• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Just watched someone unlock and run through classic with Ness.

Man tears might have been shed.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Important things I noticed on the leak stream relating to Ness:

They added sparkles to some of his moves.

His fair has a new animation where he leans forward and stick out his arm. The sparkle looks smaller than before, but it reaches much further. Still has multiple hits, but seems to connect better. This is a huge buff imo. It's like a combo of Ness and Lucas' fairs from brawl.

Dair has the brawl animation (or something that looks like it) with an extra sparkle at the bottom. Again another combo between Ness and lucas (it still seems to only have one hit).

Dash attacks sparkles look smaller but appear to be more disjointed. Might have the same overall range, but Ness' model is way smaller in this game.

Pk thunder looks bigger. Didn't see pkt2 (sorry simna bin laden).

Pk fire looks like it reaches futher.

Pk flash was never fully charged but it's still definitely faster than melee. Not sure about the comparison to brawl's pk flash, but I think it's faster.

D-smash looks faster too. U-smash seems to be the same as in brawl. Like in his dash attack, his overall hurtbox is smaller in relation to the range of these attacks.

F-tilt looked the same. =/

U-tilt looked like it had some sparkles to it, but it was hard to tell.

Bair looked like it had some extra range and uair seemed to have a new animation, but I couldn't get good looks at them.

Same airdodge animation. Still has sparkles on his dj.

His new sfx are hilarious and trolly. Sounds like a psychic arcade machine lol.

Was gonna drop him for duck hunt dog, but now I might be able to beat the **** out of people with him in this game. Magicant might be my new favorite banned stage lol.

Together we ride from melee is still in. Hype.

IMPORTANT EDIT: Please do not attempt to infer the knockback of moves when they are used in 1p mode. Try using pkt on any team fight on easy in melee or 64 and it'll look op in those games too. If pkt is not intagible in this game like in melee then it will still probably be a bad projectile. I really want to know his alternate special moves since it could fix a lot of his problems.

Last edited:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Looking at all the projectile heavy characters we have now I don't really see Ness being a good character unless he has custom moves that make him good or psi magnet got buffed. Or some super secret op glitch is found that he can exploit.

aralove

Smash Rookie
NNID
aralove
Looking at all the projectile heavy characters we have now I don't really see Ness being a good character unless he has custom moves that make him good or psi magnet got buffed. Or some super secret op glitch is found that he can exploit.
From what I saw it looked like PSI Magnet had a larger range and came out quicker. It still doesn't look like it does any damage, but that could happen with a custom move.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
From what I saw it looked like PSI Magnet had a larger range and came out quicker. It still doesn't look like it does any damage, but that could happen with a custom move.
The endlag of the move and whether the good projectiles in higher level play can be absorbed by it is more important. From what I saw it's definitely not good enough to deal with lasers from a good Falco in melee or brawl. It still has a near useless wind hitbox.

Hoezay

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hoezay
3DS FC
4055-2969-6824
I wonder how confused people in not Japan are gonna be when they see the mother thing with ninten outside his house in the background (cant post pics yet so cant show you yet)

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Like I had any doubt, but he is back looking as cool as ever! With complete new voice clips too which is good. I wonder what kind of gameplay differences he has? I hope he was buffed.

Now for Lucas...

aralove

Smash Rookie
NNID
aralove
Here's a couple of Ness' alternate costumes. The Mr. Saturn shirt returns along with what appears to be a blue Belch shirt.

EDIT: here's a better screenshot with the addition of Ness' red and white outfit along with a new checkerboard shirt.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
YES, WE BACK IN THERE! Loving the Belch shirt color, and nice to see the Saturn shirt color back, too. As if I wasn't already gonna keep Ness as my main. :p

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
OMG SOOOOO hype right now!!! i wake up to see all this beautiful Ness-ness
any word on if they changed his final smash?

Tikao

Smash Ace
Magicant is so awesome ... screw those competitive stages, Magicant it is xD
but ness doesn't seem like super-buffed to me, more like a middle of the pack charakter at best (which would still be a buff xD)

haven't seen much of pk-flash, hope it's not useless

pkt1 is bigger and potential killmove (!) now

fair has a diffrent animation, he leans forward, which gives him possibly more range forward, but also extends his hurtbox
the hitbox itself might be smaller, but it's probadly just looking like that because of the new animation

dashattack seems way faster now, the hitboxes are smaller (or just look like it like with fair), but there is less time between them, might be a good move

dair has a fair-like sparkle which could mean a bigger hitbox

dsmash/usmash seem to be slightly faster and reach slightly further but has still tons of endlag if you miss with both

fsmash seemed to be slightly faster, but still slow (maybe it's stronger, haven't seen it hitting someone)

pk-fire projectile is definitely faster, so it also reaches further and since you can't sdi moves as easy anymore (or at all), this move might be awesome now

down-b is bigger, comes out faster and has less endlag when you cancel it

utilt has possibly more range to the side

pkt2 looks quite unchanged, i don't know about the damage/killpower or if the range gets cut in half it it hits something, but it is still "kinda" short-ranged and takes the same time to hit yourself with the pkt1, so it is probadly still one of the worst recoveries in the game

nair/uair/bair seem like the same for me
same with dtilt/ftilt

and haven't seen any of his grabs/throws

just some early thoughts about him, i don't know about the damage, but he seems buffed (but not by much though)
everything i wrote there might be just wrong, that's just how he seemed to me after watching some games with him

he still looks like more of an aerial-based charakter and his ground-options are still slow (maybe his grabs are still awesome)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Woot! So happy about Ness' return! We got all the original 12. :D

Here's a couple of Ness' alternate costumes. The Mr. Saturn shirt returns along with what appears to be a blue Belch shirt.

EDIT: here's a better screenshot with the addition of Ness' red and white outfit along with a new checkerboard shirt.
I love these, especially the third one.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
We're not seeing anything thus far on any alt colors of other character representations.

ShyGuy16

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Juliansg16
3DS FC
0516-7704-2697
I practically cried. When the background of Magicant ripped away and showed one of my favorite scenes from Earthbound, my heart shot up a few feet in the air. I had hype, but I wasn't ready for it all the same.
Also very happy to see that his moveset hasn't changed oodles, even if the way they work and attack might have.

Requiem Strider

Smash Rookie
NNID
Requiem_Strider
3DS FC
0044-3073-6859
Does anyone know if they changed his victory theme? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Looks like I will be using Ness more often now that Lucas is cut. You bet I will be using his customized moves too that were Lucas' quite often.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
He looks amazing, I am so hyped for everything about him, including Magicant. PSI Magnet is HUGE now, and PK Fire travels so much farther.

Shroob

Sup?
Magicant that references both Mother 1+2? Check
Magicant/Eight Melodies + Smiles and Tears? Check
Ness with a Master Belch shirt? Check

This is the best Mother representation EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom