• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Nestec

Smash Ace
Nestec. Please edit your cursing. That's censor dodging and you can be infracted for that.
Gaah, can I really? That's no fun. Everything's better with some swearing in it. ;P

not really though. lol

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I wish I could get into power rankings... but i never have time to go to tourneys... maybe next summer will help.... but thats so long from now.

hey dajayman, do you know of any illinois tournaments coming up? i want to know well in advance so that i can schedule off of work.... i don't have to worry much about the money situation... if i do get to an illinois tournament, we should go ness doubles with kirby jiggz and bowser ganon for others. unless nintenjoe someone else is there, because you can go doubles with them if you want... if you aren't able to cover the cost of entering the doubles, i could pay it for you, since it would really be no big deal for me.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
*pops into thread unexpectedly*

Guys, I'm going to a tourney today and tomorrow. Should I go Ness all the way, like I want to? >_>

and christ, I think there's only, like, three Ness players in this state.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
@Eagle
Kirk and Ryzen are looking at a tournament venue north of Gurnee Mills, hopefully that happens. There's two tournaments coming up in Champaign and Springfield, but I doubt I'll go to those, I like to stick to nearby for now until I can get my life in order. But for now the Chicago area is having a smash drought, the closest monthlies being at MPS in Racine, WI (right on the border, it's about an hour drive away from Chicago). Also Kirk has big smashfests at his house regularly (both times were the Friday before MPS), those get excellent attendance from Illinois' finest. Next time one of those happens I'll let you know in advance.

@Roy
If Ness is your best character in Brawl and the character you feel most comfortable playing, then yes. If not, then no (obviously :p).

Uffe

Smash Hero
Go all Ness at that tourney! Show all those other Ness mains who the best Ness really is! I use too many exclamation marks. The only time that never happens is like in a serious discussion. !__!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This is now a double post.

I don't really hate uffe. I just felt like the previous post would be entertaining for me to post.

Ref should spread more love.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Last night I found out I'm actually pretty good with fox. Or at least I did well.
And I don't like it.
Main him. He's worlds better than Ness.

Funnily enough I also had Fox as a secondary when the game first came out... He's just an insanely fun character, but I forgot about him for some reason.

@Roy: Don't go all Ness just to say you did... If you run into trouble switch to whatever character you think will give you the best chance of winning.

Uffe

Smash Hero
@ thesage: Well, I'm glad you don't hate me. Not many people do, so when someone says they do, I'm actually hurt for like a whole day. The reason behind that is obvious since I never encounter that much except from my brother.

@ Dajayman: Lol

@ Man of Popsicle: I'd say use him as a secondary or something. I remember one night when I was wrecking my brother with Toon Link. I kind of wanted to main him at that point but obviously never did. Anyway, I don't think Toon Link nor a character such as Fox is that hard to pick up.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
after not playing captain falcon for a really long time, i played as him again and did extraordinarily well... i've been using ganon as a secondary for quite some time but i went back a little to playing falcon and realized he's 1000x better than ganon... he has great setups into a ton of different things, all his aerials end before landing on the ground if you do them out of a short hop, uair is ownage, bair is ownage, etc... the only problem is that i can't get kills with him for some weird reason...

now i've got three fairly good secondary characters, two of which are bottom tier... :p kirby has gotten way to predictable, and i just can't get any better with him and hes not as fun as he once was. now i've only got three characters i like to use when playing other people (ness, ganon, falcon) and all of them are susceptible to CGs by falco and D3... not to mention that falcon can't approach and ganon is really slow. every other character i've tried out hasn't interested me, except DK and marth, but DK is even worse for D3 matchup and i know i would suck as marth...

any other recommendations? i would prefer a character who isn't S tier, has a few good aerials, has a ground game, and is light(er than other characters), so no MK, falco, snake, wario, D3... I tried ICs but suck at their CGs... ZSS is too annoying... diddy annoys me and i don't want to be annoying.... anybody else i could second? or any tips for DK and marth?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I'm picking up Gay Man Watch as a secondary, seriously. :)
I've never heard that before.. :d cool. Good luck with that... I don't really like gnw.

I guess I'll retry pika... I've tried using him before, but I sucked then.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I decided to drop Kirby and Toon Link and just stick with Ness, Wario and Marth.

Dajayman

OMG! Who voted on the unvotable poll?!

Edit: A lot of people voted on that poll! But it says only one person voted?! My theory is the thegayge (one of the voters) is actually multiple people combined into one big, gay person. :0

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
if only they were done right to begin with
Cacti, colddegree, CometStar, Earthbound Zero, ESAM, Luju, NessBrawler, Pollyanna, prOAPC, RoyTheFlamboyant, StarLight, Steven Jackson Action Jackson, thesage
Click on the 1.
Apparently these people.

Levitas

the moon
LOLIS was pretty intense from what I heard, though I didn't go. M2K and ally in ann arbor? Lain going elsewhere to make money? 15/17ths the payout in one tournament that the ohio circuit's accumulated over 4 events so far?

Uffe

Smash Hero
My Gay Man Watch's main strategy involves popping them up in the air and spamming uair under them forever.
He doesn't like being on top, I guess.

LOLIS was pretty intense from what I heard, though I didn't go. M2K and ally in ann arbor? Lain going elsewhere to make money? 15/17ths the payout in one tournament that the ohio circuit's accumulated over 4 events so far?
What are you talking about? It looks like the Phoenix got to you really good. :dizzy:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
This is really early, but are any of the Ness mains making it to Viridian City on October 24? I'm gonna be there, I'd like to ditto and learn/teach the Yoshi:Ness MU.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I thought this already happened. Where will it be held? If it's out of state, then no. If it's anywhere in CA, I could try.

Dajayman

I hate the Yoshi/Ness matchup. Yoshi can grab release upsmash Ness unless a platform is in the way, in which case you can powershield the usmash. My friend who plays a really good Yoshi says I do better against him on cp stages than neutrals.

And UffGay, Viridian City is taking place in Jersey City, NJ... on the EC.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
For those Ness mains who:
1. Can attend out of state tourneys
2. Want a good Canadian tourney to attend
3. Want to meet me in person :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249519

The OiN events at Club LaSalle usually bring out a ton of people. Last year we got 82 in December during the worst snowstorm we've seen in years. I'll be at this one for sure :)

Top Bottom