• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger Approaching: Little Mac Joins Smash Wii U & 3DS Cast!

Kid_Carlton13

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidCarlton13
3DS FC
0447-6623-7476
Little Mac probably has top teir potential, but who knows I think he does though! GET HYPE!!!!!!!

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I don't know about Mewtwo returning, I'd hope for that to come. It could be similar to how you can switch between genders of the Wii Fit Trainer in SSB4, or switch clothing style of Wario in Brawl. And as for the whole popularity situation, you could say Toon Link is more popular. Young Link's most recent game is Ocarina of Time 3D, technically Majora's Mask if you don't count Melee... so, yeah.
I don't think that would work considering that when they do the costume thing it is the same character, having them change into a completely different character would be weird, Both the male and female WFT are the same character with the same name mewtwo and lucario aren't, sakurai knows the fan demand and how people wanna see mewtwo and lucario duke it out so I can say that I'm at least 90% sure he'll be there too. Also with the young link/ toon link thing toon links last game was wind waker HD which only came out at the end of last year

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I don't know about Mewtwo returning, I'd hope for that to come. It could be similar to how you can switch between genders of the Wii Fit Trainer in SSB4, or switch clothing style of Wario in Brawl. And as for the whole popularity situation, you could say Toon Link is more popular. Young Link's most recent game is Ocarina of Time 3D, technically Majora's Mask if you don't count Melee... so, yeah.
I don't think the costume thing would work very well considering they are different characters, Male and female wii fit trainer are still both wii fit trainer so it works, same with the villager but mewtwo and lucario are seperate characters. Also with the whole young link/toon link thing toon links last game was wind waker HD which was only at the end of last year so he's more relevant

proxibomb

Smash Clown
I don't think the costume thing would work very well considering they are different characters, Male and female wii fit trainer are still both wii fit trainer so it works, same with the villager but mewtwo and lucario are seperate characters. Also with the whole young link/toon link thing toon links last game was wind waker HD which was only at the end of last year so he's more relevant
You have a point, seeing the whole lucario/mewtwo thing is wrong, as for young link and toon link, I'd say it depends on the people who play it, I'm pretty sure anyone would recognize link younger and older.

Frage

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fragery
3DS FC
1349-4646-1151
He looks really strong, i'm so gonna main him, though he's more of a ground fighter, his jump is really bad and his recovery is awful (only upward), though he has invicibility frames and a counter attack making him a very strong character to rush in on ground and kill, he has a instant ko move but it requires charging up which takes awhile, good to know sakurai is trying to balance the game [: (inb4 broken meta knight returns)

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
He looks really strong, i'm so gonna main him, though he's more of a ground fighter, his jump is really bad and his recovery is awful (only upward), though he has invicibility frames and a counter attack making him a very strong character to rush in on ground and kill, he has a instant ko move but it requires charging up which takes awhile, good to know sakurai is trying to balance the game [: (inb4 broken meta knight returns)
Why can't they just make every other character better instead of nerfing meta knight, also little mac looks to be the most broken newcomer so far

Last edited:

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Why can't they just make every other character better instead of nerfing meta knight, also little mac looks to be the most broken newcomer so far
Because it doesn't work like that in Smash. Do you have any idea how hard it is for the PMBR to balance a 41 character roster? Buffing up everybody to meet a certain character's level like Fox just throws the entire balance off.

Honestly, I hope Sakurai was exaggerating on the OHKO Uppercut in that it does kill at even zero percent. That would just be beyond too good and it doesn't look like it is easily telegraphed either. Even the charge is relatively quick like DK's charge time unlike the charge for Roy's True OHKO.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Because it doesn't work like that in Smash. Do you have any idea how hard it is for the PMBR to balance a 41 character roster? Buffing up everybody to meet a certain character's level like Fox just throws the entire balance off.

Honestly, I hope Sakurai was exaggerating on the OHKO Uppercut in that it does kill at even zero percent. That would just be beyond too good and it doesn't look like it is easily telegraphed either. Even the charge is relatively quick like DK's charge time unlike the charge for Roy's True OHKO.
Well considering it says KO I think that means it's a definite KO

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Well considering it says KO I think that means it's a definite KO
God, I hope not... That seems excessive for it to be a true OHKO from what we saw. That'd just mean you'd have to try zoning out Little Mac which is hard to do so given his crouched run and armor. Nobody wants that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well it is indeed the sequel to brawl, toon link is FARRR more popular than young link, mewtwo is most likely gonna be there to as well as most likely all the brawl newcomers at this point and link and zelda are still the TP designs for the sake of ganondorf and for all we know these are the designs of zelda wii u
It should be a no brainer that it's a sequel to Brawl, i'm just saying it's too much like the previous game with little improvements. SSBM was a huge change from SSB64. Brawl was a huge change from Melee. SSB4 doesn't look like it's going to innovate that much. Just because Toon Link is the more popular Link, it doesn't mind you have to scrap YL out of the series forever. I find TL to be a watered down version of YL.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Link looks like a cross between his Skyward Sword version and his Twilight Princess version if you ask me. Also, we have no indication of Lucario "replacing" Mewtwo. The graphical style is very different from Brawl. Brawl's style was gritty and realistic while this style is smooth and colorful, with more emotion. What reason is there for Young Link? He's literally a young version of the same guy, at least Toon Link represents a different one. I don't see why this game is "Brawl V2" when Sakurai is making changes. The ledge mechanics and tripping removal, for instance. Also, the speed of the game is faster, and it overall seem a tighter and more fluid. Not EVERYTHING about Brawl was bad. What was bad about Brawl is being changed, if anything.
I'm dubbed it "Brawl V2" due to how similar it is to it's predecessor (graphics wise). When you compare the changes made from 64 -> Melee and Melee -> Brawl, it's not very impressive.

Why does it matter if Young Link is the same character as Link? Their still different characters to use in Gameplay. If anything, TL ripped off YL's moveset.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm dubbed it "Brawl V2" due to how similar it is to it's predecessor (graphics wise). When you compare the changes made from 64 -> Melee and Melee -> Brawl, it's not very impressive.

Why does it matter if Young Link is the same character as Link? Their still different characters to use in Gameplay. If anything, TL ripped off YL's moveset.
Brawl looked great for a wii game and there really isn't much to improve on other than making it brighter, sharper and having better textures, You need to see the smaller details to see the difference.
Toon Link is also the most different variation on link you could possibly have

infomon

Smash Scientist
Honestly I'd be happy if they gave YoungLink's taunt to TL. Drinkin dat milk....... lasts like 7 minutes.... soooo OP.

We really have no way to tell that ssb4 is more "like brawl" than "like melee". We're judging mostly on appearance, which is silly. If they were re-releasing Melee for the WiiU it would look like this. We have no ability yet to reason about the actual gameplay, because even while they're showing us some footage, all of the mechanics/physics are subject to change. We can't yet reason about momentum/hitstun/knockback or the balance of offensive tactics or other things that could suggest more Melee-ism ;)

It will be a new game and IMO probably shouldn't even be compared. It's just a new game. I'm excited, but some people might not like it, that's too bad but it's ok.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568

There's not much room for graphical improvement, though. Smash 4 is doing what is pretty much possible for any sort of graphical change. That is; brighter and more colorful feel, smoother texture, and more crisp and fleshed-out environment. What else is needed? What would you do to change it? It matters because having Young Link over Toon Link in and of itself is a bad character choice. Wouldn't you rather have two different incarnations of a character than two of the same incarnation of a character? That's what the majority public thinks, Sakurai is simply appealing to that public. It doesn't make the game more like Brawl, it's simply keeping an improvement in the latest game.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Why can 't they just make every other character better instead of nerfing meta knight, also little mac looks to be the most broken newcomer so far
Because Meta Knight currently doesn't even have to try to win. Even if people are buffed, having a character who is that fast moving, fast hitting, safe, has the greatest recovery in the game with 2 glides and 3 recovery moves, and outranges most characters with his transcendent priority sword is bad design choice. He doesn't have exploitable weaknesses like other characters do.

Also, I don't think Little Mac is broken. He has to charge his 1HKO attack and he'll probably need to either get a good read or combo into it to land. And onto that is bad recovery. It's probably in the bottom 5 worst recoveries.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There's not much room for graphical improvement, though. Smash 4 is doing what is pretty much possible for any sort of graphical change. That is; brighter and more colorful feel, smoother texture, and more crisp and fleshed-out environment. What else is needed? What would you do to change it? It matters because having Young Link over Toon Link in and of itself is a bad character choice. Wouldn't you rather have two different incarnations of a character than two of the same incarnation of a character? That's what the majority public thinks, Sakurai is simply appealing to that public. It doesn't make the game more like Brawl, it's simply keeping an improvement in the latest game.
I'm just saying, the jump from SSBB to SSB4 wasn't as jaw dropping as the ones before it. When I first got Melee as a kid, I was overwhelmed by how much of an improvement Melee was to 64 in terms of graphics and gameplay. Even with Brawl (despite being a step down in terms of gameplay), it's graphics were certainly innovative and made it stand out from the two before it. For SSB4, their's nothing unique about it other than a few tweaks here and there as well as some texture changes. Then again, the devs are most likely limited with the Wii U so I can cut them some slack.

Bad character choice? You realize that a "bad character choice" is an opinion and not a fact right? I can say(insert character here) and claim it as fact.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter if YL was in the same game as Link. The bottom line is that their different characters in gameplay. I personally feel that YL was a better character due to being faster and being really useful in competitive battles. If others don't feel the same way, that's fine and dandy. My opinion isn't going to change because of the general public.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Because Meta Knight currently doesn't even have to try to win. Even if people are buffed, having a character who is that fast moving, fast hitting, safe, has the greatest recovery in the game with 2 glides and 3 recovery moves, and outranges most characters with his transcendent priority sword is bad design choice. He doesn't have exploitable weaknesses like other characters do.

Also, I don't think Little Mac is broken. He has to charge his 1HKO attack and he'll probably need to either get a good read or combo into it to land. And onto that is bad recovery. It's probably in the bottom 5 worst recoveries.
^Everything said about Meta Knight is true. Only way to beat Meta Knight players like Zero or M2K in Brawl is to outplay them because MK doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. Then again, Meta Knight in Brawl had options for literally almost everything, so outplaying great MK players is easier said than done.

I don't think that Little Mac is broken. I just think that the OHKO might be too good if it is a true OHKO like Roy's Flare Blade. I mean, there's just no downside to using it other than swinging and missing. For Roy, he had to stay in one place to charge, fully charge it to get the full effect, and it does 10% of damage to him in the process. So, the most optimal position to use the true OHKO is if you break your opponent's shield because it gives Roy enough time to do it.

With Little Mac's KO Uppercut, it seems to have the charge time of DK's Neutral B which is much faster than Roy or Ike's Neutral B. I guess one downside to it from what I saw is when he did hit Bowser and Mega Man with it. I assume if he misses or gets blocked, he'd be vulnerable to a punish for maybe a second. Other than that, it seems that the uppercut is very fast on the draw. I just hope that Sakurai was exaggerating about it being a OHKO. Because if it is a true OHKO with that kind of charge time and fast draw, then I'm just gonna be disappointed with his balancing.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I'm just saying, the jump from SSBB to SSB4 wasn't as jaw dropping as the ones before it. When I first got Melee as a kid, I was overwhelmed by how much of an improvement Melee was to 64 in terms of graphics and gameplay. Even with Brawl (despite being a step down in terms of gameplay), it's graphics were certainly innovative and made it stand out from the two before it. For SSB4, their's nothing unique about it other than a few tweaks here and there as well as some texture changes. Then again, the devs are most likely limited with the Wii U so I can cut them some slack.

Bad character choice? You realize that a "bad character choice" is an opinion and not a fact right? I can say(insert character here) and claim it as fact.

Like I said before, it doesn't matter if YL was in the same game as Link. The bottom line is that their different characters in gameplay. I personally feel that YL was a better character due to being faster and being really useful in competitive battles. If others don't feel the same way, that's fine and dandy. My opinion isn't going to change because of the general public.
I meant "bad character choice" as in most people prefer Toon Link over Young Link (at least according to the various polls I've visited, and I believe Toon Link is the most popular Link in Japan). If you like Young Link better, more power to you.

Again, tell me how SSB4's graphics could stand out more. Brawl already took a realistic approach, 64's design was clunky, and Melee wasn't anything special, similar to Smash 4. What? Should the characters be black-and-white? Cubist-style? Elaborate on how Smash 4's graphics could possibly be any more "unique". Don't get me wrong. I agree with you that this game is the least aesthetically different yet, but the point I'm trying to get across is that it's justified. The reason is because there's really no way for the graphics to stand out any further. That's all I meant.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
I meant "bad character choice" as in most people prefer Toon Link over Young Link (at least according to the various polls I've visited, and I believe Toon Link is the most popular Link in Japan). If you like Young Link better, more power to you.

Again, tell me how SSB4's graphics could stand out more. Brawl already took a realistic approach, 64's design was clunky, and Melee wasn't anything special, similar to Smash 4. What? Should the characters be black-and-white? Cubist-style? Elaborate on how Smash 4's graphics could possibly be any more "unique". Don't get me wrong. I agree with you that this game is the least aesthetically different yet, but the point I'm trying to get across is that it's justified. The reason is because there's really no way for the graphics to stand out any further. That's all I meant.
Honestly, I find the Smash 4 graphics to stand out more than Brawl or Melee. The color palette used makes the characters look more vibrant and just screams of Smash 4 being a Nintendo game. That's what Nintendo is most famous for with their franchises. Their franchises look vibrant and full of life. I don't know what was going on with Brawl's choice of design although I can't complain about Snake. He fit right in with that style. Inb4 Snake sneaks in. :p There's your slogan for Snake, Nintendo. xD

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Honestly, I find the Smash 4 graphics to stand out more than Brawl or Melee. The color palette used makes the characters look more vibrant and just screams of Smash 4 being a Nintendo game. That's what Nintendo is most famous for with their franchises. Their franchises look vibrant and full of life. I don't know what was going on with Brawl's choice of design although I can't complain about Snake. He fit right in with that style. Inb4 Snake sneaks in. :p There's your slogan for Snake, Nintendo. xD
Yeah, I've noticed that as well. If anything, I'd say this is the most "Nintendo-like" Smash yet from what we've seen so far. The art style itself seems more canonical than any other entry in the Smash series.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
^Everything said about Meta Knight is true. Only way to beat Meta Knight players like Zero or M2K in Brawl is to outplay them because MK doesn't have any noticeable weaknesses. Then again, Meta Knight in Brawl had options for literally almost everything, so outplaying great MK players is easier said than done.

I don't think that Little Mac is broken. I just think that the OHKO might be too good if it is a true OHKO like Roy's Flare Blade. I mean, there's just no downside to using it other than swinging and missing. For Roy, he had to stay in one place to charge, fully charge it to get the full effect, and it does 10% of damage to him in the process. So, the most optimal position to use the true OHKO is if you break your opponent's shield because it gives Roy enough time to do it.

With Little Mac's KO Uppercut, it seems to have the charge time of DK's Neutral B which is much faster than Roy or Ike's Neutral B. I guess one downside to it from what I saw is when he did hit Bowser and Mega Man with it. I assume if he misses or gets blocked, he'd be vulnerable to a punish for maybe a second. Other than that, it seems that the uppercut is very fast on the draw. I just hope that Sakurai was exaggerating about it being a OHKO. Because if it is a true OHKO with that kind of charge time and fast draw, then I'm just gonna be disappointed with his balancing.
The thing is, we really don't know how he charges his 1HKO punch. There was a major time lapse from the point right before showing the meter to the point when he unleashed the move. Bowser's health went up to 231 before Little Mac even unleashed the move. Who knows what we missed in that time. I have the feeling that the charge will probably work like it does in the games where hitting people causes you to gain meter while getting hit causes you to lose meter.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
The thing is, we really don't know how he charges his 1HKO punch. There was a major time lapse from the point right before showing the meter to the point when he unleashed the move. Bowser's health went up to 231 before Little Mac even unleashed the move. Who knows what we missed in that time. I have the feeling that the charge will probably work like it does in the games where hitting people causes you to gain meter while getting hit causes you to lose meter.
It's why I'm cautiously optimistic about Little Mac because of the time skip and how they hid how Little Mac can charge the Power Meter. Although I'm pretty sure that it's his Neutral B that charges the Power Meter. I just do hope that it really isn't a true OHKO like the full charge of Roy's Flare Blade.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679

SSBB took on a saturated, almost grainy feel. SSB4 is nearly the complete opposite. Keep in mind that they need to keep the integrity of each character's appearance intact -> not a lot of graphical wiggle room there. They already did a fantastic job with the 3DS version.

Also, Melee looks that much better because they actually had a decent budget, whereas 64 was developed as little more than a side project at the time.

Honestly, it's a reflection of current times. Graphical prowess doesn't increase exponentially, nor does it increase linearly. At some point, it'll plateau. We're beginning to see that now. But what really irritates me is:

> devs are most likely limited with the Wii U

I'm sorry, what? Please, do explain how they're limited with the Wii U.

As for YL, I'm of the opinion that it's pretty much the same situation as Evil Cole and Good Cole in PSASBR. TL is a better representative of the Zelda franchise, compared to YL - because remember, Smash is a celebration of ALL of Nintendo's games. The WW art style and all the games that use it are extremely distinct from the more realistic approach of the other games. Not to mention TL plays completely differently from Link, whereas YL was just marginally different.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's why I'm cautiously optimistic about Little Mac because of the time skip and how they hid how Little Mac can charge the Power Meter. Although I'm pretty sure that it's his Neutral B that charges the Power Meter. I just do hope that it really isn't a true OHKO like the full charge of Roy's Flare Blade.
We're all worried waayy too much about his OHKO.

It is the new Game&Watch bucket. Well, we should hope it's better than that.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
We're all worried waayy too much about his OHKO.

It is the new Game&Watch bucket. Well, we should hope it's better than that.

Or worse, the Jiggly rest. Nobody remembers that one, yet it's practically a 1-hit KO, which at early percentages for Jiggly, is a low risk-high reward move.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wanted to share this with you guys. :D

It's Little Mac's tráiler (because watching this one more time is still never enough), except I replaced the audio with Eye of the Tiger.

Hope you guys enjoy it. :) I'm surprised at how naturally well it blends with it in some parts.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Or worse, the Jiggly rest. Nobody remembers that one, yet it's practically a 1-hit KO, which at early percentages for Jiggly, is a low risk-high reward move.
except that it isn't a true OHKO for Jiggs. Sure, it can kill at ridiculous percents but it doesn't always kill correctly if it is done at a weird angle on the wrong side of the stage. Also, that move is not even a low risk move. You have to set it up for the rest and be all up in your opponent's intimate space to get the hard hit off. If you mess it up, then Jiggs gets punished severely for it which can possibly cost her a stock.

Frage

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fragery
3DS FC
1349-4646-1151
making everything better is just gonna be broken, just like brawl. Little mac looks broken but he really isn't, all you gotta do is get far enough from the stage and he's done.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
making everything better is just gonna be broken, just like brawl. Little mac looks broken but he really isn't, all you gotta do is get far enough from the stage and he's done.
Easier said than done. He has some quick dodges and can counterattack very quickly. Good players would avoid getting grabbed as much as possible. It's like saying that beating Fox is easy because he is easily gimped except that he has the best neutral game in Melee. I'm sure that he'll have a strong neutral game thanks to his armor and crouched run. It is true that you have to get him off stage as soon as possible though due to his bad recovery. It's getting him offstage that's the problem.

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226

Of course SSB4 won't be as jaw dropping, graphically everything has pretty much reach a peak. Look at these consoles in regards to graphics etc. Its a jump from last gen but not huge leap compare to the PS2-PS3 and the N64-GameCube. What more can you do to this game really? They have a formula that works and could be tweaked a bit but thats it, no matter how many characters they add in it will still be smash brothers and nothing different from the previous entries, look at street fighter and other fighting games they are all pretty much the same with some tweaks here and there. The cartoony bright colors that this game has help preserve the games visuals for years to come, games like this won't age as fast as how the realism approach brawl was going for. I love brawl but graphically that game hasn't aged to well.

In regards to character choices when it comes to Toon Link and Young Link, I am talking from a developers point of view not a competitive point of view. If you play any of the Zelda games, Toon Link is technically Young Link. He is a more current form of Young Link due to the Wind Waker game being released. Young Link character design and modeled only really appear in Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask and that was years ago, now that Wind Waker has a HD remake, from a developers standpoint and a marketing stand point it wouldn't make sense to bring back Young Link unless it was costume swap for Toon Link.

Last edited:

MugenLord

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MugenLord
3DS FC
4339-2485-7226

His KO meter comes from his game and I am betting that it works just like his game, the more you attack the meter fills, but the moment you get hit the meter drops. Look at the trailer again, when he does the charge, it only goes up a few notches. The camera zooms in but you don't see what exactly is going in they edited the footage into Little Mac KO'ing both Mega Man and Donkey Kong. You can tell it was edited because before he uppercuts them Donkey was already around 230% of damage, so in other words lets wait and see it in action a bit more before we call anything broken or top tier.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
SSBB took on a saturated, almost grainy feel. SSB4 is nearly the complete opposite. Keep in mind that they need to keep the integrity of each character's appearance intact -> not a lot of graphical wiggle room there. They already did a fantastic job with the 3DS version.

Also, Melee looks that much better because they actually had a decent budget, whereas 64 was developed as little more than a side project at the time.

Honestly, it's a reflection of current times. Graphical prowess doesn't increase exponentially, nor does it increase linearly. At some point, it'll plateau. We're beginning to see that now. But what really irritates me is:

> devs are most likely limited with the Wii U

I'm sorry, what? Please, do explain how they're limited with the Wii U.

As for YL, I'm of the opinion that it's pretty much the same situation as Evil Cole and Good Cole in PSASBR. TL is a better representative of the Zelda franchise, compared to YL - because remember, Smash is a celebration of ALL of Nintendo's games. The WW art style and all the games that use it are extremely distinct from the more realistic approach of the other games. Not to mention TL plays completely differently from Link, whereas YL was just marginally different.
Devs being limited to the Wii U refers to the fact that Wii U's processing power is only somewhat better than the PS3/360. if the Wii U were on par with the likes of PS4/XBO, SSB4 could have seen a major change in terms of graphical style.

As for YL, i've already made my case several times. Going by your standards, YL would fit well seeing as all the Links (Or any Zelda related characters for that matter) since SSBB have not been OoT related. Don'[t act like he's completely irrelevant. OoT 3D wasn't that long ago not to mention the OoT incarnation of Link is arguably the most popular in the franchise. My 2 cents.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Of course SSB4 won't be as jaw dropping, graphically everything has pretty much reach a peak. Look at these consoles in regards to graphics etc. Its a jump from last gen but not huge leap compare to the PS2-PS3 and the N64-GameCube. What more can you do to this game really? They have a formula that works and could be tweaked a bit but thats it, no matter how many characters they add in it will still be smash brothers and nothing different from the previous entries, look at street fighter and other fighting games they are all pretty much the same with some tweaks here and there. The cartoony bright colors that this game has help preserve the games visuals for years to come, games like this won't age as fast as how the realism approach brawl was going for. I love brawl but graphically that game hasn't aged to well.

In regards to character choices when it comes to Toon Link and Young Link, I am talking from a developers point of view not a competitive point of view. If you play any of the Zelda games, Toon Link is technically Young Link. He is a more current form of Young Link due to the Wind Waker game being released. Young Link character design and modeled only really appear in Ocarina of Time and Majora's mask and that was years ago, now that Wind Waker has a HD remake, from a developers standpoint and a marketing stand point it wouldn't make sense to bring back Young Link unless it was costume swap for Toon Link.
I know, I said I would cut Nintendo some slack given that the Wii U is only a bit more powerful then the PS3/360.

I made my case for YL several time already (See above post).

Top Bottom