• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger Approaching: Little Mac Joins Smash Wii U & 3DS Cast!

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
I am not phased as the horrible recovery actually scares me, at least he has a deadly combo game with many hooks, uppercuts, crosses, and jabs.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
Can we talk a little more about this OHKO thing? Is it guaranteed ir can it be DI'it doesn't look that way. I hope it has a decent amount of start up frames and ending lag to compensate for its power. At the very least its his recovery looks terrible so that may balance him. But HYPE. IM SO EXCITED THIS MAN LOOKS BEAST. I love how a simple trailer can make you excited for a character you were indifferent to originally.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm cautiously optimistic about Little Mac here. I know we saw that Doc said that he ain't no air fighter and he has a terrible recovery. I just wonder if that's it for his shortcomings. I want to know if he is going to be a fast faller where he can be combo'd as well as he can combo others. I also want to know how exactly he can charge his Power Meter as I found out that the Neutral Special turns into a OHKO Uppercut. That bit about it being OHKO makes me feel very cautious about Little Mac.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If everyone is right about little mac being the dominant ground fighter then I hope that Shilda is viable. Shiek already had the ground playstyle as her own. That is if Sheik ever gets confirmed...

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I'm disappointed that not alot of people wants to see a better Zelda. More people just want Zelda as a placeholder for Shiek.

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I'm cautiously optimistic about Little Mac here. I know we saw that Doc said that he ain't no air fighter and he h*as a terrible recovery. I just wonder if that's it for his shortcomings. I want to know if he is going to be a fast faller where he can be combo'd as well as he can combo others. I also want to know how exactly he can charge his Power Meter as I found out that the Neutral Special turns into a OHKO Uppercut. That bit about it being OHKO makes me feel very cautious about Little Mac.
After watching the trailer a few more times, it looks likes his neutral b can charged to the point of ko and has super armor. So its less reliable and may require some mindgames to get an actual ko out of it.

He also looks pretty weak....punishing combos but little ko power...

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i dont know why everyones so worried about his OHKO move as roy in melee and ike in brawl and to an extent snakes fsmash are very close OHKO moves that you rarely see used effectively. But he does seem very strong overall as a character will be interesting to see what the other newcomers have to bring, but if you watc the vid closely you can see that this move will take awhile to charge as bowser was at 37% when it started and then it skips and bowser is all the way at 231.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
It looks like boxing ring is on the 3DS version as well!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Maybe we can expect Sakurai to explain his OHKO move more thoroughly tomorrow?
OMG... can't wait for another Little Mac pic tomorrow. :D

Anyway... if it were like in Super Punch Out, successfully hitting the opponent builds up the meter, and getting hit causes it to get reduced.

However, I have a funny feeling that this move is a charge move. It probably takes twice as long to charge than Samus or DK's respective charge shots, but guarantees a KO?

Maybe if you get hit, the meter goes back to zero?
We'll have to wait and see.
(Off topic, I'm glad Megaman still dies exploding into a thousand blue energy orbs)

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
i dont know why everyones so worried about his OHKO move as roy in melee and ike in brawl and to an extent snakes fsmash are very close OHKO moves that you rarely see used effectively. But he does seem very strong overall as a character will be interesting to see what the other newcomers have to bring, but if you watc the vid closely you can see that this move will take awhile to charge as bowser was at 37% when it started and then it skips and bowser is all the way at 231.
Here's the thing, Snake's supposed OHKO isn't a guaranteed KO unless you let him get it fully charged on the right spot of the stage. Roy does have an Instant KO in Melee and Project M, but the move has limits. Roy has to hold B to charge it up all the way to max and it goes for quite awhile longer than Little Mac's Power Meter. Not to mention that Roy's Flare Blade B move causes 10% damage to him at Full charge and Ike's OHKO is the same thing. We don't know how exactly Little Mac charges his Power Meter since the camera zoomed on the Power Meter. It could be from damage dealt from Little Mac or just holding B Neutral. I know that it has a charge time, but it isn't slow in comparison to Roy or even Ike's OHKO. It's all speculation at this point, but I'm cautiously optimistic about Little Mac.

Last edited:

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Hnng Hnng Hrrg Hrrg Hrrg Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak
SMAP!
Sqeak Squeak Zip Zip Zip Zip BASH Zip Zap Zap Zing Zap Zing Zap
TROMP! GRRRRRRRRRRR! BLAMM!
FWIP...
... Little Mac Punches In!

Seriously though, this character reminds me a little bit of P:M lucario, I'm diggin it. Also, I'm thinking the power meter is his final smash. Nevermind the power meter is definitely just a special charge... Interesting. Also, how awesome would it be if the coach talked over every match mac was in?!? ... Well, it would at least be neat for a little while.
And probably really irritating afterwards. lol

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ok, so I think the OHKO move is basically appliable when you shield break your opponent.

Now... the question is if Mac has the tools to break opponent's shield easily.

Ksn245

Smash Cadet
My balls burst into a fiery explosion of semen and delight. So far hes definitely going to be the first charcter i pick when the game comes out.

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Ok, so I think the OHKO move is basically appliable when you shield break your opponent.

Now... the question is if Mac has the tools to break opponent's shield easily.
If he can do it very easily, then I might see it as a problem since Shield Break means you're gonna lose a stock with Little Mac.

Varia31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Varia31
lol Aww, why must Samus always get picked on? I'll avenge her when I get the game! All things considered, that was pretty darn funny though.

Little Mac looks like a lot of fun to play as, I look forward to trying him!

Now I just need Diddy to go along with my mainstay main (Samus), and I'll be set... Aaaaand maybe Dixie and/or Mewtwo. Y'know, just for good measure. ;)

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
This is like my third time posting about this revelation, but congrats to Little Mac for making it into Super Smash Bros. 4's roster!

Also, words cannot express how much triumph Little Mac has against his nefarious naysayers within this great screenshot (as in, the ones who said that Villager's boxing gloves lessened Little Mac's chances of being playable) :starman::

D

Deleted member

I'd honestly pay money out of my wallet to get a Pink Jumpsuit alt costume.

AcousticAdrian

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone else notice how quickly he could act out of his roll at 1:16 and 1:32? It also seems like the static air dodge from Brawl will be in this game, so if the time it takes to act out of rolls is similar across characters, that will atleast act as a sort of pseudo-wavedash, atleast for evade-and-counter purposes.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Did anyone else notice how quickly he could act out of his roll at 1:16 and 1:32? It also seems like the static air dodge from Brawl will be in this game, so if the time it takes to act out of rolls is similar across characters, that will atleast act as a sort of pseudo-wavedash, atleast for evade-and-counter purposes.
That's what everyone said last time about the fast rolls in Brawl. The functionality between a roll and a wavedash is very different.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Sonic may be my main, but I had to make this, regardless.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226
Another Analysis I came across when I viewed the trailer again. The trailer showed that Little Mac "Up B" recovery isn't really good when trying to get back onto the stage. I am a Mario Player (I Play Link, Ness, and Sonic as well) and like some characters also have some "B Moves" that give them more air time before using their "Up B" recovery. Mario's "Forward B" for example is his cape reflector but it also pushes him forward enough to not use his "Up B" right away. So you can cape then "Up B" back onto the stage. Now I noticed in the trailer with Little Mac when he enters the Ring for the first time, he double jumps then utilized one of his other "Directional B" to give him more air time as he enter the Ring. The move looks most likely to be a "Forward B" move so I am thinking you could utilize that first then use his "Up B" to reach the ledge. Its also similar to Sonic's "Forward B" he turns into a ball and pops briefly in the air then lands and after the ball animation ends just "Up B" and then your chances of grabbing the ledge is a bit better than before.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
A tiny detail I'm not sure y'all picked up on is the lack of lag after each roll from this character. He's able to attack way too fast out of roll.

Top Bottom