• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Nido

ily Sebby
When I'm older I have plans to move to Melbourne or Sydney but Sydney is so expensive :sad:
Does Sydney have plenty of Meta Knights?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
When I'm older I have plans to move to Melbourne or Sydney but Sydney is so expensive :sad:
Does Sydney have plenty of Meta Knights?
Mmm, more marths, falcos and Snakes. I don't think we have a single MK, come to think of it. We also have a good pit main (invisi), two pikachu mains who are close friends (moxie and enemy a.k.a. 'Rockn' and 'Rolln' respectively, who are both awesome awesome people) and team together (their synergy is insane!). There's my brother and myself who both main Lucas (and of course I secondary Ness). Dre uses Bowser, RJV is a peach main, EA uses ICs with a side of marth and ted uses wolf. Shaya uses Marth, ted goes wolf but i've seen him do well with like any char before, Luxingo goes falco but has a good ike and Scoot goes Falco as well. Umm... I can't remember who zxv, luke or liam uses...

And we have a bunch more. So while we mostly get a few of those top tiers, we also have a nice variety of other chars that are seen. =)

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
To bad you have no decent Lucario players.

Until I bring my Lucario down you're all safe NSW, enjoy being safe while it lasts, the QLD aura is coming for you.

Shaya is mine, I'll avenge DJB!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ryu and I went somewhat even a few hours ago
****ing PKT2 Lag SDs
Those suck. :-(

The first time we met, ryuka won more games than I did. Then from there on in I think i've won a little more than i've lost. However, our first set was probably our biggest, thus why I think it's even.

As for secondary battles, I win those, and lucas ditto matches I win. But Ryuka has made me realise just how scary Lucario is.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Lol Ryukario's Lucario lost to my Old-Man-Ganondorf
Old-man-Ganon is totally the best ganon there is. :p

But meaauuuhhh... I mean i've won with Ness against ryuka's lucario as well. Otherwise it's harder. He does tend to win more-ish against my ness than he does against my lucas though. In any case... Oh that reminds me!

Names for alternate costumes?

Hippie Knight
Puke kirby

and my favourite:

Captain fabulous

:3

Fabulowolf is an okay one...

I need more of these names, they're hilarious.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I wasn't trying with your old man lol.

I was like "ok lets just troll him" next min I lost lol.

Offline, you dont escape Lucario's grab release.
Offline, i'm just amazing and that's all there is to it I don't get gimped by aura sphere. And besides, unless you're dedede, with Lucas it's just better to throw him like anyone else. Ness gets destroyed way harder by GR, i'm afraid. :(

Oh, and I also have a super secret to air release out of grab every time. ;)

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
If they made Brawl's wi-fi better (as in less laggy lol) we'd be playing soooo much better and do right inputs.

Also this is kinda random, but Luco can tell how much I love Ness' Yo-yos even though the lag was terrible XD

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Well if you could do a Hyphen Smash with D-Smash, I'd use D-Smash a lot more. :p

But his Yo-yos are pretty good; punish dodgers, good damage, great range, and they're pretty quick. XD

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Ness' yoyos are some of his worst moves IMO
Usmash is great for continuing juggling, and dsmash can kill lighter characters around 110-120%

I don't enjoy Ness' Ftilt, so laggy and slow to come out
someone tell me why ftilt is good, apart from killing at the side of a stage

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I guess my definition of quick is pretty different from yours. I find Frame 8 fast lol
My definition of slow is something like Peach F-air or Ness F-Smash or something like that lol
Its lag though, I will agree on.
It does decent knockback for a tilt (I got the finishing blow in my 2vs2 friendlies with it several times at my 2nd tourney LOL) and it's a great finisher for a Jab Lock. It's also a nice mix-up. =P

U-Tilt I enjoy using, D-Tilt I try to use but I can't use it that well lol.
Though I haven't been grabbing as much lately, I don't have a quick reaction time. :/

I guess I just try to make my characters' air and ground games work as much as I can LOL

Nido

ily Sebby
I just like Ness' Ftilt, maybe they aren't his worst moves and like Yoshi said, if we could hyphen Dsmash then I'd use it more.

I feel like wifiing so come @ me anyone
Otherwise it's back to Mother 3 for me (I feel sad I haven't played it in a long time)

Tikao

Smash Ace
his fsmash is not that bad , its slow , but pivot fsmashes for spacing are great : ) ... and the ftilt can be a gtfo-move in some situations , but oos nair is better in most situations . The usmash is great for edgeguarding , can punish air-dodgers-landing lag , in a approach it can punish spotdodgers and its also not that slow and has a decent range , so its good as a mixup imo , but don't spam it , you get punished. I don't use his dsmash at all , its risky and can only kill light Chars early, in other MUs , it will not kill , until some less-risky moves , and it makes ness grabable if you miss so ...

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
I use U tilt a lot which is kinda now common for my Ness. For some CRAZY reason I can always do it after a short hop F air to U tilt. I don't know why

Nido

ily Sebby
I use U tilt a lot which is kinda now common for my Ness. For some CRAZY reason I can also do it after a short hop F air to U tilt. I don't know why
I do SHFair to either dash grab or jab

And is it possible to finish jab lock with PKT2? Because that'd be pretty cool.

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
It's unlikely that would work, but until we have a proof that says otherwise, I can't say for sure. Maybe if the jab-lock is done by using D-Tilt (at +100% it acts like a jab1, thus jab-locking the target), one can try to use PKT2 since D-Tilt has less ending lag than jab1. Again, I'm not sure about these options.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If they made Brawl's wi-fi better (as in less laggy lol) we'd be playing soooo much better and do right inputs.

Also this is kinda random, but Luco can tell how much I love Ness' Yo-yos even though the lag was terrible XD
Yea you really do, surprised me a lot. I don't use yoyos as much because my brother always shields them, and they're so... Punishable. However, that said, you have a way with them. If it wasn't so hideously laggy though, I would have punished them far more than I did.

Also, I enjoy Ness' Ftilt. It's not as good as Lucas' Ftilt but, as Tik said, it's a very good get off move.

Actually, a lot of people have said stuff here that I agree with. I don't use Ness' bat after a jab lock. In fact I find Ness' jab rather hard to initiate unless I have a low roof to throw them in to...

And I only just noticed but WOW have you grown Tikao. You've been here a couple weeks and already making posts that are knowledgable and thoughtful (though personally I find pivot PK fire is better to space with, the bat is fun to throw out every now and then). :-)

Tikao

Smash Ace
And I only just noticed but WOW have you grown Tikao. You've been here a couple weeks and already making posts that are knowledgable and thoughtful (though personally I find pivot PK fire is better to space with, the bat is fun to throw out every now and then). :-)
I'm reading threads (like guides etc.) here since ... 0,5-1 year , so , i know something. But my english is very bad , so i havn't registered me here for a long time , at first i went to EVERY single Charakter , who i was at least a little bit interested , who is high or top-tier for a possible main just to be sure , that Ness would be my main , and i can write here without changing the main or have some situations like "oh , i like that charakter , and he/she is a high/top tier , so i would be better with them" just want to be sure , and my main is ness ... but that tooks a lot of time

and pivot PK-fire is also good for spacing , but I've overused it a bit and got punished xD ... the point is , that the fsmash is slow , so the hitbox comes out late , but it doesn't have tons of endlag like the pk-fire , but pk-fire is faster ... for defensive spacing , i prefer the pivot fsmash ... against a very offensive approaching by the enemy , the pk-fire can be a very good combo starter , because of the damage and good folow ups , and against snakes granades or Olimars Pikmin , it can create a wall between the enemy and yourself , and it has style ... pk-fire was my reason for maining ness xD

Jamwa

Smash Champion
Ness' grab is super predictable though, especially after 100% when your opponent will be expecting you to fish for the b-throw kill.
Just remember not to rely on it as a kill option, sour-spot dair is awesome at high percents as a kill option, and it can be used to punish spot dodges when they think you're going to grab them

Nido

ily Sebby
pk-fire was my reason for maining ness xD
I main Ness because 2 days before my first tourney I was like "I need a main" and I was playing as Ness by random at the time so yeah.

the fsmash is slow , so the hitbox comes out late , but it doesn't have tons of endlag like the pk-fireD
Dashing powershield = we're probably screwed

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
My reason for maining Ness was because I always wanted to see if I was better with Lucas or Ness, and I was better with Ness. Though back then I thought Lucas was better lol

I still pick Lucas from time to time, but Ness is my guy. XD
I've been so used to Ness I tried charging Lucas' U/D-Smash because I kept thinking I was using Yo-yos LOL
And also I kept on thinking B-air was the best momentum cancelling option for him, when it's actually F-air. lol

Tikao

Smash Ace
Dashing powershield = we're probably screwed
and that's the reason , why you shouldn't spam it and use it only as a mixup xD ... or for langing lag punishes as a mixup , because everyone will think "ness=aerials" ... even if it get shielded , it pushes the enemy away , so you can't get punsihed with everything (i would say most grabs wouldn't work) and near the edge , or a edge of a platform , it pushes them of the stage/platform ... but should only be used as a mixup (!!!) ... spamming it is painful

Nido

ily Sebby
and that's the reason , why you shouldn't spam it and use it only as a mixup xD ... or for langing lag punishes as a mixup , because everyone will think "ness=aerials" ... even if it get shielded , it pushes the enemy away , so you can't get punsihed with everything (i would say most grabs wouldn't work) and near the edge , or a edge of a platform , it pushes them of the stage/platform ... but should only be used as a mixup (!!!) ... spamming it is painful
I don't even use it very often, I use standard bat more than pivot because it just hits every time lol.

PivotK fire I do use a lot though which I need to stop...

IIRC tapping for powershield doesn't push the character backwards. So we're still in a bad situation if it's a Marf or someone who hurts us badly out of GR.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ness' grab is super predictable though, especially after 100% when your opponent will be expecting you to fish for the b-throw kill.
Just remember not to rely on it as a kill option, sour-spot dair is awesome at high percents as a kill option, and it can be used to punish spot dodges when they think you're going to grab them
An under-rated kill move that works at like 130-40 and above is Ness' U-air. Just really good and can be used quickly. It's also good for juggling at low percents.

Also, people who know about the grab tend to either spot-dodge/roll more or stay in the air. If it's the latter it's easier to get U-airs, yay. :3

Might work vice-cersa, too. getting the grab if they feel like staying grounded.

Top Bottom