• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
**** you, *****

and **** yink too that ****ing hoe can't run a tournament to save her motha ****in life

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Nah I suck, for real. People hate me secretly, then tell me to my face.

The most realest of talks in the NGD.

Shaky

Smash Ace
There should be some recent (this past weekend) friendlies of me vs NikRiddle uploaded tonight if anyone is interested... Once they're up I'll appreciate any critiques/suggestions you guys might have.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
There should be some recent (this past weekend) friendlies of me vs NikRiddle uploaded tonight if anyone is interested... Once they're up I'll appreciate any critiques/suggestions you guys might have.
FINALLY!!!! SOME GOOD NESS vs ZSS GAMES TO GET SOME INFO OUT OF!

I got destroyed by Legan's ZSS a while back b/c I a.) don't really have as much experience and b.) b/c he's a pretty good playah.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin Man sucks against Yoshi :D

If I play him I'll most definitely do so.

He also can't name search :D
Who needs to name search when you got friends that can link me posts like this ;D

Gluck using Yoshi. Make sure you're better than Firefly/Blacktwins/Scattz :p.

But yeah, using Yoshi isn't something new for u so I'm not surprised you're using him again.

So many Canadians in this social thread xD.

And before I go...

COME TO IMPULSE EVERYONE ^_^.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I already gave you mine :p

Watch your grounded PK Fire. You need to space it carefully against fast characters (or just, those with a good OoS option for perfect shielding). You felt very aggro, Shaky. Sorta was strange to watch haha. Still, your mindgames are pretty good! Nice job for not playing in so long <3

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I am truly saddened that my most anticipated tourney will not be hosted. . . RIP indeed, while I remain restless.

GG ness. counterpick...? :c

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
so the internet to my dorm room is throttled down a ton.... I hate it. I can't watch netflix. :(

Or SHAKY-Flix! xD

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Ivysaur's actually my main Pokémon of the 3.

Took 2 stocks off a DK on Brinstar with her.

Then, in shoutouts thread, was told by same DK not to go Ivysaur, it's a free stock.

lmao.

Also I still need to get around to that replacement with her japanese voice.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
His playstyle is almost too defensive, IMO. He had tons of opportunities to make some really good reads, but airdodged instead.

I also question his Fairs...he makes really risky use of them a ton I know you can like, retreat a fair and stuff, but he sorta was like...rushing in with one and got punished for it almost every time.

Loving the DI though, very smart on his feet too.

EDIT: Welcome Syrup. : )

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Just watched most of that video, skipped a little but he seemed good for a defensive Ness, Lucas couldn't land many PK Fire's in, yo-yo blocked em all.

And thanks for the greetings :D

EDIT: I'd also like to compliment that lovely green suit he has on :o

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
Yay new Shaky vids for me to draw ideas from. Watching now. Thanks for upload. Friggin tournament this weekend and me and Falln have been practicing quite a bit, hope to do some work (even though my time spent practicing is far, far less than it used to be, I'm hoping all my mvc3 practice counts somehow).

V1cegrip

Banned via Warnings
My old account was hacked. Thus using this new one
Oh yea I forgot you two communicated, I gotta keep the sultry Yink gossip to a minimum then. That loose-lipped kirbeh hero. Has he told you my most recent strategy? Like 80% of all my kills are uair now, I'm learning that in a great deal of situations (not just at low/kill percent) if you just spam up on the c-stick at the right time you will win/trade so many clashes that you wouldn't expect.

TL;DR UAIR IS GODLY. Experiment kids.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Never understood why Ness mains didn't use uair much. It's awesome! Offstage it's a beast.

Don't worry, our conversations are only good things. :p

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Any help on Ness vs. Snake matchup?

It's kinda like Lucas but you don't have as much to spam him back with :(

(Although Lucas has to approach still)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Sure. I love the Snake MU and have tons of experience in it (so does Shaky :p).

Well, I'd say be sure to pick the right stage...don't go to a stage like Final Destination...Ness definitely cannot outcamp Snake, even if you have a good lead. Be careful with your spacing and save your kill moves until like 130 at least. Be careful of grab release > utilt or ftilt. Mash properly to try to get away from the utilt or force an air release.

ALSO be careful with Fair...Fair blows up grenades and that means you blow up with it. Get Snake offstage...it's hilarious. You can spike snake with dair, harass with nair, and magnet spike him too.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Magnet Spike LOL?

Edit: Also, what's his best stages probably? (NESS)

I went MK vs. Snake just cuz of how much I hate it and won but I'ma go back to Ness, want the mu exp.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What's this about people telling you they hate you Yink? I'm sorry but I DON'T BELIEVE YOU. NO. NU-UH. NO WAY. JUST.... NO. :glare:

But seriously you don't want to get that idea in your head, it's not trueeeeeeeee!

And one day i will be a good Lucas, and a good Ness, and i will do stuff and try to raise the bar for the PSI kids. =D

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Next Smash has been announced under development, I'm worried Ness or Lucas are getting cut.

Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in Melee, Ness will probably stay but Lucas :( I'm worried sick.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Read the post I put up in response on the lucas thread if you want the deatils.... I think it's definitely possible, but not so likely as you may think. ;)

I've been reading in to this as well, since i'm exactly like you: Lucas/Ness, a bit more on the Lucas side in terms of mains. In any case, feel free to come to a different conclusion, it's just what i think, is all. :)

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I just think Lucas might be cut cuz he's considered a clone but he really isn't.

Also, Ness needs PSI Rockin'

Lucas already has Love but meh, not really visible unless you're a fan of M3.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ness has PSI brainshock, actually....

PSI rockin' would be pretty cool. I think for some reason I called mine PSI gifts. ><

And thats actually the case for quite a few characters. Ness and Lucas have quite a few similar moves, butm in reality the different start-ups, cool-downs, sweetspots, sourspots, ins and outs and just general quirks of each character make their meta game HUGELY different.

Seriously, i can't begin to expand on how amazingly different their playstyles are...

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I know, but at the same time they have moves from other characters, and if they add Paula or Ana (ANA WOULD BE AMAZING) then I'd say Ness should be given some better range attacks, nothing HUGE but just something to get a few % occasionally.

Top Bottom