• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness boards 'combo' video. MMMmmmm, steak! *updates*

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
hey i want on in on this! haha

not be rude to the many people that have no means of combating agaisnt other humans but im with sage (and surely, many others) on this one, please no wifi vids. ive putten some wifi clips in my videos before just cause of the funny random moments wifi can bring up but you should know that wifi is, if not, the ultimate john.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I think WiFi should be allowed, but it's like planking. It's hard to regulate when WiFi is okay and when it's bad. So just get rid of all of it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Okay, okay. A lot of people are still debating with this wifi or no wifi. We all know wifi is lame and stuff, but for this video, I say both online and offline and in the near future, whenever someone else decides to make a video compilation with Ness, offline only.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Though I'm still siding with offline only, it would be best to first see if the offline footage alone can cover the desired time of the video. If there isn't, then I see no reason why wifi wouldn't be reasonable. But yeah, offline footage should get more priority.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Um, why are you arguing about this? It was Man of Popsicle's idea, and his first post says wifi is allowed.
It's not like the video is official or anything :p

Besides, Chrono abandoned us (Where are you CHRONO!?! I still need us to register our Wii #s together!!! :()

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah. :(
I'll never make the deadline for replays because I can't contact him.

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
Maaaan, I'd love to contribute to making this happen. but I really don't have reliable internet. The only way I could accept replays from you guys is from files transferred to my SD card.

Hmm hmm hmm I'll see what happens first.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Maaaan, I'd love to contribute to making this happen. but I really don't have reliable internet. The only way I could accept replays from you guys is from files transferred to my SD card.

Hmm hmm hmm I'll see what happens first.
Chrono might be able to dl what you can transfer on SD when you upload them as a .bin file. It's a .bin file, right? I'm just wondering where he's at. I wonder if he got a new game for his PSP. DX

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Chrono might be able to dl what you can transfer on SD when you upload them as a .bin file. It's a .bin file, right? I'm just wondering where he's at. I wonder if he got a new game for his PSP. DX
I could do that. So how can I upload various files and share them on the 'net?

Uffe

Smash Hero
I could do that. So how can I upload various files and share them on the 'net?
If I'm reading this correctly, the .bin files can't be played on your computer. At least I don't think they can since the replays aren't really actual replays. What I mean is is that some people have had their replays mess up. Like they'd save it and it'd play differently. Sometimes the winner would be the one who ends up losing the match when he/she shouldn't have because that's not what happened. I can't really explain it well. Of course I do believe if you have an SD card, you can download the .bin files and transfer them to your Wii and view them on Brawl, though an easier way would be to just send the replays via friend codes.

By the way, you'd need to get something like GameBridge to transfer them on your computer if you wanted them to be a video file. That's how you get some videos of people playing Brawl without a shaky camera or speech and button mashing in the background.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
If I'm reading this correctly, the .bin files can't be played on your computer. At least I don't think they can since the replays aren't really actual replays. What I mean is is that some people have had their replays mess up. Like they'd save it and it'd play differently. Sometimes the winner would be the one who ends up losing the match when he/she shouldn't have because that's not what happened. I can't really explain it well.
I don't know the true details, but the weird replays are caused by grabbing a sticker during the match.

I have a request. Since Chrono is so hard to contact, could some who has registered his Wii # and FC be the go-between for the replays? We would send them to you, and you would send them to him.
I really wanna be in this:(

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
If I'm reading this correctly, the .bin files can't be played on your computer. At least I don't think they can since the replays aren't really actual replays. What I mean is is that some people have had their replays mess up. Like they'd save it and it'd play differently. Sometimes the winner would be the one who ends up losing the match when he/she shouldn't have because that's not what happened. I can't really explain it well. Of course I do believe if you have an SD card, you can download the .bin files and transfer them to your Wii and view them on Brawl, though an easier way would be to just send the replays via friend codes.

By the way, you'd need to get something like GameBridge to transfer them on your computer if you wanted them to be a video file. That's how you get some videos of people playing Brawl without a shaky camera or speech and button mashing in the background.
Oh yeah, I asked about this in the Computer Cafe. The replays are not videos of the match. They are actually a series of recorded button inputs that were done during the match. That's why picking up a sticker will change things. So for instance, in the match if Ness is standing next to Meta Knight and picks up a sticker, the game records that as Ness pressing A, next to Meta Knight. Stickers are not shown in replays, so in the playback this action is manifested as a jab. Ness hitting Meta Knight with an attack creates an alternate timeline and changes the future (outcome) of the match.

...Brawl is such a weird game sometimes. But yeah, you can't just save it to an SD Card. You need a dazzle... splitter... something or other to upload replays.

On another note... Chrono, where you at!?

If no one else can before next Friday, I could be the go-between person, I have Chrono's number and I get Wifi back on the 6th of March. Just spam my Wii and I'll forward them. Hope it won't be too late by then...

BlackMateria7

Smash Rookie
I have some video replys that I have recorded but I don't have a memory card but until I do get one I will send them through, some were by accident but it looks like they planned out. So until I get one, I always wondered if it only can be transfered to an memory card, what about a flashdrive.... I doubt it since that slot is for a keyboard but I doubt that that works, it sounds silly as I am typing it now.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
On antother note... Chrono, where you at!?

If no one else can before next Friday, I could be the go-between person, I have Chrono's number and I get Wifi back on the 6th of March. Just spam my Wii and I'll forward them. Hope it won't be too late by then...
Thanks for stepping up to the plate Neon! You can expect spam from me on March 6th XD

I just hope Chrono isn't making the video with the replays that he already got :ohwell:
Most of us never got to send him anything 'cause he's so dang hard to contact.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Chrono? Chrono?!?! CHRONOOOOOO!!!!11!1
I hope he extends the deadline. :(

Considering it's impossible to contact him. :ness2:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Isn't it impossible to transfer already sent data to another player? Say you got it from me. Isn't it impossible for you to take my replays and send them to Chrono? Because if I do recall correctly, it isn't possible for you to do this.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Isn't it impossible to transfer already sent data to another player? Say you got it from me. Isn't it impossible for you to take my replays and send them to Chrono? Because if I do recall correctly, it isn't possible for you to do this.
Dang, I didn't think about that. I think you can transfer data, but that's just a guess:ohwell:

Unfortunately, I think we can pretty much forget about Chrono(though we'll probably never forget the traitor:psycho: ). Does anyone have enough Youtube knowledge to volunteer?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Chrono's still doing this right? Well he said he will delay it again due to schoolwork. More time for epicness. Yayz.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I wish I could do this stuff. If I could, I'd be posting a lot of matches with my brother and I.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I don't think I'll be contacting Chrono any time soon... oh well. :(

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
do we even have an e-mail for chrono?
Cause i have my sd card with the bin files but idk where to send them to lol

Uffe

Smash Hero
I saw Chrono on All is Brawl today. :confused: And if he can't do it, I was really hoping xoxokev would. His other video was really good.

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
I never watched your video till today, looked great. at least on my pc at home.. Didn't get to watch all of it and im in school now, for whatever reason it looks low quality on macs and idk how to change it.

But if you took the responsibility kev I'm sure itll be a great video :3

Shaky

Smash Ace
If Chrono does not want to do it, then xoxo can take over. Also, I miss the red moon Levitas D:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
New avatar makes me rethink the way moons look.

Quick everyone, whine and complain, he might give in and do the video. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom