• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NECROMAFIA | Game Over! Shortest game in Dgames?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kev what did your role do yo

Soup you too

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
A bit unfair though. Plus I feel I could have just acted that way in that video. I was just frustrated and out of options so I took the unorthodox approach. I really want to host/play in a mafia game where videos are used with players. (I have a terrible poker face though!)

Speaking of which, me and Circus were talking and I am gonna ask here. Would anyone actually play in a game that allowed the video mechanic?

This town though. No love for J. :p

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Karys response was just like EEs in the Broom Mafia game recently where Mafia was pinned with gambits/ night actions. That's why I could only lol after her blow up

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So is this the shortest or is Donkey Kong Mafia the shortest? :p

BarDulL

Town Vampire
LOL Ran lets not talk about DKmafia...but I'm pretty sure DK mafia went on until like day 6 or day 5 (prolly day 5).

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
my blowup was more or less legit, though low on content

there's not a lot you can do when people are just gut-reading you / arguments are all wrong though

try and change that gutread I guess :/

would I've done that as town? no prolly not, I don't need to be alive that bad. Would've skipped straight to bargaining a la 'I will give you a case on J', get some good reads put out there for y'all

p.s. kary don't care what pronoun she gets

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Full solutions for the names, don't read if you're still guessing:

Robin Banks = Robbin' banks
Felix Cited = Feel excited
Donny Brook = donnybrook (lol, look it up, Zen)
Jenna Russ = Generous
Annalee Tickle = Analytical*
Bruce D'Frute = Bruised fruit
Even Jersey-Sembal = Avengers assemble
Hammer B. Mitey = Hammer be mighty**
Arthur Moore = Are there more?
Lisa Sedan = Lease a sedan
Rick Ettebridge = Rickety bridge
Kerry Abigstik = Carry a big stick

*The flavor for Annalee also reveals that she is a widow, which makes her title "Ms." So in addition to being Annalee Tickle, she is also Ms. Tickle, or "mystical." Get it? Two role-related meanings!

**Hammer is also the mayor of Falls Hollow, which makes his entire title Mayor Hammer B. Mitey, which in turn stretches "hammer be mighty" into "may your hammer be mighty."

THAT URL.

****S WITH MY SPOILER TAGS.

But I'm not changing it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
FRICKIN I don't know why I keep doing that.

Lol bardull.

<3 you all. More reason to go to Apex and chill.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
The Necromancer role is really cool. I would have liked to get it and then play the exact same. Kary I'm guessing you planned on just searching for your bud after no lynching? (You probably already said, but I haven't read yet). J we didn't think you were scum because of your ability to commit to the game. You were one of the most active players, you were just scummy with regards to Kary. I didn't understand why you wouldn't lynch him and why you kept sticking your neck out for him. Ran and I literally couldn't see anyone as scum other than by their ties to Kary. You, Bardull, and Kantrip were the only one's who were acting strange about him. As for the video, I took it as a null tell. Some of your responses seemed townie, but there were also some times where you stumbled like when you were listing off all the other people who could have been targeted for the day, but didn't complete your sentence.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
my blowup was more or less legit, though low on content

there's not a lot you can do when people are just gut-reading you / arguments are all wrong though

would I've done that as town? no prolly not, I don't need to be alive that bad. Would've skipped straight to bargaining a la 'I will give you a case on J'

p.s. kary don't care what pronoun she gets
Ok then. :p

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Zen; I was pushing a NL because it's literally what I would've done as town
(and arguably the best play IMO)

though I may well have recruited if I'd swung it. I have no idea, still haven't read the whole thread.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
God Apex is going to be so tiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
IKR?

Also, I would like July to explain why she was playing the way she did. I did consider it was her trying to re-evaluate her own play, or just coming back from a break but still I had to think WHAT ROLE SHE WAS for being so careful lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
See, Zen, the thing with Kary is I always think of him as like that guy I just always have to help or just know because of me helping him when he was just starting and ERB just connected us as players. What he did in this game just sounded alarms of the Kary that was super mad at that past game and just wanted to be done with everything and got caught in your gambit on him which led to him crumbling.

But that's a little heartening that I wasn't found really individually scummy but only scummy by connections.

July was careful but she was obv-town bro.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You see, I didn't see that J. In that game me and him clashed because of things we were trying to do, I didn't see that here. He wasn't in the thread as much as he was there. If he was town I'm sure he would be doing more things. Like I said, I would give him a chance if he was doing things, like in Paper Mario Newbie. :p

And I guess I need to learn how to read her better. :p

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Idk, I got that soft spot for Kary in games. *shrug* Oh wellz, still felt it was unfair for Kary and I could empathize for him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I got you.

I love how me and soup argue, and find each other to be town.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Really not necessary for me to do things with other people doing things to give me reads; pretty much everything I tried to do this game nothing came of it, either. Ehh.

And there's no point me clashing with you if I read you as town

And I really will do less if you pressure me.

But enough explaining. 4.30AM; goodnight

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
guys

guys

we can split his costs

just cuz we so bro

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
If Zen goes to Apex, that'd be sweet as hell.

Plus I'd have my amazing doubles partner and we would **** with our Lucas+Ness team.

July

Smash Apprentice
Lol Ran, you seemed quite concerned with my play in the qt :p

IKR?

Also, I would like July to explain why she was playing the way she did. I did consider it was her trying to re-evaluate her own play, or just coming back from a break but still I had to think WHAT ROLE SHE WAS for being so careful lol
I didn't really try to play differently than I usually did, it just happened. I think that being scum 4 out of 5 games and then taking about a month hiatus just made me step back more and be more cautious. However, I also tried to think through my posts less (post quicker and with less forethought) just to save on time and to try and get my thoughts across more genuinely.

Sorry for thinking you were scum J ;-; I'm glad I finally broke free of my tendency to read Kantrip as scum...until Ran made me question it lol. Ran and Zen, you guys played really well this game, you make a wonderful couple :3

Kary, you played really well with a really hard role and after taking a lot of pressure right from the start. I've yet to play a game with you where one of us wasn't scum or indy of some type lol

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
You're too kind. I enjoyed creating and hosting (however briefly) this game as well.

I'll probably have my full post of thoughts up late night tomorrow. I'll also put up all the role PMs if Soup and Kev don't at least get theirs posted by then.

Kantrip

Kantplay
So is this the shortest or is Donkey Kong Mafia the shortest? :p
Scumteam was killed as fast as could have been possible there, but kuzEE had a bit of a run going that caused the game to go on quite some time after :p

Really really ridiculously sorry for my lack of existence in this game. Life kicked me in the balls and I didn't have time to stay relevant in more than one game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I have a long rant incoming when not on phone, and thoroughly disagree with MvP if he gets it.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Dual Nabe/Ryker MVP clearly.

Kary said it all already, he has a hard time seeming natural as sole scum. From there, he had no room to manuever away from other players' gut, which was the reason the lynch was going through and the reason no one could hold Zen accountable after the fact. Kary's still the best new face this site has seen in a while.

On Zen's part, he simply played how he always does, looking for a way to skip the middleman and get his reads killed. He was right that Kary was scum, but if Kary hadn't been sole scum, Zen would've been killed and Ran would've followed, and in this setup that's probably the worst call you could make.

Poor Circus, this is essentially the one way this setup should never have played out, haha. Thanks for the invite.

Kudos to Ran who has been consistently good lately. Reading on Kantrip/Bard was understandable given zero posts from Mac, and Raz's aggressive attempt to fix the Kary lynch would've drawn your focus if the game continued post-Kary.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
My Role:

Circus said:
Hello, Soup. Welcome to Necromafia!

You are Annalee Tickle, an old woman who lives in Falls Hollow. A few years ago, your husband succumbed to lung cancer (a pack a day will do that to a guy), leaving you alone in your home with just the money he was able to save up from his job to live on. Despite the financial trouble, the loneliness is the one thing you’ve struggled the most to cope with, leading you to take some rather drastic measures.

You are a Medium. Immediately following the death of your husband, grief drove you to find a way to reach him again. You studied for months, absorbing what you could from dozens—maybe hundreds—of books that claimed to know the secrets of mediumship or contacting the dead. After obsessing over this idea of reuniting with your beloved, you were finally able to hear his voice in your mind. You couldn’t will his voice into your ears; all you could do is listen and hope he would decide to speak. Eventually, other voices began to join the conversation, some of which belonged to people you can’t recall meeting before. You may not be able to talk to them, but you can hear them. Who knows what secrets the dead may hold? With their help, maybe you'll be able to put their bodies to rest for good.

Passive Ability

Eavesdrop: The Necromancer may be manipulating the bodies of the dead townsfolk, but it can’t touch their spirits. That’s where you come in. After a player has died, their spirit will cross over to The Afterlife, where it will be able to continue expressing ideas and converse with spirits of other dead players. It’s quiet in there now, but I suspect it will be getting pretty chatty once it gets a little more populated. Your ears are always open to whatever it is the dead feel like talking about. NOTE: The living cannot speak to the dead. While you have access to The Afterlife QT now, it is strictly for reading purposes. It is imperative that you DO NOT POST WITHIN IT while you are alive. I cannot emphasize this enough; that’s why I put it in capital letters. You cannot speak directly to any of the dead players, under any circumstance. Breaking this rule will get you modkilled.

You are Town and you win when the Necromancer’s army of the dead has been stopped.
I never got to do anything with it. :(

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Alright, so straight up, even if I wasn't scum, everything I said in the following two posts still applies.

This is me about to rant about how Zen has possibly THE WORST playstyle in D-Games. I want to make clear that I don't think Zen is necessarily a bad PLAYER. His reads aren't awful.

But, his playstyle is ****garbage and I'm tired of seeing the same thing happen every game, so it's rant time.
Ok, straight up, I don't buy for a ****ing second that you have a guilty on Kary.

I just don't. In a setup like this, daycop would be too damn swingy. Either it's near-useless or it upends the entire game by pegging the Necro. I don't think Circus in good conscience would put in such a swingy role. I really don't.

Second, having been in a similar position before, I buy Kary's AtE here. I've read the entire thread as the game has gone on, and I have wanted to punch your face in before I even received a role PM, Zen. You've completely shut off every other avenue of discussion by claiming "guilty", then you're trying to slam Kary for not taking other action, when you close off every other voting option with:

BUT I HAVE GUILTY!@!11!!!

So, no, sincerely, go **** yourself.

Read list and vote in next post.
This was the main post of Soup's that bothered me, and it is armchair as ****.

Further, the red is RIDICULOUS, because there's absolutely no ****ing reason to believe Zen other than being indignant as ****. People claim **** with no backing D1 ALL THE TIME. And of all things, you choose to believe DayCop because Zen would have "dropped it by now"? There's no evidence that he isn't, because there's no evidence that he IS, either!

Are you SQUIDDING me? Zen is probably one of the most indignant, anti-Town Town players I have ever seen, has routinely pulled **** like this (even as far back in memory as my first D-Games foray, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance maf), and has absolutely ZERO ****ing credibility on a stunt like yes, yet Soup is eating that **** up!
Meant everything I said in the above. You then respond with:
Haha wut. Raz I have a guilty. Vote Kary.
THIS IS NOT GOOD PLAY.

The main reason I'm making this ****ing venomous rant right now is because you being right ONCE is going to reinforce your behavior.

THIS IS TRASH PLAY. You came to the correct read on Kary. Congratulations. So did half the game. (He got lynched with 3 inactive slots in a game of 12, that's freaking 7/9 slots on Kary.) Kary's play, good or bad, is not relevant to what I'm ranting about here.

What IS relevant is that what you did to accomplish the lynch is THE MOST ANTI-TOWN PLAY POSSIBLE. You contributed NOTHING constructive to discussion. You shut off every avenue of discussion with "GUILTY HUEHUEHUE", killing any possible information flow.

You know what would have happened had you been wrong? YOU WOULD SINGLEHANDEDLY HAVE THROWN THE GAME. Kary Town or even KARY MY ROLE ****s you (and Town) completely.

The next dayphase if he'd flipped Town, you'd have been ****ed! All you would have is your lover claim, which VERY EASILY could have been spun to paint you as scum with Ran. Further, you'd be immediately exposing yourself as an important role and sacrificing the utility that provides. The only saving grace was that you couldn't become a zombie.

You took a HUGE risk at everyone else's expense and the fact that you got away with it makes me want to vomit.

Why? BECAUSE THIS HAPPENS EVERY GAME.

I have literally been watching you do this since the moment I joined D-Games when you ****ed up the Volke role in Path of Radiance, and I'm so ungodly sick of it.

Ryker ****s you in the *** CONSISTENTLY for doing this and you don't learn.

And you know what? You're right maybe 30-35% of the time. Which is about the chance of RANDOMLY hitting scum + a slight lean towards your reads, which are sometimes alright. (more on this later)

What does that say? Your playstyle is a ****ing crapshoot. If you're wrong you cost Town TWO ML's EVERY TIME, because you get buttdevastated. The gambits are dry and played out.

You did not achieve the lynch by any semblance of good play. You did not make a coherent case. You latched onto a read and screamed at Kary until he died. That is NOT good play, and it is NOT MvP play.

And on your reads....
Please die.
Raz I like your towniness no lie. Looks like I was right about the mac. But aint gambitin my knee gah. You say there isn't likely to be a cop in this game but it aint true because i am da cop in this game. You forget that this is an experimental set up and to just refuse my claim because of incorrect mod meta is just not a good thing to do here. Uh what else. Oh yeah the fact that I am cop probably suggests that there is more than one scumfumin. You act like i can just pin the necro and win. I'm sure circus has planted some backup situations if ur tryn go that route.
You ****ing had me as Town for 5 seconds of goddamn posting.

Don't even ****ing joke with me.

You need to seriously re-evaluate your play. You do the same thing every game regardless of the fact that your success rate is barely better than random lynching, and it is far and away the most anti-Town playstyle in D-Games.

If you get MvP for this, I will be ****ing ASTOUNDED and severely disappointed in Circus, because what you did was not MvP PLAY.

It was ONLY redeemed even SLIGHTLY by the fact that you were right. One time in HOW MANY?

Like, quite honestly, if I continue to see you play like this, I will deny your signup from any game I host, because of how anti-town you are and that I don't want to see my game turned into a ****-show by your antics.

I'm not even mad about losing, because I invested like an 2 hours tops into being "scum", since I don't count the reading time.

I also need to attempt to mitigate my venom by adding that I have no problem with you as a person. I just ****ing want to eradicate you every time I have to play with you/watch you play.

END RANT, NO REGRETS. SO SICK OF YOUR PLAY.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Circus said:
Circus said:
Hello, Macman. Welcome to Necromafia!

You are Felix Cited, the mortician (funeral director) of Cited Funeral Homes and Cremation Services. Being a lifelong citizen of Falls Hollow, you are also a former student of Falls Hollow Middle School. Your favorite teacher, Ms. Banks, was fired back when you attended the school. The faculty never explained exactly what the reasoning behind Banks’ termination was, but you’re pretty sure you know. Ms. Banks had what some people could consider an unhealthy fascination with the supernatural and the occult. This of course, was one of the things you loved about Ms. Banks—in fact, Ms. Banks was the one who introduced you to the dark arts, which gave you a fascination with them that was akin to her own, particularly as it related to the dead. You consider this the catalyst that lead you down your current career path. Not that you’ve ever told anyone that, however, having seen what happened to your former teacher. It has been several decades since then, and until recently, you weren’t really sure what had become of Ms. Banks. But when the dead began to walk again, you knew exactly who was behind it all. With your interest in the dark arts rekindled, you’ve decided to try to notify Ms. Banks of your desire to help.

You are the Necromancer’s Apprentice. Unlike the rest of the town, when the dead began to rise, you knew exactly what was going on. Ms. Banks is the one controlling the dead and, quite frankly, you want to help her. You are aware that Kary is Robin Banks, the Necromancer, and you are the only one who knows this.

Though you start the game on your own, the Necromancer is capable of recruiting you during the Night phases. The Necromancer has been made aware of the existence of an Apprentice, but nothing more.

Safeclaim
Felix Cited, Vanilla Townie, mortician of Cited Funeral Homes and Cremation Services.

You are Anti-Town and you win when the Town can do nothing to stop the Necromancer’s army of the dead. NOTE: If the Necromancer dies before you are recruited, you lose.
Role PM. 10chars

#HBC | ѕoup

Going to do these even though the game ended quickly.

J: Jesus christ. You and your walls. I always like playing with you J and this game was no exception, You might've fell into the web of AtE from Kary but I believe that the way you approach games and your logic is consistent. I think you could tone down posts a ton but if you feel you need to write walls to get your point across, I won't stop you.

Nabe: I like playing with you too, and respect your play style. While it might not be always obvious town and you're more of a background player, I respect that you come in here with almost nearly something relevant to say or pursuing your reads, and I feel your playstyle helps you snag those mafia wins you always seem to get. I'd love to see your town game closer to endgame, as I feel you were reserved about things and kept your mouth shut for that sake.

Ranmaru: You are underrated. Simply put. You've improved so much and I find myself praying to god you're town because you towntell so easily and you make insightful posts. Your reads have been really accurate also. There's a lot I could say here but there's not really I think of that you wouldn't already know, my only problem earlier on was resorted out and we began to town-read each other. GG as always.

Zen: I hate and love you at the same time right now. Had Kary flipped town, I don't really believe I'd go after you but more or less I would laugh about it. How stupid was I to believe that Zen, master of gambits, would actually have one this game? :smirk: I will admit that even though it was a gambit, you pushed it with assertion and confidence. You basically won the game for us with this hat trick. Don't do it again. :mad::mad::mad:

Kantrip: Man, There's a lot I want to say about you. LOL KANTPLAY but no, serious. Dude, get some confidence in yourself, and get some assertion and stop feeling like you've gotta prove something to everyone, what I armchaired to you is how I specifically feel about you and how you could improve, you have serious potential if you got your head straight. I hope to see you in more games.

KevMo: Obv Town #HBC lynchin scum all day /brofist

Ryker: You didn't get to play at all. You're probably going to laugh that this game ended already. Damn shame, I love being town with you.

Raziek/Macman: My new tell on you is that when you actually care for this game; you're scum. I read your posts and they screamed I AM TRYING TOO HARD to me. IMO you were next on my list. I think you've got a good scumgame though for the most part, however you should really start caring about being town, you're not a bad player, you just lack effort.

Bardull: I like you in games and outside of games, I think I had a biased opinion of you because of your rationale. I apologize for anytime I talked down to you, your arrogance can be so frustrating sometimes. Good game here, I like your play style and feel it's kind of a Get **** Done attitude but I also feel like there's room for sitting down and thinking about things, I feel like you play off emotions and reactions rather than context. To each it's own.

July: You! I hate reading you! :mad: You're pleasant and very logical in games however so don't take that too harsh, you're kind of the older sister of J in a way, you both play the same but you take a more logical approach while J incorporates more emotion into his reads.

Kary: I love your town play and you really are one of the best new faces we've gotten to this website. I think your scumplay was fine but you just gotta learn to hold back your emotions. My suggestion would be that a big wall of AtE isn't going to save your ***; trying to prove people wrong will. I feel like you did that to play to your own meta (a lot of people townread you because of it) but I also feel like you were genuinely frustrated. Next time be town and I'll go easier on you. ;)

Ahhh. So damn disappointing this ended. This was gonna be a ton of fun and I find myself empty even if we won, It's kind of like winning first place for showing up, yet doing nothing.

Circus, run another private. I will join it without hesistation and I loved my role. Your vote-counts were consistent and everything was smooth. So. Damn. Dissapointed. Do you need a hug?

#HBC | ѕoup

I find myself a bit frustrated with my play earlier on. I was playing like garbage and not thinking straight. I'm glad I picked it up and got the win, and learned something from it. It wasn't that I was wrong on Ranmaru, it was just that I was posting on impulse and nearly skimming things, trying for thread dominance. I got to sit down and analyze things like I usually do and came out strong in the end.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't agree with anything Raz posted about this game w.r.t. Zen. Zen should definitely be up for MvP due to his play this game.

Also in my reads post, I was gonna say Bardull/Raziek scum-team because Raziek was really transparent this game. :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I had to be transparent. I lost my wincon on Kary lynch, so I didn't have a choice but to aggressively push away from him.

Top Bottom