• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Though Shulk seem to be very possible, I cannot see why he should get so much attention compared to the rest. A big streaming announcement for a new character, with a video that will ast for 3 whole minutes? It has to be an important character. And out of all characters there are, I don't see why Shulk out of all should get this award?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Though Shulk seem to be very possible, I cannot see why he should get so much attention compared to the rest. A big streaming announcement for a new character, with a video that will ast for 3 whole minutes? It has to be an important character. And out of all characters there are, I don't see why Shulk out of all should get this award?
It seems more like a random newcomer reveal honestly, just to get it out, considering we're out of 3rd parties I don't think any character would be able to meet any special standard. The fact that it lasts 3 minutes doesn't really matter as Palutena's trailer also does that.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I expected Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Persons to be secret characters. If this is Shulk, that will be interesting like that and raise questions about how the final roster is really going to look. If it's a non-Genmatsu charcter, well, everything will blow up. Should be fun!
I think this is an interesting point because Sakurai never said that every newcomer would get a trailer but we all thought that this was strongly implied. Villager, WFT, Rosalina, and Little Mac have been confirmed to be starters and I feel it's hinted that Greninja is too. If Gematsu is true, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men/Marshall are left. Combine these with the three veteran starters that have been strongly implied already (:popo::metaknight::wario:), that means that the starting roster would be 38 characters (counting everyone shown so far except third party characters), one less than than Brawl's final roster. This might make sense given how Melee's starting roster was 14, two more than the original's final, and Brawl's was 25, one less than Melee's final. As you said, Monday will definitely be an interesting day.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think this is an interesting point because Sakurai never said that every newcomer would get a trailer but we all thought that this was strongly implied. Villager, WFT, Rosalina, and Little Mac have been confirmed to be starters and I feel it's hinted that Greninja is too. If Gematsu is true, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men/Marshall are left. Combine these with the three veteran starters that have been strongly implied already (:popo::metaknight::wario:), that means that the starting roster would be 38 characters (counting everyone shown so far except third party characters), one less than than Brawl's final roster. This might make sense given how Melee's starting roster was 14, two more than the original's final, and Brawl's was 25, one less than Melee's final. As you said, Monday will definitely be an interesting day.
What's your personal feeling on all of this?

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
@ WwwWario WwwWario exactly. Shulk is a notable character, but I don't think he warrants such a special announcement. It probably is Shulk thougn because of that retweet.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I hope someone tells Sakurai that we're all expecting Shulk because of the Xenoblade guy's tweet, so that he gives us another trailer instead. It's no fun to not be surprised.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I hope someone tells Sakurai that we're all expecting Shulk because of the Xenoblade guy's tweet, so that he gives us another trailer instead. It's no fun to not be surprised.
I would prefer someone who we aren't expecting so we don't get Shulk,Chorus Men,OR Chrono!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What's your personal feeling on all of this?
Well, it would be odd if Sakurai spoiled the entire roster before the games were released, given how much he's mentioned hating spoilers in the past. Brawl had 12 newcomers in the starting roster and, if what I said ends up being true, that means that this game would have also have 12. All of these things seem very coincidental but only time will tell.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh this is the biggest link to why i think its going to be ridley.

I think this newcomer on july 14 is a character that was mean't to be shown at E3

I mean think about why a 4th newcomer and not a veteran reveal for july.

And as for the little newcomers left to reveal. If you add ridley and a another newcomer, thats only 5 more and thats 14 newcomers pretty reasonable number of newcomers.

Oh by the way don't know where i came from but i now have a mega man shadow for my comparisons and pikachu.

atliens99

Smash Rookie
Im going for either Birdo or Bowser Jr. I do think that they might be revealing too many characters a bit early though, leaves little room for more suprises.

Niala

Smash Ace
Oh this is the biggest link to why i think its going to be ridley.

I think this newcomer on july 14 is a character that was mean't to be shown at E3

I mean think about why a 4th newcomer and not a veteran reveal for july.

And as for the little newcomers left to reveal. If you add ridley and a another newcomer, thats only 5 more and thats 14 newcomers pretty reasonable number of newcomers.

Oh by the way don't know where i came from but i now have a mega man shadow for my comparisons and pikachu.
I don't actually suspect there were ever 4 newcomers intended for E3. Last year's E3 revealed the same amount of newcomers in approximately the same pattern as this year's-- two during the direct, one at some point nearby thereafter. Moreover, I suspect it's truly that there's, from the time of this upcoming reveal, only two months from the Japanese release, and they want to make sure they present all the information they had intended in time.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the intention was indeed to reveal more newcomers as the game approaches it's release date. In terms of publicity, it makes a lot of sense-- reveal the game and give relatively small updates over a large amount of time to make it's existence well-known and highly anticipated, with a few large announcements to make sure people stay interested. Then, as you approach the release date, offer more excitable promotions to get people really talking about it and boost sales. Given Sakurai just stated there's only a few newcomer videos to be revealed, a number I personally theorize to be anywhere from 1 to 3, it's quite likely it was planned all along to reveal the majority of the newcomers only a few months before releasing the games themselves.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hardly a confirmation. They've been retweeting a lot of smash tweets lately.
I wonder why!

Anyways, I am sure it was probably already mentioned, but I would not expect Chorus Men at all based on the notion that that would directly confirm the leak that I am sure that Sakurai is already aware of. I suppose that would make Chrom the safe bet if he did not want to allude to the leak. However, given the Xenoblade evidence... Shulk it is.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I'd like to point out that if your timezone is GMT +10, the reveal takes place at midnight. I hate Australia so much sometimes.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wonder why!

Anyways, I am sure it was probably already mentioned, but I would not expect Chorus Men at all based on the notion that that would directly confirm the leak that I am sure that Sakurai is already aware of. I suppose that would make Chrom the safe bet if he did not want to allude to the leak. However, given the Xenoblade evidence... Shulk it is.
Nope, this guy has only ever retweeted Nintendo Events that had Xenoblade content. Other Monolithsoft reps have done that sort of thing before, but not him.
I do think all signs point to shulk

just saying the tweeting isn't a 100% confirmation.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I have to be at my laptop by 9 A.M. my time. Normally, this is no sweat, but I'm currently nowhere near my laptop. By the time I get back to it, I may already be late...

domokl

Smash Lord
Yeah the retweets from monilth soft mean nothing seeing all the smash things they retweeted. His creator retweeting it is no different really.

BillE

Smash Cadet
I'm really hoping we don't get any of the characters from the gematsu leak... I find them horribly dull.
I think everybody feels they're dull because we've known about them already and we haven't seen them in any kind of action. If the gematsu leak didn't exist then although we would most likely expect Chrom and Shulk the three gematsu leaked characters would definitely feel a lot less dull

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
What if the Retweet is a ruse? Shulk wouldn't get a special trailer.

You know who would? You know the character that everyone has always wanted and that would cause the biggest hypeslosion in the world if he was confirmed? Think about it, all the signs are pointing to this one character, a character who would HAVE to be released this monday.

King Boo.

I can hear him cackling already.
(NOT RIDLEY)

domokl

Smash Lord
Also little macs director after the little mac reveal said he didn't even know if little mac was getting revealed that day. So the retweets mean jack squat

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Is anyone else still annoyed by the fact if the Gematsu leak is indeed true, that means Lucas would be cut?

Yet they kept "Toon" Link, Falco, and Wolf?
I don't think that's necessarily the case. The gematsu rumor didn't mention Rosalina, so even if the rumor were true that does not mean that they are the only newcomers.

Mr_Anderson

Smash Cadet
Welp, all aboard the Shulk hype train it is. I'd be super happy if he is revealed all Monday, and there seems to be all sorts of evidence saying that that is, indeed, the case. If we get a vet along with him, I hope it's Snake. I like that idea of two characters from games with mechs. That would make my month, honestly.

LucaSmash

Smash Cadet
It's at 10 AM EST... YEAH.
10 AM

SANTA'S COMIN' TO TOWN

Ice Climbers in the Chorus Men trailer xD
I just realized how possible Ice Climbers being in the Chorus Men video is. Like it starts with the Ice Climbers thinking they're top **** for being 2 people in one character, and then the Chorus Men come in with 3 and they're just like ohhh damn.

domokl

Smash Lord
Welp, all aboard the Shulk hype train it is. I'd be super happy if he is revealed all Monday, and there seems to be all sorts of evidence saying that that is, indeed, the case. If we get a vet along with him, I hope it's Snake. I like that idea of two characters from games with mechs. That would make my month, honestly.
No there's not. Read my upper post retweets mean nothing

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Credit to SpaceJell0 for initially posting it in the Paper Mario thread

I doubt this actually hints at something, but it's cool nonetheles
Thanks! Although I'm not sure if that hints at something or not, it's still nice to see Paper Mario get some love!

My prediction is either Shulk or Chorus Men, I'm not sure how they will make the trailer so long for the newcomer though 0_0

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I just realized how possible Ice Climbers being in the Chorus Men video is. Like it starts with the Ice Climbers thinking they're top **** for being 2 people in one character, and then the Chorus Men come in with 3 and they're just like ohhh damn.
i'm gonna be hurt if this isn't the chorus men trailer

EDIT: wrong quote

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom