• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger Approaching: Little Mac Joins Smash Wii U & 3DS Cast!

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
He is a highly concentrated form of manliness. Just one wrong move could possibly end all of SSB4. Too scary for me, bro.

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
Yup i dont care how long it takes. Im going to main him along side mario, little mac. Im so hype for this game now. Cant wait to see what mac can do.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sakurai really knows how to breathe life into a character even if they seem to have a limited movepool.

Queen_Of_Smash

Smash Rookie
Oh dang, he looks like he's gonna be really OP.
Congratulations, Mac! You've grown up from an assist trophy to a fully playable fighter!

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Wii Fit Trainer Male vs Little Mac will be one EPIC BATTLE !

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Gotta admit, Little Mac is a great addition. He reminds me of a character that I use in Street Fighter. Maybe he'll be one of my sub-mains in this game.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
did anyone notice the red aura he got when megaman and bowser got ko'd i'm guessing its to show who got the ko

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I tried to go to sleep after seeing Little Mac's Confirmation yesterday, but I was so hyped that I could not.

HeCaster101

Smash Rookie
Probably because in the trailer they were trying to make a height difference joke to emphasize Little Mac's "littleness". You can imagine how that wouldn't work with Mario. :p
10/10 will main.
Also, dat dash attack!

Poor Samus though, why isn't Mario the punched one?
obably

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
We all saw this when the boxing/wrestling ring was in the first trailer. He looks a tiny bit OP, so I'm probably goibg to end up playing Wii Fit Trainer.
I always thought that was silly of people to think. Just because its a boxing ring didnt mean Little Mac was 100% confirmed.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
I think there are many others characters betters than this one, but after seeing the presentation maybe Little Mac is not so bad

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
*Watches Trailer*

*Two Minutes and Ten Seconds later*

Why is Akihiko from Persona 4: Arena in Super Smash Brothers? XD

Sqa$

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bazaar
Does anybody else notice the fact that when he's charging his K.O., he isn't taking any hit stun? It happens with the Villager's Gyroid and Bowser's jab. I'm sure the move wouldn't normally work in singles matches because of the charge period, but the lack of hit stun could make him a powerful doubles partner.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
This was expected partly because of the boxing ring clearly being a Punch-Out stage. I was hesitant to see him as a fighter because I thought "What will he do for attacks? Different punches? Maybe some kicks?" But seeing Little Mac in action made me completely change my mind. His play style looks fun. Aggressive and close-combat based.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind seeing a Smash comic book in the style of the trailer.

Little Mac reminds me a lot of Captain Falcon, one of my mains. I happily welcome him.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
After this reveal, I can relax regarding the newcomers. Anyone else is a welcome addition but MAC needed to be in this game (15 years ago?). I'll try hard not to spoil the rest of the game for me.

My bet is that the next character reveal will be Zero Suit Samus. Maybe then Diddy Kong.

I'll make the Little Mac boards my turf, though. :D

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
This is like my third time posting about this revelation, but congrats to Little Mac for making it into Super Smash Bros. 4's roster!

Also, words cannot express how much triumph Little Mac has against his nefarious naysayers within this great screenshot (as in, the ones who said that Villager's boxing gloves lessened Little Mac's chances of being playable) :starman::

People were just being stupid.

As an AC fan, I said from the get-go that the boxing gloves were in no way shape or form a reference to Little Mac unlike BF's balloon helmet. 1) Villager can own a boxing ring as a piece of furniture in AC games 2) the boxing gloves aren't green and the design is different. So all in all, it was all more of a reference to the AC games than anything else.

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
Ya know, I honestly didn't want Little Mac because I didn't think they'd be able to make a full moveset for him, but damn this looks glorious.

Also the art style on that trailer is sex.

Anderceus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Anderceus
3DS FC
0877-0236-8016
Two things:
1) Doc should stand on the sidelines like the Pokémon Trainer
2) Mike Tyson as an assist trophy? :troll:

infomon

Smash Scientist
lol Sakurai confirmed for Wii U and for 3DS are the real titles.
So can we just start calling the wii version Smashii?

Smashii smashii !!

actually since it's ssb4 and it's smash "for Wii" and smash "for DS" we can really just standardize on "smash 4". at least in English....

smash 4 wii u => smash4u!?

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
A tiny detail I'm not sure y'all picked up on is the lack of lag after each roll from this character. He's able to attack way too fast out of roll.
I guess it's supposed to be unique to Little Mac to be able to attack quickly out of a dodge as to counter his opponents for a swing and a miss. I'm more worried about the start up of his OHKO Uppercut. We don't even know how fast he can throw it.

JaredGing

Smash Rookie
This was an excellent addition to the Super Smash Bros roster. I eagerly look forward to checking him out in the 3DS version once I pick it up later this year.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Wii Fit Trainer and now him? (takes a deep breath). Well on the plus side, LM isn't as pointless as the trainer but still, him in Smash just.....doesn't click.

Not to mention that this game has to many similarities to Brawl (Link and Zelda are still their TP selves rather than their SS selves), Lucario/Toon Link over Mewtwo/Young Link again (for the time being), as well as the graphical style of the game being somewhat like Brawl. At this point, you might as well call this game Brawl V2.

Can't say i'm too excited for this game right now TBH.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Wii Fit Trainer and now him? (takes a deep breath). Well on the plus side, LM isn't as pointless as the trainer but still, him in Smash just.....doesn't click.

Not to mention that this game has to many similarities to Brawl (Link and Zelda are still their TP selves rather than their SS selves), Lucario/Toon Link over Mewtwo/Young Link again (for the time being), as well as the graphical style of the game being somewhat like Brawl. At this point, you might as well call this game Brawl V2.

Well it is indeed the sequel to brawl, toon link is FARRR more popular than young link, mewtwo is most likely gonna be there to as well as most likely all the brawl newcomers at this point and link and zelda are still the TP designs for the sake of ganondorf and for all we know these are the designs of zelda wii u

Ultima777

Smash Apprentice
10/10 will main.
Also, dat dash attack!

Poor Samus though, why isn't Mario the punched one?
The joke was that she was taller than him. And it looked like she was making fun of him for it. Mario is shorter than him so it wouldn`t make sense. Idk if he has a problem with his height and that is why they went with it but, I think that is why they didn`t use mario(or someone else for that matter).

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
The joke was that she was taller than him. And it looked like she was making fun of him for it. Mario is shorter than him so it wouldn`t make sense. Idk if he has a problem with his height and that is why they went with it but, I think that is why they didn`t use mario(or someone else for that matter).
Sakurai was poking fun at his Smash Brothers Brawl Little Mac Assist Trophie Screen Shot with Samus found here http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/items/assist/assist10.html

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
Well i dont know about anybody else but im not really suprised that he is in this game i kinda saw it coming it was about time he showed up.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568

Link looks like a cross between his Skyward Sword version and his Twilight Princess version if you ask me. Also, we have no indication of Lucario "replacing" Mewtwo. The graphical style is very different from Brawl. Brawl's style was gritty and realistic while this style is smooth and colorful, with more emotion. What reason is there for Young Link? He's literally a young version of the same guy, at least Toon Link represents a different one. I don't see why this game is "Brawl V2" when Sakurai is making changes. The ledge mechanics and tripping removal, for instance. Also, the speed of the game is faster, and it overall seem a tighter and more fluid. Not EVERYTHING about Brawl was bad. What was bad about Brawl is being changed, if anything.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I'm worried Little Mac might replace Captain Falcon, but seeing how Captain is part of the original 12, has a diverse set of moves, and is the only representative of F-Zero. I too might main Little Mac, even though his recovery might be terrible, just gotta learn to not get hit.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Well it is indeed the sequel to brawl, toon link is FARRR more popular than young link, mewtwo is most likely gonna be there to as well as most likely all the brawl newcomers at this point and link and zelda are still the TP designs for the sake of ganondorf and for all we know these are the designs of zelda wii u
I don't know about Mewtwo returning, I'd hope for that to come. It could be similar to how you can switch between genders of the Wii Fit Trainer in SSB4, or switch clothing style of Wario in Brawl. And as for the whole popularity situation, you could say Toon Link is more popular. Young Link's most recent game is Ocarina of Time 3D, technically Majora's Mask if you don't count Melee... so, yeah.

Top Bottom