• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Why some of you is upset is beyond me, People lost the point of these reveals! it's not about the excitement, it's all about the content, if it was leaked, so what ? as long the content is great (Shulk is a great character) why are you upset!
Because I like being hyped over reveals

potential is limitless if you know nothing.

It's about the journey, not the destination. Don't smack me in the face with the destination as I'm leaving the station.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Xenoblade director retweeted it?

I knew it all along. Shulk confirmed.

I'M ALMOST RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because I like being hyped over reveals

potential is limitless if you know nothing.

It's about the journey, not the destination. Don't smack me in the face with the destination as I'm leaving the station.
But then how do you expect to pay for your train ticket, since each destination has a different price relative to distance- *shot*

...Sorry, I had to. :p

Shroob

Sup?
So.... let's say Sakurai gives us a Newcomer now and one in August.... anyone think he's doing this because he doesn't want them to get 'leaked' via Youtube, much like his stance about the SSE?

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
I hope it's not someone from the Gematsu leak
Nothing against Shulk, I just want a surprise

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
Yeah, to be honest I am really sick of the Gematsu leak, all the characters in the leak are just boring now, I won't be hyped. I hope it's king k. rool though :happysheep:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Personally, the only character I really want out of this is Professor Layton, but there is no specific reason for me to expect him.

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
Imagine, Samus is fighting Fox, Kirby and Rosalina (all space themed character if you didn't notice already), and suddenly Ridley's theme plays, and the space dragon drops down and starts wrecking everyone. After all hope is lost, a light shines, and Xenoblade's music starts playing. A beam of energy bursts from off screen and knocks Ridley back, and the camera pans to reveal... Wii Music Band.

WII MUSIC BAND ORCHESTRATES VICTORY!!

Screen transitions to Sakurai, "As you can see, Ridley will be a boss in the Pyrosphere arena, but just in time to combat him is none other than Wii Music Band." Cut to gameplay footage of the Wii Music Band showing off it's moves. "Wii Music Band is the first four character fighter, using songs from games, even from 3rd party developers. I'm sure all of you are wondering where is Shulk, but don't worry, Shulk is in the game." An image of a Shulk trophy is shown. "As shown with our Wonder Red trophy, the new Super Smash Brothers will include trophies of 3rd party characters who have history on Nintendo consoles."

"Oh, and one more surprise, the man behind the Gematsu leak." Then the Xenoblade developer walks on screen, and they both turn towards the camera and say in unison, "Ridley is too big." and start laughing maniacally.

Just throwing out the possibility of the Xenoblade guy just screwing with everyone and preparing the ultimate troll video.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So basically we all know about the retweet that just occurred. As much as I want Shulk in the game, I still want to be surprised...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So basically we all know about the retweet that just occurred. As much as I want Shulk in the game, I still want to be surprised...
I hope for the next smash game on the next nintendo system Smashboards makes a spoiler free subforum for people who doesn't wish to be spoiled by leaks, but that's just me.

they're will probably be *penis synonym* that will purposely post leaks there though..

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Just remember guys. We can support our favorite character, but no need to bash other people's character. Almost every character has strong points and are deserving of a spot on Super Smash Bros. Don't get discouraged just because someone leaked the character and not yours.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Why some of you are upset is beyond me, People lost the point of these reveals! it's not about the excitement, it's all about the content, if it was leaked, so what ? as long the content is great (Shulk is a great character) why are you upset!
Not really, the main point of these reveals are really the surprise and excitement, why else is the Smash4 site not only very barebones compared to Dojo, but heavily focused on the roster. With these leaks, it is less about "who's in!" And learning about the newcomer and the content, but about "the leak was right!" and speculations. You can't expect the unexpected when you already know of the unexpected.I doubt Samurai would be okay without some surprises, he does not want another Brawl Dojo.

I ain't even mad.

Last edited:

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
As far as I'm concerned, Shulk supporters and Chorus Men supporters gotta stick together. Chrom was likely without the leak, but it's all Shulk and Chorus Men have really! So Iam hyped nonetheless, because a confirmation for Shulk is a confirmation for Chorus Men!

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it might be like the Greninja trailer where it shows a vetran and a newcomer.

If so I wouldn't mind mind seeing this twisted duo:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
As far as I'm concerned, Shulk supporters and Chorus Men supporters gotta stick together. Chrom was likely without the leak, but it's all Shulk and Chorus Men have really! So Iam hyped nonetheless, because a confirmation for Shulk is a confirmation for Chorus Men!
I would argue that they were all fairly unlikely without the leak. Probably Chrom most of all due to his exact role already being filled by two existing characters.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just want to clarify if a sal newcomer is confirmed, it will adds good amount of credibility (implying he didn't have enough because it has more than enough). It doesn't mean it HAS to be real because it technically can be partially true.

Leaks never gets deconfirmed or confirmed without objective proof. To confirm this leak, I would need to see objective evidences of all the characters which of course can only be known after September 13.

In other words, it's not confirmed and it will never be until September 13 if it's confirmed. What this leak needs however is high consideration because it really has a rare amount of credibility that shouldn't be here if it was a fake but that's subjective.

Though, there's absolutely no proof (not even from the leak itself) that those are the REMAINING newcomers. Not only it can't be confirmed until release but it's also objectively false with Rosalina. I still don't know why people got to the point of dropping support because of an unconfirmed statement that is objectively false based on assumption on a leak that can't be confirmed until September 13.

With that in mind, it can be anything.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Oh wow 11 pages. I'm a little late to the party.

I have no predictions on who the newcomer will be. I'll just be wrong. :p

So hyped though. :colorful:

D

Deleted member

Yep, it's probably going to be Shulk this time, since the Xenoblade director (Takahashi?) retweeted it. It might be someone else, though.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Just remember guys. We can support our favorite character, but no need to bash other people's character. Almost every character has strong points and are deserving of a spot on Super Smash Bros. Don't get discouraged just because someone leaked the character and not yours.
I tend to agree with you, I just don't find Shulk or Chorus Men very hype-worthy. And as time passes I'm starting to fall out of love with the idea of Chrom. Would much rather have Robin.

But, as I've said before, there has yet to be a newcomer in Smash 4 that has hyped me up (I have already admitted that there will likely never be another newcomer reveal that gets me as pumped as I was when Pokemon Trainer was announced). So despite the fact that I'm stoked for this game, it's not nearly the same level of stokage that I had for Brawl. A single newcomer could change that. Paper Mario or Robin, mainly.

Though I'd settle for just having Ivysaur or Lucas confirmed

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I tend to agree with you, I just don't find Shulk or Chorus Men very hype-worthy. And as time passes I'm starting to fall out of love with the idea of Chrom. Would much rather have Robin.

But, as I've said before, there has yet to be a newcomer in Smash 4 that has hyped me up (I have already admitted that there will likely never be another newcomer reveal that gets me as pumped as I was when Pokemon Trainer was announced). So despite the fact that I'm stoked for this game, it's not nearly the same level of stokage that I had for Brawl. A single newcomer could change that. Paper Mario or Robin, mainly.

Though I'd settle for just having Ivysaur or Lucas confirmed
I actually just hyped him in his thread now if you don't have enough :)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Just want to clarify if a sal newcomer is confirmed, it will adds good amount of credibility (implying he didn't have enough because it has more than enough). It doesn't mean it HAS to be real because it technically can be partially true.

Leaks never gets deconfirmed or confirmed without objective proof. To confirm this leak, I would need to see objective evidences of all the characters which of course can only be known after September 13.

In other words, it's not confirmed and it will never be until September 13 if it's confirmed. What this leak needs however is high consideration because it really has a rare amount of credibility that shouldn't be here if it was a fake but that's subjective.

Though, there's absolutely no proof (not even from the leak itself) that those are the REMAINING newcomers. Not only it can't be confirmed until release but it's also objectively false with Rosalina. I still don't know why people got to the point of dropping support because of an unconfirmed statement that is objectively false based on assumption on a leak that can't be confirmed until September 13.

With that in mind, it can be anything.
Yep. That's the only questionning I have. If it is real, is it the remaining newcommers? I may be not fan of the remaining "Sal characters" (I love Rhythm Heaven, but I think there's better characters than Chorus Mens - but if they are true, I'll play them), but they don't bother me. But being the last ones? THAT would bother me a bit (I love more SSB4 newcommers than Brawl's newcommers, so that's ok).

I think some characters would be missing.

Soul.

It could be Shulk, but with all the unpredictability and stuff, it could be Chrom, the Chorus Men, or an unexpected newcomer. Still, we should see what happens on the newcomer trailer.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Seriously if it is Shulk, that guy who retweeted it is a ****ing moron.
Next Level Games did the same for Little Mac's Direct, but everyone was too caught up on the fact that it fell on Valentine's Day and DKC:TF's JP release, so everyone was fear-mongering over a Diddy+Dixie duo :laugh:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yep. That's the only questionning I have. If it is real, is it the remaining newcommers? I may be not fan of the remaining "Sal characters" (I love Rhythm Heaven, but I think there's better characters than Chorus Mens - but if they are true, I'll play them), but they don't bother me. But being the last ones? THAT would bother me a bit (I love more SSB4 newcommers than Brawl's newcommers, so that's ok).

I think some characters would be missing.
The thing that honestly bugs me with this statement a lot is ridley.

I won't explain (it's too long, will be off topic and I did it in his thread) but according to my though on his chances, this statement would be pretty likely to be disprove again. The problem though is that if he's not revealed before release, it will still be discussed (and I honestly am becoming annoyed of this leak mainly because it shouldn't get THAT much debates, just high consideration).

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guys, big news, turns out it's not gonna be shulk

Turns out they accidentally put this image on the site prematurely for a few minutes, and someone caught it

:troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom