Rhymes with Jerkus
- Jul 9, 2007
Welcome, boys and girls, to Necromafia!
Before we get started, here's a quick refresher on what this game is all about (as if any of you need it) as well as a detailing of a special mechanic at work just for this game. Some of it is shamelessly copied and pasted from past games, of course, no judgement.
[COLLAPSE="General Rules and Information"]
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia | Common Roles
- Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
- The Game Moderator is Circus and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator.
- Editing your posts is not allowed; multi-posting is fine and is encouraged in place of editing. Any and all edits will result in a MOD vote. MOD votes last until the end of the current Day phase.
- Unless your role specifically states otherwise, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
- Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill. If you are concerned about how to adhere to this rule, contact the Game Moderator.
- The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
- Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
Activity and Deadlines
- You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (to be determined by the Game Moderator) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I am considering replacing/modkilling you for activity reasons.
- If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
- In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player. If a replacement player cannot be found, I will modkill the slot.
- Day phases will generally last approximately 7 days.
- Night phases will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM stating so.
- Night phases will end when either 48 hours have passed, or I have received all applicable night actions. Whichever comes first.
Voting and Lynching:
- Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Marshy.
- To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Raziek. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
- No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
- After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene (or "flip") is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the flip is posted, the game will move to the Night phase.
- The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If the deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
- There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
- After you have died in the game, you are allowed one final (and short) "Go Town/Scum!" post.
- This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles assigned at random.
- This game is a Full Reveal game, meaning that, upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
- I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Survivor
- I do not confirm the presence or absence of any other roles.
- I confirm there is a Town faction [called Town] in this game and there is at least one Scum faction; although I do not confirm the number of Scum factions.
- I neither confirm nor deny the presence of any Independent role(s).
- I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
[COLLAPSE="Game Specific Information"]
The Necromancy Mechanic
In this game, there is a role known as the Necromancer. This role is not able to kill directly, but is capable of reanimating dead players and using those players to attack the living. Each dead player in The Necromancer's control is capable of killing one living player every Night, meaning that the death toll will stack exponentially over the course of the game.[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=Sample Role PM]Hello, Circus. Welcome to Necromafia!
You are Adam Goodman, lifelong citizen of Falls Hollow. Ever since the dead began to take over Falls Hollow, the town has been in a panic, and rightfully so. Hopefully someone takes care of that at some point. But you aren't too worried about it, because, unlike those suckers, you fled town weeks ago!
You are a Sample Role. You don't know why corpses started trying to make more corpses, nor do you care. You just got the hell out of town. Why these fools stuck around to die is beyond you, but you do know one thing—it's not your problem now. The only reason I'm even mentioning you is so everyone knows what the town win condition is.
You are Town and you win when the Necromancer’s army of the dead has been stopped.
- Ragnarock (Soup)
- Ramen King (Zen)
- Macman Raziek
- No one. Yet....
Day 1 Begins | Day 1 Ends (GAME OVER)