• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
how do you glide toss with Link? (i accidently put waveglide before lol. how failure of me)
Shield than c-stick direction while rolling forward or backward. C-stick must be used in the beginning as in the very beginning of the roll but distance varies w/ timing as each character has a different timing.

Which characters out-of-the-35 in Brawl seems to stand more of a chance against a pro G&W player in battle?
Marth would be my best guess although you can look for the thread that has a list made where it shows matchup disadvantages and advantages.

What's hugging mean?

And I mean brawl people.
Grabbing the edge quickly by running off and FF'ing. There are many methods to achieve this but that is what it is essentially.

Now does anybody know the answer to my question. Does MetaKnight have invinciblity frames on the beginning of his upB aka Shuttle Loop or is it just insane priority and speed?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure it's just speed and priority. Rob can spike it with dair.

Grunt

Smash Master
Heh I don't even know what WoP means.
Wall of Pain.
Essentially, jumping and bair/fair/nair ing with jiggs to constantly hit your opponent sideways into the blast zone.

EDIT: it isn't limited to jiggs, but in melee, jiggs had a WoP better than anyone else, even in brawl.

iamthelifeonmars

Smash Cadet
Is there a technical term for repeating your second jump infinitely by jumping just before landing (after a double jump, no aerials)? Is it still labeled "ISJR" (the term that I thought only applied to buffering the ending lang of an aerial or special into a jump) or is it something completely different? Also...is this known? I came across it on my own and I was surprised I had never heard of it before. I had posted a thread about this a day or two ago but barely anybody even viewed it, so I hope someone here can give me a quick answer

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Is there a technical term for repeating your second jump infinitely by jumping just before landing (after a double jump, no aerials)? Is it still labeled "ISJR" (the term that I thought only applied to buffering the ending lang of an aerial or special into a jump) or is it something completely different? Also...is this known? I came across it on my own and I was surprised I had never heard of it before. I had posted a thread about this a day or two ago but barely anybody even viewed it, so I hope someone here can give me a quick answer
SJR is only with aerials. ISJR is pplied to those aerials that you can hit the frame where you can buffer the jump after a double jump, thus they can be done infinitely.

I don't believe there is a way to do this without doing an aerial of some sort.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Alright, so Falco is my main, Luigi my secondary, and Marth/Ike/Sheik my thirds. Given these characters in mind, should I change the C-Stick to Tilts or keep it as Smashes? With Smash I can SDI (my DI is pretty good, and SDI benefits all my characters) but with Tilts I don't autofastfall my aerials (especially important for Falco). However, I've become used to using the C-Stick for Smashes. What should I do - keep my configuration (Smashes) or change for the sake of getting non-ff'ed aerials?

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
How can I help my scrub friend?
He plays Falco and refuses to try anything beyond hitting the A button, the Z button, the R button to roll and he uses the Fire Falco to recover, no matter what.

No amount of punishment will help him, it only makes him feel bad.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
How can I help my scrub friend?
He plays Falco and refuses to try anything beyond hitting the A button, the Z button, the R button to roll and he uses the Fire Falco to recover, no matter what.

No amount of punishment will help him, it only makes him feel bad.
Show him a video of Sethlon.

Okay maybe that sounds a little stupid, but it might raise his interest in learning to be a better player. If thats works, then show him some stuff on smashboards to help improve his game.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is serious: (no joke, so please...)

Will there ever be tests(whether written, verbal, or video proof, etc.) to rid this community of people that just can't have intelligent conversations and are holding back smashboards? I'm getting sick of some things...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
This is serious: (no joke, so please...)

Will there ever be tests(whether written, verbal, or video proof, etc.) to rid this community of people that just can't have intelligent conversations and are holding back smashboards? I'm getting sick of some things...
No. Probably not. 1st of all that would get rid of 95 percent of the members. Secondly proving that you're NOT an idiot means you can get into the BRoom. So then you wouldn't have to deal with all of us idiots. :laugh:

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
In "My Music" (either "Options - Sound - My Music" or "Options - My Music" ...I can't remember), go to the second page of stages. There will be an extra icon that looks like Brawl's main menu. From that icon, you can choose which music plays most often on the main menu by adjusting the sliders accordingly. If you've earned/found the Menu (Melee) CD, you'll have a slider for the Melee menu music in addition to the various Brawl themes.

brentlouis

Smash Journeyman
Please do not attack me about this out of place question. I do not know where to ask. How do u get your signature to be a picture

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Please do not attack me about this out of place question. I do not know where to ask. How do u get your signature to be a picture
SONIC PUNCH! XD

Alright. You need an image first of all. It has to be 125 x 550 MAX.

Then host it on a site like photobucket.

While it's hosted there will be a an option under it called IMG TAG. It should look something like

[ img ] http:/www.photobucket.com/ whatever [ /img]

Put that in your sig. Voila. Sig banner.

Edit: Wow. That actually came up as images when you clicked it. XD You get the idea though?

CookieCrisp

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, just a quick question here- What are the conditions under which you can record a match?

Sometimes it pops up and sometimes it doesn't, and this can get pretty frustrating after you play a great game and are unable to record it. Is there a certain length that it's limited at?

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Hey guys, just a quick question here- What are the conditions under which you can record a match?

Sometimes it pops up and sometimes it doesn't, and this can get pretty frustrating after you play a great game and are unable to record it. Is there a certain length that it's limited at?
It's limited to 3 minutes.

thank u tetrios

im gunna have two work on this

You're welcome.

Yoh avatar = win btw.

No one ever gets my name right T_T

Chi_Alchemist

Smash Rookie
I just became a member today :D

Anyways, when I heard of Kirbycide's SD-cancel, I decided to try it myself in Brawl... huge disappointment. It seemed not to work. =/ So I thought that perhaps all characters now made Kirby have 0 frames to SD-cancel. OK. So let's go to melee for some research. I tryed it with Bowser... incredibly easy. So I moved on to the Ice Climbers... being superfast at hitting a button repeatedly (Mario Party practice ^^), I tryed and was able to pull it off smoothly. Kirby next. Same thing.

So this is my question... it seems impossible to SD-cancel in Brawl. Is it? Thanks in advance! =)

TheGayAgenda

Smash Rookie
Can anyone give me suggestions on how to tilt easily? I really like Samus and Peach and they both have great tilts, but whenever I try to tilt (generally F or U) I end up smashing because in the heat of combat I don't want to waste a second wait for my control stick to move and get past the smash threshhold.

Note: Tap jump is off.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Can anyone give me suggestions on how to tilt easily? I really like Samus and Peach and they both have great tilts, but whenever I try to tilt (generally F or U) I end up smashing because in the heat of combat I don't want to waste a second wait for my control stick to move and get past the smash threshhold.

Note: Tap jump is off.
Move the stick about half-way instead of fully in the direction like you do when you smash attack. It might take you a little while to get it right but it gives you the same input speed as a smash attack.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't know.

Heated match:
Don't make me comma your asterisk into a bracket you dash!

Mewtario

Smash Ace
I cannot use sheilds/dodges effectively in my strategy, and would like to know what I can do to alter my all offense, occasionally hit-and-run strategy without making a change so large that I have trouble ajusting.

The Only time I use L or R to dodge is when Tabuu uses his off-waves.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
Do all the DI methods/techniques from Melee, apply in Brawl?
Normal DI and Smash DI are both in Brawl, but Automatic Smash DI is not.

I cannot use sheilds/dodges effectively in my strategy, and would like to know what I can do to alter my all offense, occasionally hit-and-run strategy without making a change so large that I have trouble ajusting.

The Only time I use L or R to dodge is when Tabuu uses his off-waves.
Practicing defense is important in Brawl, especially since shields have very little lag in Brawl. You should try to incorporate shielding, rolling, and spot dodging in every match you play. It might take a while to adjust, but it's worth it. Just remember not to spam rolling and spot dodging as that can be punished rather easily(unless your playing as ROB or something).

Mewtario

Smash Ace
Normal DI and Smash DI are both in Brawl, but Automatic Smash DI is not.

Practicing defense is important in Brawl, especially since shields have very little lag in Brawl. You should try to incorporate shielding, rolling, and spot dodging in every match you play. It might take a while to adjust, but it's worth it. Just remember not to spam rolling and spot dodging as that can be punished rather easily(unless your playing as ROB or something).
I almost always play play as Lucario.

Infact, I'd say main is an understatement.

I have yet to play as anyone besides him online.

Jif

Smash Rookie
Hey. My question is what is the best way to fight in a 4 player match with items turned on Medium, with a time limit of 2 mins with stages set to random?

My friends all agreed to a tournament, where we all put in $100 dollars, however since i won last time (No prizes that time V_V) i could not choose any of the rules, and as such they have tried to eliminate as much skill as possible to win :p

All i want is the money and do not care about any skill or cheapness i may have to use to win... What would be a good stratergy to go into this game with to increase my odds??

Should i camp with snake, picking on injured players, camp for items or as somebody else suggested spam pikachus thunder... or go into it the way i would a 1 vs 1, 3 stock and play the same?

If there are any faqs floating around that i missed please also send me in that direction

Thanks

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Hey. My question is what is the best way to fight in a 4 player match with items turned on Medium, with a time limit of 2 mins with stages set to random?

My friends all agreed to a tournament, where we all put in $100 dollars, however since i won last time (No prizes that time V_V) i could not choose any of the rules, and as such they have tried to eliminate as much skill as possible to win :p

All i want is the money and do not care about any skill or cheapness i may have to use to win... What would be a good stratergy to go into this game with to increase my odds??

Should i camp with snake, picking on injured players, camp for items or as somebody else suggested spam pikachus thunder... or go into it the way i would a 1 vs 1, 3 stock and play the same?

If there are any faqs floating around that i missed please also send me in that direction

Thanks

I really don't know...but good luck if a Bob-omb suddenly spawns beside your opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom