• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness boards 'combo' video. MMMmmmm, steak! *updates*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
I thought it'd be cool to have our boards create a combo video, and it seems some of you did as well. So here is a thread. yay.

First, we need people willing to take replays from people and cut up the videos.
We need people who have replays.
We need a title and music.
And we need member collaboration.

All member's who have capability to send decent replays will be included, and it we will include the member's desired name to be shown on screen as their section of video starts.
Anyone care to work on this?
And any title suggestions?

shoot.

EDIT: PM/VM me if you'd like to help with something besides giving footage.

EDIT: The videos can be online, offline, vs. humans, vs. CPU's, whatever. So long as it's cool. No special brawls pl0x, and no damage ratios aside from 1.0, no items either.

EDIT: Chrono_Cross will help with filming.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I lack the ability to record videos. I can only get some replays of my Ness if that's the suggestion. If I had something like GameBridge, I would have made a Ness compilation video with either the title "Mute Your Mind" or "The Boy Who Flashes His Opponents." Yes, the second one is supposed to be funny and mostly PK Flash killing his opponents. If this does happen, let's avoid calling it a "combo" video, please. Also, this track.

bLiNd - Snowbound

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Sounds like a great idea in theory, but seriously.
Someone needs to film this. And that would be a lot of trouble, we'd be lucky if we found anyone.
I can only provide replays and music suggestions at the moment. :laugh:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Actually, I have two people in mind. Ref and xoxokev. Of course I'm sure they wouldn't want some online ones, so I've got some offline ones.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
That's a good song, Uffe, but it's sorta serene for a Ness compilation.

We need a song like THIS!

We should name the video "This. Is. MadNess."

...Cheah.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
That's a good song, Uffe, but it's sorta serene for a Ness compilation.

We need a song like THIS!

We should name the video "This. Is. MadNess."

...Cheah.
Dude, weren't you just against puns in the title? :laugh:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
EB360 suggested, "The Major Psychic Psycho". That one sounds awesome and it fits Ness. :psycho:
No idea where that came from. :confused:
Ness is a pretty calm guy... for the first 5 seconds of a match.
Good name.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Copy and paste is the easiest way I'm pretty sure it is an alt code.

I just open up microsoft word and look for it in symbols.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
No idea where that came from. :confused:
Ness is a pretty calm guy... for the first 5 seconds of a match.
Good name.
It's an enemy in late game Earthbound.

I'd like this, but I cant be a part of it if no wifi is allowed. I dunno where you guys find good people so often outside of tournies...

Uffe

Smash Hero
I doubt any of these will get a good listen.

Alphazone - Flashback
This Hard Trance theme is bad ***!

BT - Never Gonna Come Back Down

I'm suddenly reminded why I shouldn't even post that song up. Why did they have to put a good song in a video game?

Prodigy - Out of Space
Cool song, but I can see how this could probably get annoying to the viewers. :laugh: This remix of it sounds pretty cool, though.

Prodigy - Out of Space (Cut & Run Remix)

Orbital - Pants
Old school.

EDIT:

Though I'm no fan of online matches as much as I am offline matches, I agree with EB360. Some people can't find other Smashers offline. I think it'd only be fair if the ones who can't find offline Smasher could participate.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I vote for snowbound as well, but we should save it for next year's combo video, since that should be more epic. I think we should wait a year anyways (or at least until august).

Nobody here has mentioned my 0-death vs. Snake yet? D=

Uffe

Smash Hero
I'd love to just remix a song on my own and post it up. Of course with my other laptop being utter crap now, it doesn't look like it'll happen. D; Also, cool songs, AdmantNESS.

EDIT: thesage has a 0% death on Snake?!

Levitas

the moon
alt 937 is the code for omega, but it won't work in some text boxes.

⌐ <= what happens when I type it in smashboards

Ω <= what happens when I type it in gtalk and copy it over.

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
The Mario boards have done something similiar to this. If this is going to be a complilation of many Ness players make sure to give credit to the player in the vid as this vid does.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezxr3Th1ams

Anywho I'll get some vids of my Ness up that I've been wanting to share in two weeks hopefully you guys can hold out til then. :p

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, if there was no wi-fi, I'd be out.
I only have a few offline matches against a pretty bad Fox from Land O' Lakes' Bi-weeklies. But that was back when I only used Lucas.
So I wouldn't be eligible...

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
The Mario boards have done something similiar to this. If this is going to be a complilation of many Ness players make sure to give credit to the player in the cid as this vid does.
Lucas Boards also did a compilation, a month ago.

I could send some replays, but I need good ones first... As for music/song, why not check any of the many EarthBound remixes in Starmen.net or Ocremix.org? Starmen really has lots of great EarthBound/MOTHER remixes out there, even series like Rock Candy and Bound Together.

It all depends on the 'mood' or action of the video. Giygas/Pokey(Porky) fight, anyone? Maybe Kraken's theme or Sanctuary Battles...

Levitas

the moon
There are a few good kraken themes out there that I really like.

Snowbound's pretty good, but I don't know if it fits this.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Meh.

I feel like combos are easier to pull of on Wifi, but...

I mean, it does take some skill. I dunno if we should include it or not. :dizzy:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Combos dont exist anyways. As long as the wifi footage isnt plain obvious that it was due to some lag fluje or something like a stupid mistake I'd say it would be somewhat reasonable. We might be missing out on a bunch of goodies otherwise.

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
Though it would have been easier to gather more footage with online play, I'd have to agree with thesage that it shouldn't be included. Though there are some clips that might wow people when they first see it, they might disregard any skill involved if they found out it was online afterwards.
I advise that its best to leave it out if you want the complation vid to be taken seriously.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Though it would have been easier to gather more footage with online play, I'd have to agree with thesage that it shouldn't be included. Though there are some clips that might wow people when they first see it, they might disregard any skill involved if they found out it was online afterwards.
I advise that its best to leave it out if you want the complation vid to be taken seriously.
This. A sad truth it is.

Uffe

Smash Hero
There are a few good kraken themes out there that I really like.

Snowbound's pretty good, but I don't know if it fits this.
Yeah, I was listening to some Kraken remixes. Of course I can't really find any decent enough ones. I almost actually remixed one myself. It sounded really awesome! Of course I never finished it. The time signiture threw me off. I do believe there were parts where it was like 5/4 time. I could be wrong, but it sure seemed that way.

As for online, you could possibly seperate the two. Make the most of it offline and then the other have online. That's just a suggestion, though. Of course I'm not limited since I can fight Dryn on a daily basis. However, our matches last about three to four minutes for the most part which kind of isn't enough time to save. Plus, I don't know if I can really pull off anything interesting.

Also, use this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCQUwPIhWI&feature=related

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'll have to save more matches next time I go to that tourney... good thing it's monthly. :laugh:
I used Lucas too much back then. I'll see if I can get some.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Why did you stop using Lucas? Anyway, you seem pretty new, so welcome to the boards.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Ah just screw online. This should be taken as seriously as possible. I'll go to tournaments one day...

Uffe

Smash Hero
Ah just screw online. This should be taken as seriously as possible. I'll go to tournaments one day...
Sorry, EB360. I tried. :( I don't know. Maybe there are people at your school that play the game? If so, that'd be worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom