• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Neutrals and Counter Picks

AfroQT

Smash Master
Wow. I was trying to say that you supposedly are respectable in real life. So why not be so on the forums? For doing so well, people could almost look up to you, despite your age. But you need to be mature. The way you're acting now is far from that trait. You might as well put effort into your posts here and there to at least sound intelligent. You can crack some good jokes, too. So why not be humorous and courteous on the forums, eh?
oh **** i read your post mad wrong it hought you said i was being disrespectful my bad lol.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
90% of melee charactes do well in neutral stages lol just cuz you sucked you dont have to whine and make up fake facts about it. plz go cry at nigght knowing that you sucked lol ****ing ***gots

cultofrubik

Smash Journeyman
oh **** i read your post mad wrong it hought you said i was being disrespectful my bad lol.
Only on the forums. I've heard you're pretty chill in person. Think about it for a second. You're young. And you're winning tournaments. You are in a very good position to move up the ladder. Frankly, you might be able to do well on a national scene for all we know. But it starts with making friends here on the boards. Out of state peeps do not want to deal with an almost troll-like poster. Heck as you can tell, a lot of local people don't want to see stupid posts here either. My point is, if you can bring yourself some maturity, some great Smash things might come your way. See what I'm saying?

AfroQT

Smash Master
Only on the forums. I've heard you're pretty chill in person. Think about it for a second. You're young. And you're winning tournaments. You are in a very good position to move up the ladder. Frankly, you might be able to do well on a national scene for all we know. But it starts with making friends here on the boards. Out of state peeps do not want to deal with an almost troll-like poster. Heck as you can tell, a lot of local people don't want to see stupid posts here either. My point is, if you can bring yourself some maturity, some great Smash things might come your way. See what I'm saying?
Yeah you are right

Yeah im 18

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Brawl is creating some pritty big egos.

It's a lot harder to respect the top brawl players than it was the top melee players.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Nope haven't been to any since gigs. Don't enjoy brawl enough to travel 3 or 4 hours.

Oh and I hope you realize me and joe and louie are passing off the smash headquarters title to you rx and amber next year.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Afro's 18? wow...coulda fooled me.

and Lamby...since when do you know how I play Brawl? because you watched me one friendly? haha...no offense taken, buddy, but you really don't have any say. k then.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Im sorry i didnt know i had to play melee to understand how stages and characters work.....

And im saying everyone does good on neutrals, obviously some do better, but its not a significant enough advantage for us to put on counterpicks that interfere with fighting.
Apparently you do need to have played Melee.

When I say some characters completely own on neutrals, I'm not kidding. Some counterpicks were necessary to make it a fair fight. It's not that the lower tier characters were hurt by neutrals; they weren't. It's just that the highest tier characters actually just wrecked everyone else on neutral stages because they were just better (this is of course ignoring player skill and just looking at the characters). It's not like you're somehow a better player because you only counterpick neutral stages.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Apparently you do need to have played Melee.

When I say some characters completely own on neutrals, I'm not kidding. Some counterpicks were necessary to make it a fair fight. It's not that the lower tier characters were hurt by neutrals; they weren't. It's just that the highest tier characters actually just wrecked everyone else on neutral stages because they were just better (this is of course ignoring player skill and just looking at the characters). It's not like you're somehow a better player because you only counterpick neutral stages.
I dont feel like im better cuz i only play on neutrals, some counterpicks are just stupid though like rainbow cruise and brinstar.

Someone just decide the counterpicks and get it over with.

Force

Smash Apprentice
I think the OOS tournament in orlando FAST will give us a slight idea of how alot of other states are running their level selection and we should make a solid decision on a counterpick level list after that tournament. All florida residents need to train super hard before the FAST tournament. I want to send these intruders back to their states crying with their tail between their legs. This first oos brawl tourney could full well determine if florida is considered the most respected and largest brawl community. We need to have a buncha little mini get togethers to train up.

Force

Smash Apprentice
I'm talking about condensed training directly before the FAST tournament. My thinking is if someone is willing to buy a plane ticket from washington to play brawl they are probably pretty scarey at the game.

also afro we need to get in some guilty gear one of these times since we're both kinda just picking that game up.

AfroQT

Smash Master
yeah yeah Guilty gear ftw.
And im nto scared they can come from Mars i'll still fvck there day with my snake.

Gingerr

Smash Lord
If M2K and Azen are still playing like this I don't think FL is at all behind in brawl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oECew6wDH98
I've always kinda laughed at the idea that we're "behind" in the game. Just, saying that sounds kind of ridiculous in general. We have really good players, I find it hard to believe that they're gonna be blowing minds much more than we do around here.

also distant planet for counterpick do it

Raistlin

Smash Lord
I've always kinda laughed at the idea that we're "behind" in the game. Just, saying that sounds kind of ridiculous in general. We have really good players, I find it hard to believe that they're gonna be blowing minds much more than we do around here.

also distant planet for counterpick do it
It's pretty much impossible for any region to be behind any other region in Brawl.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I spoke with Afro in person once; he's super chill. Then he looked at me and said as seriously as possible "I don't take smashboards very seriously, I just post w/e."

And with such knowledge, it makes it much easier to read his posts. Take it like an SNL skit: sometimes stupid and a little annoying, but almost ALWAYS funny.

juniorv376

Smash Journeyman
Yeah cuz the game takes no skill just random dice rolling (i use weighted dice to win tourneys)
Lmao, If I had a dollar for every time I read this line afro. Man keep it up im gonna have to make this my new sig, lmao.
But hey as many times as you gotta say it to get the message through, lol, doesnt matter if it less technical, doesnt mean the lesser SKILLED will win.

Raistlin

Smash Lord
Lmao, If I had a dollar for every time I read this line afro. Man keep it up im gonna have to make this my new sig, lmao.
But hey as many times as you gotta say it to get the message through, lol, doesnt matter if it less technical, doesnt mean the lesser SKILLED will win.
Which isn't what people are saying. If that's the message you and him are getting, you're not listening.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Neutral:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi Story

Counterpicks:
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon