

"Anything can change!"
"The future doesn't belong to you!"

You get the idea.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
There's also that recent Paper Mario tweet that could perhaps be a hint, although this is just wishful thinking
It is, but you have to admit that the image is... weird.

Seems like sticker star but I don't think it's the same...

But anyway, coincidence time: it will be exactly a week after those posts.

No seriously, that's grasping at straws but doesn't prevent me from joking about it and hope for him anyway :)

O'Condor

Smash Rookie
NNID
VincSnow
I haven't read that stuff about Paper Mario. Can someone explain me this, please? Anyway i don't know if this rumor is going also here, but someone over Monolith Soft. retweeted the news. So can we expect also Shulk, now?
Priiisu, understeend.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Palutena's was 3, Rosalina's was almost 3

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I have to wonder, has any other character had a trailer even close to three minutes in length?
Besides Palutena who was just over 3 minutes, Rosalina was pretty close. Really it depends on who it is and how they do the trailer. If I'm not mistaken most characters have about a minute to a minute and a half of actual gameplay whereas the longer trailers have more cinematic stuff.
I think it's Snake or Shulk.
He said "New Challenger."

Last edited:

O'Condor

Smash Rookie
NNID
VincSnow
I hope in Snake too, but to make an appearence like the G&W one. And Shulk after that Monolith retweet is almost confirmed.
What's that thing about Paper Mario, anyway?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was thinking about this too. It does seem to be coincidental that there's three newcomers left in the Gemastu leak and three starting roster veterans who have been heavily hinted at. Chorusmen/Marshall with Wario makes sense because Wario Ware and Rhythm Heaven games are made by the same department. Metaknight could work with Chrom or Shulk and maybe the Ice Climbers could be paired with Shulk where they're climbing Bionis or something.

Shroob

Sup?
I was thinking about this too. It does seem to be coincidental that there's three newcomers left in the Gemastu leak and three starting roster veterans who have been heavily hinted at. Chorusmen/Marshall with Wario makes sense because Wario Ware and Rhythm Heaven games are made by the same department. Metaknight could work with Chrom or Shulk and maybe the Ice Climbers could be paired with Shulk where they're climbing Bionis or something.
That's pretty clever actually, I never considered that for the Climbers. Meta Knight with Chrom seems likely seeing as how he crosses blades with Marth and Ike in SSE.

kylexv

Smash Master
Have you guys noticed that we've got a lot of new users today? And to that I say: Welcome to Smashboards!

ON TOPIC: I think it's Shulk now. But I want it to be Ridley.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
If any of these happened...brb, my pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom