• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Arcade

Smash Ace
We're just waiting until you go offline.

haunter.gif

Favorite EarthBound song: Can't remember the name, but it's the one that ends with the voice that says "I miss you". It plays after you accept your mom's offer to look at the photo album at the end of the game.

Levitas

the moon
I love mother music discussions :D

<fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyxtKzhc00c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyxtKzhc00c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object></object>

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Omg Levi...<3

When you are happy with laughter to spare,
Fun is twice as fun with someone to share.
When you are lonely and full of despair
Things aren't half as bad when somebody cares.

Maybe now you have figured it out,
That's what bein' a friend is about.

When you're lookin' for a shoulder you can cry on,
(Won't you think about me?)
When you're lookin' for someone you can rely on,
(Don't you ever doubt me!)

I'll be there someway somehow,
That's what bein' friends is about!

When you grow restless and want room to breathe,
I will give you all the space that you need.
And when you're ready for my company,
I will come around, just call on me.

Maybe now you have figured it out,
That's what bein' a friend is about.

When you need someone who feels the way you do,
(Won't you think about me?)
Someone who can pick you up when you are blue,
(Don't you ever doubt me!)

I'll be there someway somehow,
That's what bein' friends is about!.

Arcade

Smash Ace
I have this album on my iPod.

I like Eight Melodies, Pollyanna, and Wisdom of the World best. The vocals are slightly less ridiculous on those tracks.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I can't take Pollyanna seriously when I hear the lyrics for some reason (they're even more cheesy than these ones). I think the singer in these songs should've been someone else personally. :laugh:

Arcade

Smash Ace
I second that for the lulz.

Yeah the vocals ARE pretty ridiculous in ALL the songs. But the sudden "HEY HO HEY HO!" in Bein' Friends just cracks me up. The best lyrics, IMO, are the "la la la"s from Eight Melodies :laugh:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love mother music discussions :D

<fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyxtKzhc00c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jyxtKzhc00c&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object></object>
This right here is the best thing ever.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
also hey the lyrics are the way they are in that album because the singer was 14 when she recorded for it

Arcade

Smash Ace
That's it! /charliebrown

That's the song I mentioned earlier that I couldn't remember the name of.

It's just dang amazing.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Brawl Progress report:

okay, within the past week i have successfully worked in dtilt tripping to grabs...... i need to alter it enough so i can readily change to usmash.......

PSI Magnet game still up, with a little bit of error involving improper timing to execute a wavebounced one..... minor though......

original gameplay brought back with a couple of tweaks....

(-) PKFire has worked its way into being overused...... need to lessen it severely

(-) Not using PKFlash in proper times

PKT control has gotten better, but with some finger slipping...... need to keep pkt head nearer ness' body

(-) CAN'T APPROACH!!! Huge problem for me, seeing as i prefer a safe approach over sitting back and getting destroyed from far away.... FH PKFire has helped a little, but i need more sound ways of adding on to my approach....... like i know shield-dashing stuff is okay, but i'm often read and get grabbed.

(-) NEARLY NO NEAR GROUND DAIR USAGE!!!! This is how many people set up jab locks and pop the opponent into the air for combos and I lost my shff dair.... will rework

(-) CAN'T KILL LOTS OF THE TIME!!!! I don't know how.... I used to be able to do well in this area, but i can't explain whats going wrong..... i go in for the bthrow, bair, uair, nair, .... even ftilt and utilt and dair.... but i just can't land one... It could have something to do with lag...... I even mix up stuff with uber mindgames to try and ensure a good hit lands.......... I need help on this one quickly....

(-) Don't have the jab lock or it's setups down.... this will be of lesser priority

(-) I seem to have slightly worsened in my usage of DAS's..... I often use Nair>Uair or Nair>Fair, trying to also get in Nair>Nair or Bair>Nair or Bair>Uair where possible.... In place of the DAS's, I try to use rising aerials to get the safer part of the moves and FH stuff to avoid some people's grab ranges and get more of the combos that DAS doesn't allow (nair>bair)..... It doesn't seem complete yet though.....

Ground game has improved drastically....... although I can't really beat out characters that beat me on the ground..... Also lag destroys me in this category......

(-) ledge madness has dropped slightly.......... need just a little quicker of reading.....

say anything else that i didn't talk about that should also be included on a checklist such as this.... im missing something big....

Levitas

the moon
well if you feel the need to approach, that might be a problem. Instead of approaching, try something less direct, like cornering your opponent.

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
All Ness mains, this is a time to be happy. Our hard work has paid off, our main has moved up the tier list.
:):):):):):)

Only bad thing, who the h*** am I gonna use for a low tier tourney?

:(:(:(:(:(:(

Meccs

@Meccs_
alright, I'm headed to a tourney tomorrow. all of the best players around here are gonna be at a different bigger tourney, so this is my chance to get Ness up there, I could place pretty well at this one.
Gotta represent.

Hopefully I don't get a lot of one-sided MUs, cause I don't wanna be like "Well I only used Ness half the time, I used Pika the other half..."

Advice would be very welcomed by the way.
for reference: (these are pretty old, I'm a lot better now, but still kinda play the same way as the videos)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tTodaUQorY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4UK8WQAfYM&feature=related

and horray for now being Mid-tier

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Only bad thing, who the h*** am I gonna use for a low tier tourney?

:(:(:(:(:(:(
Yeah. I mad. I guess I have to use Lucas/Jigglypuff or something. *yawn* Funny how much Ness moved up though, surprising.

Meta Knight having his own tier again is like :| though. Bottom tier is pure comedy gold.

@ Levitas: They're gonna troll our boards again.

Top Bottom