• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hello, Ness mains. I am now maining our favorite young hero, coming over from maining a certain Bread-Defending bird. How goes it?

Also <3 Yink, DR FTW.
Oh man son, we're getting more Ness mainers/secondaries. Ness is growing again. Good to have you Frag.

Part 2 of that download will be up soon, these will take the longest because they're soundtracks X_x

Also, I didn't sort the MOTHER wallpapers, because on my comp they're used to rotate every 30 min.

EDIT: Actually I'll edit this instead, here's part 1 of the music. Once again, there's music spoilers so...just keep that in mind.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1DX1QPH0

Underload

Lazy
Hello, Ness mains. I am now maining our favorite young hero, coming over from maining a certain Bread-Defending bird. How goes it?

Also <3 Yink, DR FTW.
Yeah! Awesome. More Ness bait (get it?).

Is Ness supposed to be super amazing in doubles? I remember making a three stock come back against a a relatively good team in friendlies last Saturday. "It was your character" was their john, I wanna know if it's legit.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Yeah! Awesome. More Ness bait (get it?).

Is Ness supposed to be super amazing in doubles? I remember making a three stock come back against a a relatively good team in friendlies last Saturday. "It was your character" was their john, I wanna know if it's legit.
Yeah... Ness is a monster in doubles. Partly because he can stock tank due to healing... *coughshakycough*

Same for Lucas, I guess. That's sort of an odd thing for them to say, though.

Levitas

the moon
I hear that ness is better in doubles than singles consistently.

I do not hear that ness is good in doubles.

No johns are legit, that's why they're johns ;)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
if i'm playing a different game, like street fighter or pokemon, and i win the battle, then he says "my controller wasn't working" or something like that, if i say "no johns", will he understand what i am talking about? (he knows nothing about smash community)

Levitas

the moon
Welcome to the ness boards :)

Please use the edit button in the lower right part of your post instead of double posting in the future.

A "john" is jargon for an excuse that someone makes for playing bad/losing/etc

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you kill someone earlier than they should have died, almost exclusively offstage.

"I hit him at 10% offstage and he was not able to recover"

"I threw him off and spiked him when he had 30%"

"I hit him with an aerial and he lost his second jump"

fragbait

Smash Master
@ DMG: Wassup? Didn't know you played Ness. Especially YOU DMG, I've NEVER seen you play him xD Ness dittos at MLG Colombus?
joking, I know better than to mess with DMG xP

@Today: :D <3
And, yes, very true on the Doubles thing. The Earthbound duo is AWESOME in teams, as I stated in the Doubles thread. Team OM NOM NOM NOM anyone?

Meccs

@Meccs_
So, is Ness's rise in popularity (from what I've seen recently, and though it's not like a huge surge or anything) only good? What bad could come from people finally realizing how awesome he is? Are people actually gonna know the matchup now? :p

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Ness ISN'T that easily gimped if you know what your doing .__.
Oh dear.. I'm sorry..

I guess I play characters that can easily gimp Ness and seen him gimped pretty easily by things like cape. I also play Olimar, Ness, and GnW. I can toss a Pikmin and render PK Thunder useless therefore gimped. GnW can bucket, and Ness has PSI Magnet. Along side with Lucas. I'm not saying he's horribad or anything. But he is pretty gimpable compared to most characters on the roster. He's not as bad as Olimar..

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So, is Ness's rise in popularity (from what I've seen recently, and though it's not like a huge surge or anything) only good? What bad could come from people finally realizing how awesome he is? Are people actually gonna know the matchup now? :p
Maybe a little more-so than before. But pretty much what the mindset of most people (at least from what I've seen) is:

A. Get Ness offstage
B. Try to gimp
C. Grab releases

Oh dear.. I'm sorry..

I guess I play characters that can easily gimp Ness and seen him gimped pretty easily by things like cape. I also play Olimar, Ness, and GnW. I can toss a Pikmin and render PK Thunder useless therefore gimped. GnW can bucket, and Ness has PSI Magnet. Along side with Lucas. I'm not saying he's horribad or anything. But he is pretty gimpable compared to most characters on the roster. He's not as bad as Olimar..
I don't think so at all. If you're getting gimped by cape or arrows or something like that, you need to figure out what to do to mix it up. Recover low, save your double jump.

I hardly ever get gimped anymore. I'd say it's just practice, you learn what gimps and what to do against it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You wanna know how I gimp Ness? I scare players to use his recovery early, and I go take the full blown PKT2 hit, SDI and DI down into the stage lip if it would normally kill me, and tech.

_clinton

Smash Master
So, I wonder who has more issues with recovery than Ness? Also how on earth do people think Lucas is easy to gimp?

Underload

Lazy
You wanna know how I gimp Ness? I scare players to use his recovery early, and I go take the full blown PKT2 hit, SDI and DI down into the stage lip if it would normally kill me, and tech.
Then one could potentially NOT become scared and just use PKT at the normal time (or whatever you deem to not be 'early').

o average theorycraft

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Which is why I COME GUNS ABLAZING AND USE A FLURRY OF AERIALSSDJSADJADJLAJDA

I take the hit like a man

_clinton

Smash Master
PKT really is fun to mess around with when it comes to recovery moves, the thing has a start up time ranging from Fire Fox/Bird start up time to 2x+ the time of them really depending on how you use it (and I <3 PKT because of that).

You can really throw it out at pretty much high to low height and blast off from it if high: high or low (if you get my point).

What I'm saying is you can be hard to predict with it if done right unlike some other recovery moves in this game (as in 90% of them).

Uffe

Smash Hero
You're better off just tossing your bike on top of Ness when he tries to recovery. But what am I talking about? You'd have to be silly to recover so low. By the way, I'm coming home tomorrow.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Maybe a little more-so than before. But pretty much what the mindset of most people (at least from what I've seen) is:

A. Get Ness offstage
B. Try to gimp
C. Grab releases
That's about my game plan, and it works. Of course, mine is slightly altered.

A. Keep Ness in the Air
B. Grab him
C. Usmash for damage, Uair for the kill.

DMG's way to gimp Ness is quite possibly the manliest way I've ever seen.

Top Bottom