• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Chuee

Smash Hero
who has an infinite on us? Pretty sure nobody has a true infinite. We never needed that rule that protected us from Marth's 'infinite', not that I minded it haha. I made a ranting post about the new ruleset on aib.
Ya boi Donkey Kong

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
we've already discussed donkey kong and i believe that it CAN be a true infinite with amazing reflexes and prediction, it will never happen in a tournament setting from 0-death against a good ness however. calling it now.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I understand all Ness mains play under the mindset of "Don't get grabbed" However, the fact that before you could get grabbed and know that your opponent isn't allowed to infinite made things a little more safe. Ness' ground game is really bad. I like his Dash, his fsmash for spacing, and his dsmash for certain situations, but he gets ***** on the floor. The only reason the infinites haven't been abused is because they've been banned so there's been no reason to practice them. This new rule set, while still pretty much being in the works, gives them something to practice. Granted a "good Ness main" won't get grabbed or caught in this, but that's assuming you're playing a bad opponent in general. Then you gotta stop and ask yourself how many good Ness mains are there really? How many good D3's, DK's, and Marth's are there?

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I understand all Ness mains play under the mindset of "Don't get grabbed" However, the fact that before you could get grabbed and know that your opponent isn't allowed to infinite made things a little more safe. Ness' ground game is really bad. I like his Dash, his fsmash for spacing, and his dsmash for certain situations, but he gets ***** on the floor. The only reason the infinites haven't been abused is because they've been banned so there's been no reason to practice them. This new rule set, while still pretty much being in the works, gives them something to practice. Granted a "good Ness main" won't get grabbed or caught in this, but that's assuming you're playing a bad opponent in general. Then you gotta stop and ask yourself how many good Ness mains are there really? How many good D3's, DK's, and Marth's are there?
Personally miles, we can generally agree it was a safety net.

As for that last little part I bolded for you. That should be obvious. I don't mean to sound rude but I think it's the truth. I think EVERYBODY should think about this. Not to mention DDD and Marth still get hurt substantially by MK, so you should probably have a better chance (assuming they play an MK). As for DK, I've only ever played Ripple and it was a long time ago.

Just what I think. There's really as everyone said, no reason for us to freak out this much. I'll STILL say "don't get grabbed" because you just shouldn't at higher percents anyway. Do you want to take a death? No of course not. I always took getting grabbed seriously, and now it'll just be more so than then.

Chuee

Smash Hero
we've already discussed donkey kong and i believe that it CAN be a true infinite with amazing reflexes and prediction, it will never happen in a tournament setting from 0-death against a good ness however. calling it now.
The DK has 20 frames to see where you broke out at before he goes for the grab.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Personally miles, we can generally agree it was a safety net.

As for that last little part I bolded for you. That should be obvious. I don't mean to sound rude but I think it's the truth. I think EVERYBODY should think about this. Not to mention DDD and Marth still get hurt substantially by MK, so you should probably have a better chance (assuming they play an MK). As for DK, I've only ever played Ripple and it was a long time ago.

Just what I think. There's really as everyone said, no reason for us to freak out this much. I'll STILL say "don't get grabbed" because you just shouldn't at higher percents anyway. Do you want to take a death? No of course not. I always took getting grabbed seriously, and now it'll just be more so than then.
I don't get why you bolded that lol. Lets stop and think about it, anyone who has a pocket MK won't use it UNLESS they truly don't understand the Ness MU with their character that can already **** the **** out of him lol. "Don't get grabbed" is an awesome mindset, but lets be real here. Grabs happen lol, high percent or low and you better believe a top level player or even mid level player at this point in the game will abuse the **** out of the GR they have on Ness or Lucas. No reason to freak out? Sure I guess. You shouldn't freak out but still be mindful that their CP's just got a whole lot gayer lol.

The DK has 20 frames to see where you broke out at before he goes for the grab.

Yes, he does and he'll kill you lol. Chuee, unlike many of you here play's on the singles ladder and gets enough MU exp. w/ his character to see this gay **** happen. "Oh it's wifi who cares?" Wifi is dumb I agree, but it's still a good way many players have learned their MU's lol. Chuee and I both know how gay GR's can be on both chars because it just simply is and always will be lol.

The main problem I have against chars, w/ GR on Ness is the fact I can't refresh my kill moves w/ any ground attack because the risk of getting grabbed is much higher than the reward of actually touching my opponent.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yes, he does and he'll kill you lol. Chuee, unlike many of you here play's on the singles ladder and gets enough MU exp. w/ his character to see this gay **** happen. "Oh it's wifi who cares?" Wifi is dumb I agree, but it's still a good way many players have learned their MU's lol. Chuee and I both know how gay GR's can be on both chars because it just simply is and always will be lol.
I don't play Ness that much online though lol.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I don't play Ness that much online though lol.
I'm sure you don't, but it's still probably more than anyone else in here lol. Not to mention Lucas and Ness pretty much have the same dam GR lol, so you get your share of wth goes on with the GR. Instead of having to wait for a tourney to pop up or not being able to play a certain MU because your region doesn't have it. lol

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I don't get why you bolded that lol. Lets stop and think about it, anyone who has a pocket MK won't use it UNLESS they truly don't understand the Ness MU with their character that can already **** the **** out of him lol. "Don't get grabbed" is an awesome mindset, but lets be real here. Grabs happen lol, high percent or low and you better believe a top level player or even mid level player at this point in the game will abuse the **** out of the GR they have on Ness or Lucas. No reason to freak out? Sure I guess. You shouldn't freak out but still be mindful that their CP's just got a whole lot gayer lol.
I bolded it because I was agreeing with how important it was.

And about getting grabbed, there's a simple solution. Pick up a secondary if you think the situation is that bad. I'm not going to try to sugarcoat a situation. Ness is good. He's got the tools to be good, but there are a couple matchups that are a doozy and oh well, we have to deal with it. "Don't get grabbed" is a great mindset, because it forces a careful play. I'm pretty sure we all understand what will happen if we get grabbed in bad matchups.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I bolded it because I was agreeing with how important it was.

And about getting grabbed, there's a simple solution. Pick up a secondary if you think the situation is that bad. I'm not going to try to sugarcoat a situation. Ness is good. He's got the tools to be good, but there are a couple matchups that are a doozy and oh well, we have to deal with it. "Don't get grabbed" is a great mindset, because it forces a careful play. I'm pretty sure we all understand what will happen if we get grabbed in bad matchups.

haha yeah I completely agree, but when it comes to secondaries who's the best character for Ness? I mean I use MK, but that's just me. I've always been a really aggressive person that punishes stuff so picking him up was nothing to me. Plus his fair reminds me of Ness, so it's like easy to frame trap people to me. But what secondary can you see any Ness main using? lol

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
MK's probably the most reasonable. We need to deal with DDD and Marth, and MK goes to town on that. I personally use Marth, and it's not that bad for me. I'd say just pick a secondary that suits you and can "handle" high tiers if you're uneasy.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
MK's probably the most reasonable. We need to deal with DDD and Marth, and MK goes to town on that. I personally use Marth, and it's not that bad for me. I'd say just pick a secondary that suits you and can "handle" high tiers if you're uneasy.

Haha wow, that's the same character I picked up when I decided to get a second. I didn't have a wii for the longest so I mained Ness simply because he was the only character I felt like using when I could play the game. In Melee, I mained Ness/Fox and second Marth. My original plan for Brawl was to main all of them, but since I didn't own the wii I took my time to learn Ness.

But yeah Marth's fair is pretty comfortable to a Ness main seconding him if you're Fair dominant and have really good spacing.

MK is good if you're like really nair dominant because his Nair just like ***** everything. Doing it out of shield and other stuff actually helped improved my Ness lol

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, You guys. You don't know how to avoid grabs well, do you?

Time to make 2 Demonstrations.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
No need Eagle, you just can't escape the fact that grab can happen. And when it does the option someone will have to **** the hell out of you if skilled enough lol.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, if you get grabbed. When is doubting yourself.

Let's say you get grabbed. Can you mash out insanely? If not, you should get better at that. Mash out at the right time in the right way and you avoid some major problems.

Vicegrip!!! Can you explain how one would mash out in different directions when being cargo carried by DK? I dont know exactly how.

Avoiding grabs is all a matter of how you approach. If you approach with a move and continue moving forward as ness, you WILL get grabbed. All approaches involve usin your spacing knowledge to keep on the edge and pressure at just the right distance. This is why I like bair; it hits at a good range, when you are moving away from an opponent, it carries you far, etc.

Trips707

Smash Apprentice
I guess I'm thankful to be a multi mainer, but then again I lose out on master a single character. Oh well I prefer to be a jack of all trades.

As for the "Don't get grabbed" mindset, it really does help avoiding unnecessary damage, but like Miles said, eventually...its gonna happen. Sometimes it take one screw up to get grabbed. Then again recovering with ness can fail with just one screw up.

_clinton

Smash Master
Any DK that tries that infinite grab release me gets hit by two quick dtilts and a bat to the face usually. It won't kill I guess but man is it fun.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I don't understand LoL.

Is it an RTS, like World of Warcraft of something? I've never actually seen the game being played.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Play LoL with DMG. IIRC He just loves that game.

EDIT: Btw guys, if there's any Nessers near Iowa, come to my tournament July 2nd, I'd LOVE to see more of you. :)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
To quote spongebob ("No, this is Patrick!"), "What's so great about dumb old Texas?"

In seriousness, I don't think I could ever get myself to want to go there. Too warm and not any cities/areas that I'd want to see.

Better idea, why don't you come to the MW?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I'm hoping I can... I also hope my parents would allow me to go.

July 2nd for sure? Sounds like a nice day.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, IL smashers, (Akashi, Arty, Oro, Kain, Kirk(?), Ook, Zwarm(?), Kappy(?), etc.), Do you guys have some sort of carpool worked out? Or in the process of being worked out? I wanna see if I can actually go with the rest of you IL guys.

Uffe

Smash Hero
*PK Hugs all ya'll* I really miss you guys and gals. :( Recently my brother and I have been able to play Brawl with each other more frequently.

Top Bottom