• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Any leaked news of Ness's specials yet? I want to know if he got Lucas's or not. Same goes for Fox and Falco with Wolf's specials.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Well, welcome back, Ness! Hopefully you get PSI Rockin' and PK Freeze as custom moves...

Although I kind of figured he (or at least someone from Mother/EarthBound) would return since he's unique and there isn't really a good reason for removing him (at least in my opinion), I felt like he would be cut just to disprove the persistent "Original 12 WILL NEVER BE CUT" mentality, since he almost was outright replaced in Super Smash Bros. Melee by Lucas (who we did get in Super Smash Bros. Brawl). In one way, despite the coolness of each and every veteran (well, Jigglypuff..sigh), I kind of want to see a veteran cut just to see what would happen...although on the other hand, actually seeing a veteran getting cut would be just plain wrong; I mean, they're classic! :x

In any case, I'm glad Ness is back because he's cool and what-not, although I really wish that his "jumping/aerial maneuvering sounds" from Super Smash Bros. 64 returned; they were so distinctive! Also, his victory theme really needs to be the pre-Brawl version; the change was just...not good/unwarranted, in my opinion.

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
FINALLY! I've got my second most used character! I knew he'd return, but man is it great to finally see my guy Ness back. Can't wait to play him on Wii U, and his alts are awesmazing.

joniho

Smash Cadet
(repost from the thread Ryan linked)

Just to clarify some of Icy_Eagle's descriptions:
(names marked with * were pulled out of my butt, because localization)

BY THE WAY:
These specials ARE B-Reversible. Rejoice!

------

Neutral B-1:
PK Flash
- 37% damage (fully charged from the ground)

Neutral B-2:
ライジングPKフラッシュ
(Rising PK Flash)
- 24% damage (fully charged from the ground)
- Travels upward twice as high as normal PK Flash, but does not come back down
- Starts extremely slow but speeds up slightly
- Little horizontal control
- Hot-pink colored

Neutral B-3: :lucas:
PKフリーズ
(PK Freeze)
- 19% damage (fully charged from the ground)
- Same trajectory/control as normal PK Flash (not as far/fast as Lucas's)
- Freezes (like Lucas's PK Freeze)

------

Side B-1:
PK Fire
- 20% if all hits connect

Side B-2:
PKフレイムピラー
(PK Flame Pillar)
As Icy_Eagle said:
- 35% if all hits connect (if terrible DI)
- Less range, slower, more ending lag
- Knocks opponent up at an angle
- Taller (it's a pillar, yo)

Side B-3: :lucas:
ふっとびすPKファイヤー
(Pushy* PK Fire)
- First hit for 1%, second hit for 9% with knockback
- Travels much further
- Shoots horizontally when used in the air (same as Lucas's)

------

Up B-1:
PK Thunder
- PKT1: 8% damage
- PKT2: 25% damage

Up B-2: :lucas:
貫通PKサンター
(Piercing* PK Thunder)
- PKT1: First hit 7% with knockback, possible to link the tail for 3 hits of 1%
- PKT2: Point-blank deals 22% damage with multiple hits (yep, Lucas's PK Thunder)
- Dark purple-colored

Up B-3:
ビッグPKサンダー
(Big PK Thunder)
- PKT1: 12% damage
- PKT2: 30% damage
- Very large
- Very good knockback
- Extremely slow and difficult to steer
- PKT2 distance noticeably shorter (between 50% and 75% of a normal PKT2)
- Green! (pretty much the lovechild of PK Thunder and PK Flash)

------

Down B-1:
PSI Magnet
- No damage
- On release, pushes away nearby opponents

Down B-2:
吸引サイアタック
(Suction* PSI Attack)
- On release, 10% damage close to center, 5% damage on edge
- Pulls opponent towards you while held
- Cannot absorb projectiles

Down B-3: :lucas:
フロントサイマグネット
(Front PSI Magnet)
- On release, 9% damage
- Same size as new PSI Magnet (BIG)
- Need to test if it turns Ness automatically when projectiles come from behind

------
NOTES ABOUT PSI MAGNETS:
- If you use PSI Magnet immediately after a jump from the ground, Ness will hover up slightly.
- If you use PSI Magnet immediately after his second jump, it will halt all momentum (seems to work only from a certain frame)
- If you release B at any point before landing (regardless of the "exiting PSI Magnet" animation), you will have no landing lag
------

Last edited:

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if PK Fire activates on shield? It seems like Robin's Arc Fire does, so I'm hoping Ness does so as well

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Gotta say, Ness looks good from what I've seen. Mega Man and Pikachu will be nice hold overs until 10/3 when I can unlock him.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Well Lucas lives through Ness with the custom moves.
That doesn't make it any better. We still missed out on all the unique aerials, tilts, and smashes he had. He was unique for a reason and the custom moves took even some of that from him.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Well Lucas lives through Ness with the custom moves.
I like how they kept him alive though I am disappointed that Ness is now a single rep again just like Captain Falcon it was nice to see two reps from the Mother trilogy but now all the popular series are getting reps (Mario, Fire Emblem) while others are losing reps (Mother, Star Fox) it seems like favouritism, but who knows maybe he will come with a worldwide release of Mother 3 I mean its not like it wouldn't sell, Earthbound for example is sitting at the 5th spot on the best selling downloaded games on the Wii U virtual console.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I like how they kept him alive though I am disappointed that Ness is now a single rep again just like Captain Falcon it was nice to see two reps from the Mother trilogy but now all the popular series are getting reps (Mario, Fire Emblem) while others are losing reps (Mother, Star Fox) it seems like favouritism, but who knows maybe he will come with a worldwide release of Mother 3 I mean its not like it wouldn't sell, Earthbound for example is sitting at the 5th spot on the best selling downloaded games on the Wii U virtual console.
Maybe but Reggie is a crying gopherface that doesn't like MOTHER. Just for that, lets all take pics of Ness burning Reggie's Mii with PK Fire and send them to him as some form of propaganda saying WE WANT MOTHER 3! Not that I like M3 but I know billions do.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Maybe but Reggie is a crying gopherface that doesn't like MOTHER. Just for that, lets all take pics of Ness burning Reggie's Mii with PK Fire and send them to him as some form of propaganda saying WE WANT MOTHER 3! Not that I like M3 but I know billions do.
I hate the fact they won't release it, they gave us xenoblade so why not nearly 10 years of begging and they couldn't give a damn. Lucas was the one bit of Mother 3 merchandise we could have got worldwide, this being his amiibo I would have bought one and I am pretty ure others would have too. But the main theory that drives this home is, Lucas hasn't been found as a trophy (yet) they also joked about Star Fox guess what new Star fox so if for what ever reason this is a hint we might see Lucas and Wolf return, Takamaru got revealed when his game was announced so ;) You Never know =^D

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The comment section on this beautiful music piece alone shows that Lucas should be in as DLC and the Lucas thread just got locked too :'(
I was so happy when I heard this....<3 Ness may be alone this time around, but they gave him one of the best stages ever...and to top it, amazing music.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Hey guys, long time no see!

I recognize a few of you from the Brawl boards. I hope we all get along.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I was so happy when I heard this....<3 Ness may be alone this time around, but they gave him one of the best stages ever...and to top it, amazing music.
No they did give him the best stage ever, It is going to be my favourite stage upon release. Both music pieces are wonderful and Ness has some really adorable voice clips this time round can't wait to see him in HD :D

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
No they did give him the best stage ever, It is going to be my favourite stage upon release. Both music pieces are wonderful and Ness has some really adorable voice clips this time round can't wait to see him in HD :D
With Lucas cut, my guy Ness is the only one to represent Mother. Still, you are right. Magicant (along with the songs) have proven to be a superior stage to all of the others in the Smash Franchise. Who would have thought that Ness would have gotten the best stage? It truly is amazing. It's simply is a masterpiece of a stage, and a love letter to Mother fans.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Awestin is doing awesome in tourney locator's invitational bracket with Ness right now if anyone is interested. http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator

Edit: Tourney is over, however those of you looking for gameplay can go here. It's a swiss tourney with every game streamed so it shouldn't be too difficult to find some Ness gameplay.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
With Lucas cut, my guy Ness is the only one to represent Mother. Still, you are right. Magicant (along with the songs) have proven to be a superior stage to all of the others in the Smash Franchise. Who would have thought that Ness would have gotten the best stage? It truly is amazing. It's simply is a masterpiece of a stage, and a love letter to Mother fans.
I think Onett was wonderful too (Best stage in Melee in my opinion) but New pork city wasn't the best but I guess Sakurai thought that Onett was small he would give the Mother franchise a large stage. And if Ness had got a horrible stage this time round I would have just thought nah Nintendo don't give a damn about the Mother series, but thankfully they gave us two awesome remix's, New adorable voice clips for Ness and a buff, a beautiful looking stage Overall Ness is looking to be the first character I unlock and as soon as I get him I'm taking that sucker online where I shall "Show them my moves:4falcon:" still it's a shame about the single rep shenanigans and the fact there still isn't even a trophy of Lucas. I wanted to face people as the earthbound duo again to.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
*sniffs* SAKURAI WHY, YOU...YOU HURT THE FANBASE EVEN MORE? WITH THIS? ;_; This...Isn't fair.

By any chance, does anyone know what Lucas's trophy description say?
Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring somewhere right now. Or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No, no, that feels too soon. To fans of the MOTHER series, both Lucas and Ness might be young boys for all eternity.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring somewhere right now. Or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No, no, that feels too soon. To fans of the MOTHER series, both Lucas and Ness might be young boys for all eternity.
Are you Fu**ing kidding me there's a joke about him adventuring somewhere else basically saying yeah he's gone get over it, Or perhaps, PERHAPS means this is hinting to Mother 3 getting released over here with some Lucas DLC. For the love of Groose please this be the reason. :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom