• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT Presents: Mango Juice - a MELEE Tournament (March 21, 2009) RESULTS posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hmm, no banning neutrals? what the hell am I supposed to do against P on Yoshi's Story? or a Peach on FoD? T___T

embracethe12

Smash Lord
random stage reset and banning neutrals as counter picks are 2 entirely different things mr. professional

i vote no neutral ban
it's not that bad

i mean that already allowed wobbles lmaoooo
as if no fd is that big a deal.

ed0t-
now that i think about it...
lol...

festizzio

Smash Champion
of course the only people saying not to ban neutrals are mango (whose vote doesn't count) and a sheik/ic's user. Get at me

embracethe12

Smash Lord
Ban neutrals or ban fox now i advice everyone chose wisely the choice is pretty obvious
i really dislike it when people use analogies like

"if you ban ______ then might as well ban ________"

quit being too lazy to write down a reasonable explanation.

random stage reset and banning neutrals as counter picks are 2 entirely different things mr. professional
yea right, your kidding, wait, you mean..?, get out of town, are you serious, shut up, what?, yea right.

ban everything. everyone take turns playing adventure mode. person with lowest time in falco target test gets entire pot.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
Ill bring a setup Champ, although you already knew :p

I just wanted to post so i can be subscribed. :dk:

Charoo

Smash Champion
the way it works right now is:

u can reset/cancel a neutral stage for the first match.
then u can only ban a counter pick.

I really really hope people will bring set up. This tournament is going to fail if nobody bring anything.

festizzio

Smash Champion
the way it works right now is:

u can reset/cancel a neutral stage for the first match.
then u can only ban a counter pick.

I really really hope people will bring set up. This tournament is going to fail if nobody bring anything.
not being able to ban neutrals does suck a lot, i just hope i don't fight against any sheiks in tournament cause there's no way i'd be able to win :(

jerks

Celph

Smash Journeyman
of course the only people saying not to ban neutrals are mango (whose vote doesn't count) and a sheik/ic's user. Get at me
so basically you said

"the only people posting about their views on banning neutrals only vote in favor of their own interests"

in which case, NO ****, so are you

that's a pretty clever way to pretend you meant this as a joke

i dont know if this is going to have random reset or not. which would be the same thing as banning a stage on random.

every one saying neutrals cant be banned makes it sound like no random restarts.

but i am guessing there is random restarts?

in that case not being able to ban neutrals as counterpicks is fine.

What would you do if I sang out of tune, Would you stand up and walk out on me?

festizzio

Smash Champion
so basically you said

"the only people posting about their views on banning neutrals only vote in favor of their own interests"

in which case, NO ****, so are you
lol ****, that's true

However, many of the "neutral" stages also make wonderful counter-pick stages for many of the characters, like marth on yoshi's story, jigglypuff/peach/samus on dreamland, marth vs. a space animal on fd (not as strong but you get the point), or sheik vs. any low tier on fd. There are just too many character strengths that benefit from a certain neutral stage and too many character weaknesses that are magnified by certain stages that there's really no reason not to allow banning neutrals.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
so deal with it

characters have just-as-broken counterpicks too (fox on corneria/green greens, jiggly/peach on brinstar/jungle japes, sheik on jungle japes, falcon on poke floats / brinstar)

so pikachu gets to go to corneria and no one can do anything about it. marth is the only one with an advantage given his CPs suck ***, but everyone else gets to have all their CPs without fail so it balances out

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I still don't see the reasoning behind not allowing you to ban neutrals.
First game should be random resets. Really it should be stage striking because randomness is dumb ^_^
Counterpicks should be done as part of advanced slobs, not declared at the beginning of the set. I think the reason that "no neutral bans" ever existed was because at MLG, you got a random reset and a ban, so if you could ban neutrals, you could potentially end up with only 2 possible stages to play on for the first match (which I still don't think is such a horrible thing)

READ FIRST POST

at least before jumping into a discussion regarding the rules.
i did. but everyone saying no neutral banning made me think no striking random stage or whatever. i dont even really care though. i was confused.

but whatever. the suggestion i first made is what is happening anyway. so. yea.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Im just letting everyone know that Mango said I get like 10 matches on the Mango TV, because he owes me them from quakfest.

So imma ***** the hell outta that TV, and Mango.

<3

how about person with highest HRC record with Ganon?
ofcourse. falco target test is only replacing singles.

ganon hrc record is replacing doubles.

crew battles is going to be 11 vs 11. a plain old fashioned game of football. tackle. none of that three second hold bull****.

norcal team would be mitchell as running back, falcomist as fullback, lunin, pockyd, and hmw as wide recievers, zoap, boback, kinggerudo, and ian as the line, king as tight end and germ as QB. jeff as head coach, pink shinobi as defensive coordinator and shroomed as offensive coordinator. isai official referee. where you at so cal?

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I wouldn't care much at all if we can't ban neutrals if the first match was determined by the stage striking rule. I think that evens it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom