• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT: Aurashielding

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Press B and hold Z at the same time when doing an aerial aura sphere charge, and you will buffer a shield on the frame you land, ala Snake with his grenades.

We all know how you can buffer a roll out of an aura sphere when touching the ground, and that if you time it, you can do this manually, but this is an easier way to buffer a shield out of aura sphere charge.

New trick courtesy of NinjaLink.

Alternate name possibility: Aura Protection. (Always use protection... just in case.)
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOW3eLoRIdk

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
You can just do this with r or l or whatever is shield

this wasn't interesting when you told me when dropped by to play pikmin 2 and it isn't interesting now.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
You can just do this with r or l or whatever is shield

this wasn't interesting when you told me when dropped by to play pikmin 2 and it isn't interesting now.
ur face isnt interesting either.

Anyway i'll make a video of this soon enough. Its still useful.

Steam

Smash Hero
Kita. I challenge you to a pikmin 2 showdown.

yeah flamey's face isn't interesting... I pay too much attention to the sexy hat.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Man I got *****

didn't even get a reaction out of Kita

Im still skeptical about it if you can already do it normally :/.

But w.e.

But in theory this should work with whatever button you set to grab correct

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yeah, or anything you set to shield. But Z is easier to time with than L/R because of the triggers.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
U can also just buffer L/R/Z when u grab the ledge and then ledgehop charge. Works that way as well.

Hmmm, looks really interesting.

Flamey, looks like your hat has some competition.....

Nah.

Saltix

Smash Lord
so the benefit of this is:
having the shield come up faster out of an aura sphere charge
leading into roll/OoS aerials?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
so the benefit of this is:
having the shield come up faster out of an aura sphere charge
leading into roll/OoS aerials?
Also, Up smash and grab. Also, Up B and down B, but like we'll use those from shield lol.

I admit though being able to do a tiny partial charge, that makes the opponent shield or do something defensive, then just go right to an air attack is so so sexy.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i already posted about the AT for doin aerials out of shield. This is about blocking in 1 frame upon landing

Saltix

Smash Lord
Also, Up smash and grab. Also, Up B and down B, but like we'll use those from shield lol.

I admit though being able to do a tiny partial charge, that makes the opponent shield or do something defensive, then just go right to an air attack is so so sexy.
Ahh forgot about U-smash. I didn't list grab because we can grab out of aura sphere charge lolz
I'mma have to try this out

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A vid? Just press shield and B at the same time...is it that hard? <_<

If you airdodge, you're pressing shield too late.

Latias

Smash Journeyman
>.> I really dont understand frames yet, which confused me. I was wondering what was supposed to happen, since I dont think i was doing this right :z

RATED

Smash Lord
I though people knew about this before, I tried this with lucario when the thing with Snake was discovered. so I though that lucario boards knew this, but either way good **** ninjalink at discovering this out.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Sorry for the bump, but I just realized, although it's slightly harder, you can use R/L in place of Z, which will allow you to grab out of your buffered shield (Z won't let you use shieldgrab :\ )

list of characters + specials unable to perform this:
Diddy popgun
ROB gyro
link/TL arrows
Pit arrows
ZSS paralyzer
Ike Aether
Jigglypuff Rollout
DDD jet hammer
Samus Missiles + charge beam
sheik needles

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I'm pretty sure you can do it with almost any special since landing lag basically doesn't exist while you're still in a special move, you just can't buffer it, lol. If you go into training mode with ROB and use Snake's dsmash, you can powershield it after a few tries just by charging his gyro and then canceling it right when you touch the ground, so ideally you would be doing nothing for one frame as you are grounded, and then you're shielding on the next frame, though I'm just not sure if Lucario's shield comes up as soon as he hits the ground or a frame after like any other character's would.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
True, I was taking the specific "easy buffer" when taking this into consideration though, because wouldn't that be similar to just buffering the shield 10 frames prior to landing w/o doing anything (thus performing the same effect?) I know I've done that a couple of times w/o taking damage from the mine.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Cool thanks! This is something I'd actually use! (to piss my friends off)

Now I know how to spend my next Friday afternoon hahaha - doesn't look too hard though.

Oh yea, THANKS FOR THE VIDEO! =D

Top Bottom