• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the support everyone, it's very much appreciated! In terms of notable players I don't have that many sets under my belt (need to go to more nationals, grawr) but last tourney I brought both Logic and Croi (#1 in Nova Scotia) to game 3 (despite not placing that well because of my stacked pool), I've been to game 3 four consecutive tournament sets with Meekspeedy, and I'm an HM on our region's PR. In dubs, I've played Viper (pretty respectable Falco main in Florida or so I've heard, and here is their most recent tourney) and his teammate with Snow Shard (decent GaW main, just a fraction of skill beneath me) and we won both MMs pretty decisively. At RoS my teammate (V115, a zss main) and I also brought GIMR and Logic to game 3, and would have done the same with Will and Blackanese were it not for me colossally screwing up on my last stock lmao.

From what I saw of Rockmix playing against others and from what happened in our MMs and friendlies (like Stef said, I won most if not all of them pretty decisively) I'm tempted to say I'm a shade better, but results speak louder than opinions, so no johns if he's above me.

I'll try to get some good vids of me posted, cause the only half decent ones I think I have are against that ICs (#6 on our PR atm) on Battlefield and that Falco (HM on our PR) on Delfino, and I really ought to have more for how many tournies I've been to lol

Edit:

And if Stef says R e d X is better then I'm going to assume she's right. Unless it's total modesty.
Stef is actually pretty damn good, and I really think she has the potential to become a really damn legit Ness main, but in all honesty I am somewhat better. Hope there's no hard feelings! <3

No I'm not just saying this because I'm in love with him.
<3 <3 <3

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Stef is actually pretty damn good, and I really think she has the potential to become a really damn legit Ness main, but in all honesty I am somewhat better. Hope there's no hard feelings! <3
"somewhat"

hey you know what it's more than just "somewhat", the day i can beat you on a stage that's not hyrule temple is when maybe it'll be "somewhat"

me irl right now: :lick:

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
All I see Stef use is Kirby x_x...at least whenever I watch. Sorry! I'll have to play you R e d X. Shaky thinks I'm good, lol.

List looks good.

:phone:

Here, Stef: :noness: a Ness for you

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
All I see Stef use is Kirby x_x...at least whenever I watch. Sorry! I'll have to play you R e d X. Shaky thinks I'm good, lol.

List looks good.

:phone:

Here, Stef: :noness: a Ness for you
must be bad timing, i use them about equally often lol

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
If it wasn't for you active Ness board posters/tournament players and my stupid friend Falln forcing me to practice I would have dropped this game for good a long time ago. What I'm trying to say is...thanks for the inspiration :p. If Brawl had a good matchmaking system/decent lag like mvc3 I'd still be all over it every day. For now it is just random bursts of inspiration/ when a tournament date is nearby that keep me going. (And stupid Falln : P). <3 Ness peoples.

10 :p's

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Yink thought I was good, but I know I suck and I quit, so IDC.

OMG! SHAKY IS TALKING MORE OFTEN! :O XD

but yeah, I def. like that order. Now to just find some people willing to transport me around the universe and give me free money so I can go to brawl tournaments and play you awesome people....

EDIT: OMG!!!! VICEGRIP HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD <3 YOU VICEGRIP! (no homo)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yink should be 4th, but she doesn't play anymore so I don't know.
<3 to the max...but idk if I really could've qualified even back then. ^^;

If it wasn't for you active Ness board posters/tournament players and my stupid friend Falln forcing me to practice I would have dropped this game for good a long time ago. What I'm trying to say is...thanks for the inspiration :p. If Brawl had a good matchmaking system/decent lag like mvc3 I'd still be all over it every day. For now it is just random bursts of inspiration/ when a tournament date is nearby that keep me going. (And stupid Falln : P). <3 Ness peoples.

10 :p's
As long as I'm still on this board I'm dragging you back. :p

Yink thought I was good, but I know I suck and I quit, so IDC.
You were good, and you probably still are... :(

OMG! SHAKY IS TALKING MORE OFTEN! :O XD

EDIT: OMG!!!! VICEGRIP HAS SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD <3 YOU VICEGRIP! (no homo)
LOL...they all come back sometime.

zmx

Smash Lord
Good stuff Red X. I sensed you were top 5 material with ness, you definitively deserve the placing. You seem to perform a bit worse on wifi but hey it's wifi where even the smoothest connection will still have at least 3 frames of lag so yeah. I am pretty certain I couldn't beat you offline at least not yet.

Incidentally who beat you in pools are ROS?

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Blah had a really stacked pool lol. Was myself, AvericeX, Croi (#1 in Nova Scotia) and Logic. 2-0ed AvericeX, then lost 1-2 to both Logic and Croi :p

And thanks for the kind words!

zmx

Smash Lord
I'm not sure why they even chose to do pools tbh. There weren't that many entrants. And yeah that does sound pretty stacked, the tourny in general was really stacked. Olimar vs Ness sounds awful, did you pull out MK at all in any match?

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Oli vs Ness is actually an even MU, but I'm not that experienced with it (only other one I have is Tin Man whom I don't face very often) so I have trouble with it. But we're getting there ;)

And I was practicing a bit the night before with MK and I was rusty as all hell, so I just went straight Ness lol

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I actually ended up carrying ness' PK flash addiction over to Lucas. At my last tournament, I ended up killing someone with PK freeze. Throughout the match they remarked that they'd never been so scared of PK freeze in their life. :D

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
Hai Eagle. Hi Miss Yink. Hi everyone. Yup we always come back lol. Yink can always harass me via text if you guys really need an extra hand debating or something. I find that pk flash's uses are pretty much only: if you use the quick uncharged version when the opponent is on a platform above you or challenging you with an ariel, if you are baiting the opponent into attacking you ( if you think that the opponent thinks the ending lag of pk flash is longer than it actually is), and to punish extremely predictable recoveries (e.g. ike).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So... so guys

I'm thinking of going PT/Ness in my next tourney.

And Marth for Marth/Oli/Falco/other super dumb characters.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Im thinking about goin ness next tourney, Ive got a nice lil surprise for Dabuz and Kprime next time I see them.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
FOW is overrated, I think Socal just doesn't know how to play against Ness.
I beat him with my Game and Watch 3-0 in a $10 money match at Apex.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Well there's always shaky..............or illmatic?! O.o

but most likely probably vicegrip.

Top Bottom