• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

§leepy God

Smash Master
I will contribute to the match up threads when I get back into the competitive scenes. It's been forever since I played in a non item Brawl battle anyways.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
11K views and no posts... contribute to the match-up thread pls I just set most of it up...
I'm eager to contribute; we are discussing MK right?

Should we divide what we know into sections like you will at the end, or should we just expound our matchup knowledge in a disorganized manner?

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I'm eager to contribute; we are discussing MK right?

Should we divide what we know into sections like you will at the end, or should we just expound our matchup knowledge in a disorganized manner?
Well, I was going to start by setting all of it up. Then, I figure, we can do match-ups in order according to tiers, so that we start with Meta Knight and Final Destionation as a stage

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Might I suggest that you discuss MK as a character first, then go into stage discussion?

It might be overkill to have separate discussion times for each Character/Stage combination. If you think we should go that in-depth though, I'm behind you 100%.

MoP: I think he means specific Character + Stage discussion.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I was planning on doing something to that effect on CP'ing with stages once we finished them all (legal ones anyway), and _clinton made some sort of a list.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Oy, Ness mainers. I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread or just post it here, since it doesn't have anything to do with Smash, but lots to do with Ness. Basically, I'm making a 3D model of Onett. A good looking one, not one that looks like it was made in Google Sketch Up (someone did a version already). And since many of you are Earthbound fans in addition to playing Ness, I thought I'd keep you guys updated on my progress. I just started this week, so mainly layout and some prelim stuff's done, but I'll keep progress pics here, if you're interested.

For the most part, I'll be keeping it true to looking like Onett, but I will elaborate to include more and make it look like more of an actual town, like making it not all face one way. Hopefully everyone gets a kick out of it, I'm doing it so I can build a 3D portfolio, and this is one of many projects I want to finish.

My first small batch:

Blocked out where most things will go, aside from the rocky area.

The various signs that will sit throughout Onett.

Stop Sign.

Beginnings of the streets.

Trash can!

Blocking out the town was a little tougher than I thought, going off the map, it's weird to set everything not skewed to the right.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Might I suggest that you discuss MK as a character first, then go into stage discussion?

It might be overkill to have separate discussion times for each Character/Stage combination. If you think we should go that in-depth though, I'm behind you 100%.

MoP: I think he means specific Character + Stage discussion.
its discussion for meta knight and final destination, not meta knight on final destination

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Oy, Ness mainers. I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread or just post it here, since it doesn't have anything to do with Smash, but lots to do with Ness. Basically, I'm making a 3D model of Onett. A good looking one, not one that looks like it was made in Google Sketch Up (someone did a version already). And since many of you are Earthbound fans in addition to playing Ness, I thought I'd keep you guys updated on my progress. I just started this week, so mainly layout and some prelim stuff's done, but I'll keep progress pics here, if you're interested.

For the most part, I'll be keeping it true to looking like Onett, but I will elaborate to include more and make it look like more of an actual town, like making it not all face one way. Hopefully everyone gets a kick out of it, I'm doing it so I can build a 3D portfolio, and this is one of many projects I want to finish.

My first small batch:

*Lotsa models*
Not to stop you from continuing or anything, I'd just like to point out that someone has made a 3d model of Onett already, along with some other places in EB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABgT...3F610BE24&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
random and needless fact..... the ness forum has the number 169 in the url, which is obviously 13 squared... and ness is 13. I bet this was already mentioned by someone though.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I thought you said "needles fact" Eagle since your avatar is a Cactuar and I thought of 1000 needles (and my awesome Quina learning it in FF9).

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Not to stop you from continuing or anything, I'd just like to point out that someone has made a 3d model of Onett already, along with some other places in EB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABgT...3F610BE24&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=1
Yup, I know. That's what I was referring to, him and another person both did Onett, one of them did Twoson, Threed, and A Link to the Past. It's nice and all, but it doesn't have shadows, uses the sprites for textures, and looks like it's from the N64. My hope is to make it look better, Wii worthy at least. It'll be more stylized instead of omg reelistik PS360 graficks. PS3 and 360 titles seem to be afraid of using brighter colors. =\

I'm definitely going to keep the style of Earthbound, though.

Uffe said:
Cool stuff, Goten! :D
Thanks! I'll certainly take critiques on my stuff when I get more up. I don't want it to turn out "You ruined Earthbound and therefore my childhood!"

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
Don't forget that ps3 and xbox always have their specularity waaaay high to provide a "realistic sheen"
lol.

lookin good goten. what program are you using? I use lightwave :3

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget that ps3 and xbox always have their specularity waaaay high to provide a "realistic sheen"
lol.

lookin good goten. what program are you using? I use lightwave :3
Oh, yes. And "realism" requires brown tones and tons of bloom.

Maya right now, soon ZBrush2 and if I can get my hands on a copy, Mudbox.

I've never really tried Lightwave. How is it?

Uffe

Smash Hero
yeah uffe said that a while back... sorry scrub =P
I think maybe you confused me for someone else, because I don't recall ever saying that. O__o

@ prOAPC: Good job! First would've probably been better for you, I'm sure, but second isn't exactly a bad spot. Especially for two low tiers. That just shows how far they can get.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job proapc! .... now i need to catch up to even more people.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
lightwaves alright, i don't know in terms of power how well it competes with maya. But for beginner user interface i personally believe lightwave is easier.

GotenOnNimbus

Smash Apprentice
Maya's a cruel mistress...Sometimes can work great, other times, bass ackwards. Maya does a lot, some of it well, other things not so well, and has a steep learning curve. I still don't know all of its tricks, and I went to school for it.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i've gotta finish school projects....... and school for me starts in a week and 2 days..... YAY!...

other than that, also bad......

Nestec

Smash Ace
That just made me imagine Ness smokin' a joint. I can see it vividly.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
That just made me imagine a flamboyantly gay man be smokin' a joint.

Also, don't do drugs. It's bad for your health.

I'm leaving for college next saturday.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Topic change, we don't need any more people hangin' out in Moonside.

Anyone here going to the tourney in Syracuse on Sept 20? It's not a big tournament, but something is actually happening here.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Dajayman, does getting high make you play better or what? I had no idea you did that sort of thing. As for me, not much has been going on. I keep feeling like I need to go somewhere, but I don't.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
Well, it is amphetamine and methylphenidate, a derivative of amphetamine. Gives you increased alertness and stamina. Basically, it makes you happy with your current task, so you won't constantly switch tasks (ADHD), wasting time.
I take just methylphenidate (prescribed, of course), but I never really go without it (daily extended release) so I don't know whether it actually makes you better at gaming (other than being more awake).

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
DON'T DO DRUGS KIDZ!!!! (says ness eating magic cake)

@carvac: yes i know.... but it takes too long to write out the whole thing rather than just say the above.... and most people know what you mean by the above statement anyways.

Top Bottom