• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Challenger Approaching: Little Mac Joins Smash Wii U & 3DS Cast!

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Challenger Approaching! Little Mac, from the Punch-Out! series that had titles on the NES, Super NES, and Wii, has been added to the cast of Super Smash Brothers Wii U & 3DS! First appearing in the NES title "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!", Little Mac has been a fan favorite since 1987 - over 25 years. The character was featured in the title Super Smash Brothers Brawl as an assist trophy and was quite...little. Check out the trailer and photos below.

Source: Smashbros.com

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
We all saw this when the boxing/wrestling ring was in the first trailer. He looks a tiny bit OP, so I'm probably goibg to end up playing Wii Fit Trainer.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
At first when I heard people throwing around Little Mac theories I was "eh" about the whole concept ... but now seeing him in motion? He fits right in!

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
The hype can not be contained, I am definitely going to main him.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Ha! The boxing ring was a Punch-Out!! stage! In your face, naysayers! :chuckle: Talk about a red herring.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
lolol everyone was expecting a diddy, dixie, or a palutena reveal. but then BAM, we get little mac. Words can begin to explain the amount of hype I have for smash 4.

Argentic

Smash Cadet
With a ring as a new stage, I actually expecting him as a newcomer, but not today. This is cool! :D

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Hnng Hnng Hrrg Hrrg Hrrg Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak
SMAP!
Sqeak Squeak Zip Zip Zip Zip BASH Zip Zap Zap Zing Zap Zing Zap
TROMP! GRRRRRRRRRRR! BLAMM!
FWIP...
... Little Mac Punches In!

Seriously though, this character reminds me a little bit of P:M lucario, I'm diggin it. Also, I'm thinking the power meter is his final smash. Nevermind the power meter is definitely just a special charge... Interesting. Also, how awesome would it be if the coach talked over every match mac was in?!? ... Well, it would at least be neat for a little while.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm gonna go ahead and out myself as somehow who actually didn't want Little Mac in, but... he looks hella fun. Fast, dodgey, physical as all hell. I'm interested.

Also was it just me or did the ledges appear less magnetic in that bit where Wii Fit Trainer airdodges him to death?

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
It looks like he has some approaches with invincibility frames, or his roll his hella fast, and he used that as an approach (With the first fight vs D3)
And whoa. Long range, maybe?
It looks like he might have lots of super armor animation...? Like when he charges his thing up.
AND WHAT THE HECKKKK THE METER BAR AT THE END?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Hnng Hnng Hrrg Hrrg Hrrg Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak Tak
SMAP!
Sqeak Squeak Zip Zip Zip Zip BASH Zip Zap Zap Zing Zap Zing Zap
TROMP! GRRRRRRRRRRR! BLAMM!
FWIP...
... Little Mac Punches In!

Seriously though, this character reminds me a little bit of P:M lucario, I'm diggin it. Also, I'm thinking the power meter is his final smash. Nevermind the power meter is definitely just a special charge... Interesting. Also, how awesome would it be if the coach talked over every match mac was in?!? ... Well, it would at least be neat for a little while.
Then what is his hulk form? He was glowing before he transformed.
Edit: oops double post, is there anyway to fix that?

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I swear. I haven't seen one promotional pic that wasn't of Samus getting owned. Even in her own slideshow. There might be one out there, somewhere...
Yeah, but i just realize that Samus, being the tallest human character was the perfect pick to compare heights at the beggining of the trailer though.

Edit: ninja'd

Last edited:

allshort17

Smash Ace
He's probably not going to be as OP as you think. Doc said it, he isn't a air fighter. Plus he has no projectile and probably limited range overall. He's just really fast and has superarmor on his grounded moves. I'll still main him though.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
He's probably not going to be as OP as you think. Doc said it, he isn't a air fighter. Plus he has no projectile and probably limited range overall. He's just really fast and has superarmor on his grounded moves. I'll still main him though.
This and the trailer clearly shows he has bad recovery. Though he will still be a threat on the ground no doubt about that. The champ of the ring is finally here let's all rejoice in praise. Also I hope while in the match Doc talks to mac for making so good blows and comfort him if he gets smashed. It seems like a waste not to incorpate Doc into this.

Also why no comment on that godly Dash of Mac's (Side Note: Mario's fireballs are looking great with them smoke trails).
LittleMacDash.png

Top Bottom