• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NECROMAFIA | Game Over! Shortest game in Dgames?

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
alright, town. We all know how this works now, so let's go.

@Bardull: Peace

@Nabe/Zen: I cannot read you/have a history of misreading you, how do I sort this?

@Ryker: who do I buddy Day1?

Someone now create content so I can analyze it. July, you'll do.
It doesn't matter since you're scum. You're already playing to your scum meta, which is trying to play pro-town rather than your nonchalant town meta.

Oh yes, and I wa going to suggest a No Lynch D1 as a possible option so as to better evaluate the setup. Haven't thought it through yet but I can't help but love a game that gives me a mechanics things to idly talk about in RVS.
/serious

also 7-day Days, urgh, oh well. J please be up to date :)
I like this idea!

If we're going to pretend to be playing this game before it's fully started, tell me how you're reading Ranmaru right now based on his introductory post.
Pretend? I know very well you don't have a problem with starting a game before we have the ability to vote. Why are you trying to down play our ability to play the game right now? Weird. Ranmaru is town because if he were scum, his only post right now would be his confirmation post and he would have been either aggressive towards me or ultra hesitant towards me. Instead he is budding me while still keeping in mind the possibility of me being scum. Why do you ask? I'd assume youd be more interested in how I got a macman read before he even posted or a Ryker read. Not someone who you know I don't have much trouble reading. Do you disagree with Ranmaru town at this point?

And then Macman wasn't town.
huh >.>? ?
What are you saying here? Why did you say this? What was the point of this post?
Cahthoerine?
>I'm a :link:<

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
It doesn't matter since you're scum. You're already playing to your scum meta, which is trying to play pro-town rather than your nonchalant town meta.
Haha, I should have just played pro-scum so you don't misread me, yeah?

I love you, but please don't be daft this game. Care to explain how I'm not being nonchalant?

J, proxy your vote to me so we don't have a falling out ;)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I don't proxy my vote to anyone. Besides, Marshy isn't in this game.

Though there is Nabe...hmmm...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kary, what's your opinion on Soup, and J?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have no idea. They haven't posted yet. Why ask me about those two?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I was being a smart*** because asking about myself/Soup at this stage of the game so far is pretty much as useless as asking about July/Kanty right now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It isn't, actually. I asked for a reason.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want to know what he'll say about Soup, and I want to know why he wanted you proxying his vote.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J, is this true? Have you proxied your vote to him or anyone from finished games that he noticed?

Kary, go further into where you have seen ScumJ do this.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Do you think his reasoning is fake or does he have SOME reason to believe it, even though he is wrong?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
He has about 100 reasons and a half for "scum-tells" that are null tells for me.

Kary's logic always confuses me in terms of it not really being correct.

A couple of times he has nailed me for all the wrong reasons, but bottom line is he nailed me. It weird.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think it's funny how J claims to know his tells :grin:

then again I've never played with townJ :awesome:

@Ran; it was a hypothesis I was entertaining, but it makes sense, no?

I don't have any definitive data, but I do recall marshy and J buddying up in PM64, where J was scummmmmm

I think I'm going to keep calling him town until he admits I can read him or he admits he's scum. win-win.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
KevinM dead yet?
Why, why did you say this?

genuinely curious
Haha, I should have just played pro-scum so you don't misread me, yeah?

I love you, but please don't be daft this game. Care to explain how I'm not being nonchalant?

J, proxy your vote to me so we don't have a falling out ;)
Do you think you're being nonchalant?
I don't proxy my vote to anyone. Besides, Marshy isn't in this game.

Though there is Nabe...hmmm...
How about me :bee:?

Soup
Kevin
Bardull
Kantrip
J

What are your reads on Kary?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Ran; it was a hypothesis I was entertaining, but it makes sense, no?
No, it doesn't. I feel your explanation for why you would ask J to proxy you is fake, because for you to have a theory on how you would expect him to react, you'd need to have an idea to spark that up.

Basically, tell me what this means without having any data of this happening before your eyes before:

Kary said:
ScumJ would've said yes to proxying his vote

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, he is correct with Soup. Why do you think otherwise?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh yes, and I was going to suggest a No Lynch D1 as a possible option so as to better evaluate the setup. Haven't thought it through yet but I can't help but love a game that gives me a mechanics things to idly talk about in RVS.
/serious

also 7-day Days, urgh, oh well. J please be up to date :)
Are you serious? With deaths growing exponentially each phase you think it prudent to add to that count?

Also yeah hey guys.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip: Who do you think you'll find easy to read, and why? (Or at least doable) Will you be confident in those reads?
No one will be easy to read for me, but I plan to be confident in my reads regardless. Not hard-headed, but I'm not going to just blow over from a bit of abrasion either.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Zen: I don't like Kary's suggestion to NL but it's not definitive and he remains largely null for me. Sorry if I'm missing what you're seeing.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Because I want the confidence I plan to have in my reads go along with not rushing into them. What do you make of this? Scummy, townie, or were you just asking for curiosity's sake?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I am always on board for a KevinM lynch as long as I don't have a super obvi-town read on him. His play is always scummy and just is a headache to deal with. Better dead and gone.

No, I won't proxy my vote to you. You are too sporatic.

My read on Kary is null. I don't like him this game so far but that isn't really indicative of his alignment. He is trying to play as if he is super-duper smart in terms of his "reads/baits" but isn't really working.

@Kanty:

FoS: Kanty

Does that answer your question?

Now I'm gonna try and stop myself from fully playing until the game officially starts. Night.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What's to stop the Necromancer from being part of a scum faction?

There's definitely more than one scum to find in this game. The OP does not confirm the existence of indies, so neither should the blurb about the Necromancer. In fact, I'm going to assume the Necromancer is a part of a small scum faction for the time being.

@J: Not really, actually. Is it scummy for reasons of my meta or just applying pressure to me? Traditionally I don't react well to that, but I think I've grown some balls.

Ramen King

Smash Cadet
What's to stop the Necromancer from being part of a scum faction?

There's definitely more than one scum to find in this game. The OP does not confirm the existence of indies, so neither should the blurb about the Necromancer. In fact, I'm going to assume the Necromancer is a part of a small scum faction for the time being.

@J: Not really, actually. Is it scummy for reasons of my meta or just applying pressure to me? Traditionally I don't react well to that, but I think I've grown some balls.
That's my thought as well. I have suspicion though that Necro and probably one other goon-like role make up the sole scum team and cannot night kill. I believe that is what Kary is getting at by no lynching. If we continue to no lynch without there being any kills we can confirm this is the case. You see?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
One last thing, how you can have Kary as scum from his first posts is beyond me, Zen. Nothing in his posts are different from his normal Kary play. I don't see the scum-intent besides the plausibility of him being phony with context to his psuedo/RVS pressure on me early on with the fake read he established on my slot in order to try and bait a "better" read on me. (which wouldn't work)

Kanty, when has the last time you and I have played again? It's been a good few months if I recall.

What I am not liking about you thus far is the fact that you are treading carefully in your word choices when saying things. An example would be what you just said to me, you aren't looking into what I am saying but more so trying to mollify what I am doing to your slot by trying to guess what I may be doing. Whether it be real pressure, pseudo pressure, or just curiosity. You are trying to keep a middle ground of your defense.

In post 71, you create yourself a backdoor in an attempt to justify your reads for later on by saying you are going to be more confident regardless of what is going on. I don't get why you chose to cop-out and answer "oh no one is going to be easy to read." which isn't really true because everyone has a player that they feel more comfortable with reading correctly in this game. Instead, you decided to just not give out a name. Seems weird to me.

But those are just my thoughts for now.

At the current time, it's too early to have anything really concrete but from out of what everyone has posted, you've hit my radar already. Kary is just a variable at the moment. Zen will be read by the end of toDay (whether it be town or scum) and the rest are just not really exisitant.

Oh, and before I forget. KevinM should totally get HBC'd outta here.

Top Bottom