• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
you've even got the "yall" in there, tyson. True texan. XD

OMG, UFFE!!! *hug, no homo*

Uffe

Smash Hero
Who here thinks that it'd be a good idea to try out other character other than Ness to get a feel for them and to have your brother, friend, comrad, whoever, use different characters against is is a great way to learn different match-ups? My brother and I are trying this out to hopefully see what it's like and hopefully learn something out of it. At times my brother will use different characters other than Samus to fight against my Ness, and then I'll do the same for him. What do you guys and gals think about this method?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I use other characters to understand Ness a little better myself, so I think it's a good idea personally. :)

Also ok guys, made it into the BBR. Gonna represent some Ness.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
YAY!!! YINK'S A BBR MEMBER!!!!! xD Way to start repping that ness. xD

I'll teach you all the oddities of ness in some time. I'm busy for the most of April now though... Got this stuffz happening with a german student coming to live with me. xD

Don't forget: PK Jump, AC'd Dair is pro, Ftilt is underrated, DashAttack perfect spacing with the second and third hit are really good, Uair is pro, and Bair's spacing, if perfect, is awesome.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Congrats, Yink! I just woke up, so I read the Brawl Backroom Member as Brawl Bedroom Member. XD Anyway, I'll try to continue with other character match-ups then.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
The Brawl Bedroom does exist.

Yink and I are both members, performing rigorous testing and debate whenever possible.

trololololol

Trips707

Smash Apprentice
Congratz Yink on getting in the BBR.

I went to my first Tournament yesterday with Miles, it was mad fun but I only used ness like once though:( used a lot of lucas on the other hand:awesome:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Typical conversation between me and chrono:
(3:21:15 PM) rocketsci227: how's spring break?
(3:32:39 PM) Chorno: GREAT
(3:32:41 PM) Chorno: and omg
(3:32:42 PM) Chorno: rpsi
(3:32:44 PM) Chorno: Im just
(3:32:46 PM) Chorno: about to leave
(3:32:53 PM) rocketsci227: for disneyland
(3:32:56 PM) Chorno: Ill talk to you when I et back D:
(3:33:01 PM) Chorno: TO PRACTICE
(3:33:04 PM) Chorno: badminton practice
(3:33:05 PM) rocketsci227: for disneyland
(3:34:31 PM) Chorno: that too
(3:34:41 PM) rocketsci227: I KNEW IT

_clinton

Smash Master
If I were still a mod! :mad:

*hugs the Ness mains* Stop scaring them D:
Hugs won't undo the damage us telepath types get when we walk by the random theater. In fact they might send the wrong message at that point.

On that note last weekend I did a solo Paula run in EB because I have no life.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Hugs won't undo the damage us telepath types get when we walk by the random theater. In fact they might send the wrong message at that point.

On that note last weekend I did a solo Paula run in EB because I have no life.
You speak so much truth in this post.

Also, the fact that you join the exclusive solo Paula run club makes a small part of your life complete, thus being that much more amazing. Get that no life nonsense outta here:)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Typical conversation between me and chrono:
(3:21:15 PM) rocketsci227: how's spring break?
(3:32:39 PM) Chorno: GREAT
(3:32:41 PM) Chorno: and omg
(3:32:42 PM) Chorno: rpsi
(3:32:44 PM) Chorno: Im just
(3:32:46 PM) Chorno: about to leave
(3:32:53 PM) rocketsci227: for disneyland
(3:32:56 PM) Chorno: Ill talk to you when I et back D:
(3:33:01 PM) Chorno: TO PRACTICE
(3:33:04 PM) Chorno: badminton practice
(3:33:05 PM) rocketsci227: for disneyland
(3:34:31 PM) Chorno: that too
(3:34:41 PM) rocketsci227: I KNEW IT
Why am I not surprised about this conversation? Haha.

_clinton

Smash Master
Here are some highlights for it:

-All of Onett was easy even if Paula, Jeff, and Poo don't get Ness' house for a life up point w/o Ness in the party. I didn't have freeze beta for the Titanic Ant though so that was actually semi-close. The single teddy bear I had gave his life for me in that ant fight.

-Mondo Mole almost kicked my *** even coming out of Threed because I was very very cocky for that fight (the guy really POed me off before Threed, the game just didn't like me with the RNG so I had to come back even). Man being torn into 4x in a row sucks. Every other part of Twoson was easy though, and it was funny to see Paula's family not notice her as well I might add.

-Zombies are actually kind of hard on Paula only, and I learned to stay the hell away from those puppets very fast as well. Really random encounters weren't fun in Threed. Except for Zombie Dogs and Trick or Treat kids. Boogy Tent went up in flames with me loling as I went along like the little pyro I am in game world.

-Trillionaged Sprout made me into a giant piece of jewelery one time but after that I wasted him in my fiery rage. Man Paula has it easy in that cave as long as you don't have a fungus growing on you. However, Freeze Beta takes out one of them fast so as long as you don't get into a fight with two of them you are good to go. The other foes won't hurt you at all (well the warrior plant did 9 HP per attack) as long as you have the Mr. Saturn Coin on.

-I had Freeze Gamma for the moles, but I was running dry on PP when I reached the 5th one because I wanted to do this in a single go, I had 1 HP and 0 PP, and the 1 HP was just because he died. I should have gone for the Super bomb IMO.

-The department store is easy. So I have to ask, how did Paula get kidnapped by that guy now? However, Moonside is scary if you are alone or so and get frozen in time two times for 3 attacks each or so doing 30-40 damage. Plus many of those foes resist your freeze and fire for whatever reason. Mani Mani Paralyzed me because I didn't want to risk flash OHKOing me and took off the great charm in order to make sure I'd win.

-Paula rescuing Paula was hell, those robots resist freeze, and fire. And you really want to save your super bombs for the Clumsy Robot because of him having a psychic shield. However, speaking of that robot...he fired a missile at me 2x in a ****ing row! It was nice to see the robots don't come back at least. I had help with Shrooom! from a level 1 Ness. He keep targeting Paula for whatever reason and he put a mushroom on Paula 2 times as well as poisoned her so I just went with it after that. Ness lived from the battle even lol. Super bombs are awesome! (didn't want to use bag of Dragonite for this challenge).

-Taxi foes started to show up in Summers more often of course. Oh and any fight there was easy except for them.

-Any High Class UFO scared me. In fact I pretty much ran my *** off to avoid any fights in the desert. I had to run through the pyramid with a cold on my 3rd try because poison from those spiders keep pissing me off. Oh and any stone golem that I ran into almost beat me into the dirt. That snake wasn't able to bite me at least because Paula upgraded to crystal charm.

-Dungeon Man was without any issue at least. Deep Darkness scares me because freeze really hated me there and because of that a few random crocs dragged my Paula into the muck a couple of times. Trees are scary, and Master Barf only tried to make me sick...5 times. Love the AI in EB sometimes ^_^

-Starman DX was a ***** who didn't make it easy because the guy just wouldn't stop summoning backup! But eventually the game was nice and let me win with my psychic power shield like I wanted to. Starman Super and Mook foes are very scary of course because one just loves his psychic power shield and Healing Omega and the other just forces me to make sure I had a psychic shield on with my crystal charm and resisted my psychic powers.

-Lost Underworld was hit or miss with big purple dino fights. So I just hacked the magic fry pan into my hands because I was tired of lowering my level after every few fights. Oh and I'm not talking about Lumine Hall because it was easy even if I did get the rabbit's/makes the rest of the game easy foot there for going 1st in battle and dodging physical attacks.

-In fact everything was easy except for the fact that I had to last 20+ rounds with Carbon and Diamond Dog and hope that DD didn't pull off one of his auto death attacks. I chose flash protection for DD and hoped he wouldn't bite me too hard with the Sea Pendant and of course hoped that CC wouldn't just rip me apart and just blow fire at me. Freeze sure is awesome sometimes though because I did get a nice RNG for it's free round of attack after losing 2 times and just barely made it with 0 brain food after the final.

-Magicant is easy, the only time you should be worried is if you fight the French Kiss of Death, don't kill an eyeball based foe after 3 rounds, and loaded dice summons the evil Care Free Bomb on you more than once. Because Care Free Bomb loves the super bomb. The Krakens and Ness' Nightmare were cake and Paula learned fire omega after that (YEAH, the most worthless attack spell in the game!).

-Onett is easy, just make sure you have rabbit's foot and have your arm on the psychic shield ready. If you didn't know, Pixie's Bracelet > Cherub's and Goddess Band because of the still good brainshock resistance (90%). But you might just want the Diamond Band only.

-Pokey beat me up once, then I came back with rage and had more than 3 brain food lunch for the full trip for the next time.

A solo Paula is at least easier than a solo Jeff. Which is why I see Jeff has the lowest of the chosen 4 despite the whole 3000 damage max he can do (guess who I'm doing next?).

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Just reading clinton's post you can't help but realize that Earthbound makes absolutely no sense.

Before I die I must play this game.

_clinton

Smash Master
Just reading clinton's post you can't help but realize that Earthbound makes absolutely no sense.
It might just be my post actually.

Anyway I lied about starting the Jeff run on Friday. I started it about 2 hours ago. I'm out of Onett at level 16 and I used my one BBR on the Titanic Ant and the game finally loved me enough to stop making me die at the cops. Teddy Bears are now Jeff's saving grace.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Lol. It really is just a weird game.

I wish we could get some more rpgs like it today though. It seems unlikely considering its eh sales in the US, but I would love to see more of the kind of elements it contained incorporated into some western rpgs, perhaps.

ShadowRoamer

Smash Cadet
Indeed, Earthbound is ridiculous. But you won't leave the series untouched.
But yeah, it should be more well known among RPGs. This might have worked if we localized the other games, but considering it's a complete and utter licensing bomb.
And speaking of the Jeff run, I tried it once but just completely lost all motive to continue at Peaceful Rest Valley, as if it wasn't annoying enough as Ness.

Top Bottom