• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness, Lucario, Jigglypuff essentially confirmed

Luigi player

Smash Master
Hmm... ShortFuse downloaded the video when it arrived and uploaded it on youtube. I just watched the video (again), to see the icons at the sticker album, but didn't see them.

It might be that this is fake. The offical video has been put up new? Well, maybe there were just some people that faked those screenshots?!

cheezysnacks

Smash Cadet
The icons are still there on the original video... you just have to play/pause ur way through to them.

Edit... and there is no half a helmet next to ness, and lucas

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
Hmm... ShortFuse downloaded the video when it arrived and uploaded it on youtube. I just watched the video (again), to see the icons at the sticker album, but didn't see them.

It might be that this is fake. The offical video has been put up new? Well, maybe there were just some people that faked those screenshots?!

For goodness sakes. Read the first 5 pages of the topic. In order for this to be fake, about 20 different people would have had to gone to the Wii website and seen the trailer and then lie on the boards.
This is either the most massive conspiracy in the world, or confirmation.

Dais

Smash Cadet
Awesomeness! Clone-like characters means a bigger roster! Also, FALCO's chances just got alot better. Krystal or not. If Ness is in Falco better have his tail feathers in there too! I wish they would have highlighted some more stickers now lol. For the Klap-Trap sticker: they have been in more francises than DKCountry I think . . . so maybe anyone can equip those.

Lucas_User

Smash Journeyman

No, its not fake.
He uploaded it when it first came out.
After the DOJO!! update with Equipable Stickers, they edited the video to show who you can equip the stickers to. Here's a video on YouTube that someone put up after Nintendo edited the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfb2l-iYlRo
But after Nintendo saw their mistake and everyone found out about it, they re-edited the video again to show nothing in the spaces.

ace_skoot

Smash Rookie
this news is sweet, well done to all those people who saw this and figured it all out, i never look at these things so closely. to be honest i can't imagine anyone with and original move set getting bumped, and we now know that Lucus isn't replacing Ness, hopefully this logic works with mewtwo and lucario too. So things are looking good for ct. falcon and Marth imo.

(and yay well come back Jiggly!)

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
You know the Animal Crossing one could be confirming Ness too, not an AC representative (though I'm 90% sure we'll have one). I mean, Ness was hidden and uses magic. Also that pic was shown in the Dojo. I believe that one is for Ness as I don't see ANY AC representative using Magic... O.o

Luigi player

Smash Master
Okay... lol but why did they update it to show who can equip the stickers? Are they really that dumb or did they want to leak something to us? ...strange.

PWtCB

Smash Cadet

I checked the video in the screenshot for the first time and I didnt saw anything so I thought that these guys were full of ****, but then I watched more closely a second time, often pausing. And there they were! Ness is coming back and also a funny headed dark pokemon (possibly lucario but I dont want to say that im certain it is him because the image is not clear) . The image pops very fast so you need to pause and unpause often to catch the image. BTW Jigglypuff was already leaked by Sakurai, so it was already confirmed.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
You know the Animal Crossing one could be confirming Ness too, not an AC representative (though I'm 90% sure we'll have one). I mean, Ness was hidden and uses magic. Also that pic was shown in the Dojo. I believe that one is for Ness as I don't see ANY AC representative using Magic... O.o
There WILL be an AC rep.
Count on it.
These characters were confirmed this way, why not AC?

Okay... lol but why did they update it to show who can equip the stickers? Are they really that dumb or did they want to leak something to us? ...strange.
Maybe to get some attention towards these characters...
Maybe it was a mistake.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I must admit that at first I didn't believe this, but I've gotta say, either the entire internets are trying to play a big joke on me, or Ness, Lucario and Jiggs are all really in the game. This is very happy news indeed.

This is a good day.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
I figured out a trick to the video. I'm watching it now and it doesn't show anything but when you click on the scroll bar that rewinds and fast forwards the video it stops right on the pictures your showing us!!!! Do it, it works! Click right on 4:20 and 4:21 those pictures are there.

Granetdud

Smash Cadet
I just saw the original video, it's on Brawl Central, all I can say is... oh I'm too excited to say anything, welcome back Ness!

Luigi player

Smash Master
I figured out a trick to the video. I'm watching it now and it doesn't show anything but when you click on the scroll bar that rewinds and fast forwards the video it stops right on the pictures your showing us!!!! Do it, it works! Click right on 4:20 and 4:21 those pictures are there.
lol! It works XD

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Maybe it only shows the icons of the characters you unlocked. And with the Ness picture there is still room for more icons, and on the Pokemon one there is room for 1 more, so this shouldnt disconfirm Claus, Meowto I dont know cause I think Lucario will be replacing him, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Rash

Smash Ace
Well, considering that the Dojo keeps updating with info that's already been released by an external source, looks like we'll be getting three character updates pretty soon. :D

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Gentlemen...I cannot find an angle to crack this one apart. If this is legit, here's the new questions this brings up.

What is Ness's moveset?
...Who the heck is Lucario? I haven't played Pokemon since grade school, lost track after Gold/Silver.
Will they quickly be released because this leak got out ALA DK, or are they hidden as Jigglypuff always has been?

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
Maybe it only shows the icons of the characters you unlocked. And with the Ness picture there is still room for more icons, and on the Pokemon one there is room for 1 more, so this shouldnt disconfirm Claus, Meowto I dont know cause I think Lucario will be replacing him, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Probably... Lucario isn't anything like Mewtwo.

But it bugs me because that leak appeared last night and if it wasn't, nobody noticed it.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Gentlemen...I cannot find an angle to crack this one apart. If this is legit, here's the new questions this brings up.

What is Ness's moveset?
...Who the heck is Lucario? I haven't played Pokemon since grade school, lost track after Gold/Silver.
Will they quickly be released because this leak got out ALA DK, or are they hidden as Jigglypuff always has been?
This is Lucario.

Its a fighting/steel Pokemon that also starred in a movie. Its quite popular.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
they would have left it up until someone noticed

do you think Nintendo would be that careless? The game comes out in a week, this is a hype building thing, make us think we "beat the man" when actually they planned it.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ness returns! My main returns! Along with Jigglypuff and Lucario.

Wonder where that leaves Claus and Mewtwo :O

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I don't understand this whole "Roster is gonig to suck" thing. Firstly, people are talking as if a particular leak is true. What? Just because he got Jiggly, Ness, and Lucario? Well, well done to him for picking those three absolutely obscure characters. One of the most popular Pokemon characters and two characters that were in the prvious games? How did he ever get that?

Regardless, no leak is real until the game is out.

And secondly, how can anyone say that the roster is crappy? Look at it! We've got as many newcomers as vets, and most of, if not all of them, are awesome characters!

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't understand this whole "Roster is gonig to suck" thing. Firstly, people are talking as if a particular leak is true. What? Just because he got Jiggly, Ness, and Lucario? Well, well done to him for picking those three absolutely obscure characters. One of the most popular Pokemon characters and two characters that were in the prvious games? How did he ever get that?

Regardless, no leak is real until the game is out.

And secondly, how can anyone say that the roster is crappy? Look at it! We've got as many newcomers as vets, and most of, if not all of them, are awesome characters!
Wolf and ROB would form a vortex of pure suck, absorbing and destroying the quality of all those near them, a spreading disease that will soon leave only the most badass character remaining alive.
Young Link.

Anyway, I guess you are right about the leaks... I never followed those at all, but when these news arrived and everyone started talking about rosters with 35 characters and Wolf and Rob, no Ridley or anything, I guess I kinda lost my mind. >_>

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
Wow! This is great! I love Lucario and Ness is my ssb64 main. I don't really care for Jiggs but I'm still glad he/she/it is in.

Sinistar

Smash Journeyman
But how can you deny an official website?

It's like saying you saw a nuclear bomb on the official CIA website on a video but you dont believe it.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell is ROB?! Why do people keep saying his name??! Do they actually think that if any enemy from the SSE makes the roster its gunna be a little lacky like a ROB (Thats like adding a goomba to the roster.... no. It'd be the ancient minister) or is it just a character I've never heard of?

Top Bottom