• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCT & 2GG Presents: Nice Shot Hugo RESULTS UP Pools + Bracket

D

Deleted member

people should money match me i'll do falcon, falco, fox

my fox sucks dickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk but i'll still take any mm that isn't a stupid amount

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL simply put, most CP's are ****ing stupid, they offer auto wins to higher tiered characters.

And I'd like to be beaten at this tournament by the players, not by the stages.

This "I play a bad character so I try to benefit my bad character" **** works both ways. ****ty players aren't good enough to beat some players on a neutral, so they cower to a stage that does over half the work for them. How could you even shake someone's hand after winning that way? It's pathetic IMO.

The rule ain't changing at this tournament. it's not even that big a deal. Learn to rely on an improved skillset for this event, then you'll be fine. Simple.

SuperRad

Smash Master
My only real problem with the rule is that you get to ban more than half the stages.
The four counterpicks are banned by the rule, and the midtier player still gets to ban a stage on top of Dave's stupid rule if the higher tiered person wins the first game. That means that the stage list of 9 is whittled down to only three counterpicks available.

HugS™

Smash Lord
My only real problem with the rule is that you get to ban more than half the stages.
The four counterpicks are banned by the rule, and the midtier player still gets to ban a stage on top of Dave's stupid rule if the higher tiered person wins the first game. That means that the stage list of 9 is whittled down to only three counterpicks available.
Yeah I know, that's tight.

The high tier can always ban a CP stage, then there'd be 4 neutrals available.

pockyD

Smash Legend
LoL simply put, most CP's are ****ing stupid, they offer auto wins to higher tiered characters.

And I'd like to be beaten at this tournament by the players, not by the stages.

This "I play a bad character so I try to benefit my bad character" **** works both ways. ****ty players aren't good enough to beat some players on a neutral, so they cower to a stage that does over half the work for them. How could you even shake someone's hand after winning that way? It's pathetic IMO.

The rule ain't changing at this tournament. it's not even that big a deal. Learn to rely on an improved skillset for this event, then you'll be fine. Simple.
just eliminate cp stages for all characters then

SuperRad

Smash Master
My point is that situations like this can happen:

Sheik vs Doc
Game 1 is on Battlefield, Sheik wins
Game 2 is on Dreamland, Doc wins
Doc bans FoD
now the Sheik player has only three stages available:
Dreamland, Yoshi's and FD available.
If a person isn't allowed to counterpick to a stage they banned, then that list would probably [at least for me] be shrunk to two stages I'd be available to counterpick.

HugS™

Smash Lord
My point is that situations like this can happen:

Sheik vs Doc
Game 1 is on Battlefield, Sheik wins
Game 2 is on Dreamland, Doc wins
Doc bans FoD
now the Sheik player has only three stages available:
Dreamland, Yoshi's and FD available.
If a person isn't allowed to counterpick to a stage they banned, then that list would probably [at least for me] be shrunk to two stages I'd be available to counterpick.
Yeah that's fine. They're both neutrals. So pick a neutral you'd do best on. I don't see the problem, unless you really hate both the neutrals you're left with. But that sucks right? Like...when you're left to choose between stages you hate and can't really win on. I mean idk, i'm just guessing.

LoL this is silly. I've never heard so much arguing over a stupid rule before, mainly cuz it explicitly discriminates against high tiers.

But i'm sure there'd be worse upheaval if I discriminated against lower tiers.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Pleeeease don't take out the rule. Seriously, I don't even play mid-tier. But Toptier/hightier complaining about this is too good. So don't change it, and if people are gonna not show up because they can't take a character a tier or two lower than them to a stage that isn't already NEUTRAL, then I can laugh.

@____@

Shroomed

Smash Master
i am in full support of HugS stupid rule

i'll jus not CP any gay stages either

i'll do neutrals only no bans in all tourney sets

SuperRad

Smash Master
I think neutrals only is how it should be. I don't really get the point of the rule as it stands. If you think the stages are unfair, then have them banned completely. If you just want to protect your own ***, I get that.

I also don't get what's stopping someone from switching characters or other such shenanigans.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
I think the point of the rule being NOT neutrals only is that Hugs plays a mid-tier character, so it'd only make sense the rule works out that way. Hence how he said earlier each person that's made their own rule benefited them/their character.(mangos/charoos)

Why not? Lol, I'm sure if you had a tournament dedicated to you you'd want some cool rule benefiting you too.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
as i understand it, it's:

top/highs can be gay with each other

mid/lower can also be gay with themselves and above, except they can choose hsr and have things not be gay

whereas neutrals only would affect everyone, and no one could be gay

SuperRad

Smash Master
as i understand it, it's:

top/highs can be gay with each other

mid/lower can also be gay with themselves and above, except they can choose hsr and have things not be gay

whereas neutrals only would affect everyone, and no one could be gay
I get what the rule does, I just don't understand the motivation other than as something completely self serving [which I also understand, but whatever].

I don't know what rule Champ made up, but Mango's was applied equally to everyone. This rule rewards people who play ****ty characters and to a fairly extreme degree compared to Mango's rule [which, at the time, wasn't even that big of a deal because most people playing against Jiggs/Peach would've banned Brinstar or Mute City as both were legal at Mango Juice].

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i think it depends on how you see it

i understand what you mean, but if you look at it as a neutrals only tournament where the stupid rule is that tops/and highs can use gay CPs against each other, then it looks like it "benefits" tops/highs (the only difference being that with hugo's ruleset, neutrals only is dependent on whether hsr is activated or not)
it only seems self-serving given previous rulesets is what i'm trying to say

i think

edit:
i thought about it again and i understand what you're saying like this:
tournament
half the characters have limited stages you pick against them because they're not as good
but you can pick all stages against the ones that are good

and even using my example it's:
neutrals only
the half that's good characters can choose all stages, however neutrals only against the not as good characters because of just that

in either case, i just think "who cares anyways"
brian

djmirrorr

Smash Apprentice
i remember liferuiner counterpick himself in tournament

he took me to kongo jungle 64 with his samus against my sheik

c'mon haha

MacD

Banned via Administration
so wait

even with hugs stuipd rule, am i going to have to ban stadium again mid tiers because they might pick it against me even though i can't pick it against them?

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
mid tiers suck ****

let them even the playing field for this one tournament

if you disagree with the principle of the idea it doesnt go much further than C tier being no better than C tier

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
so wait

even with hugs stuipd rule, am i going to have to ban stadium again mid tiers because they might pick it against me even though i can't pick it against them?
since youre banning it chances are you wouldn't pick it anyways. so ban it if its a problem, just like usual, i would think.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i remember liferuiner counterpick himself in tournament

he took me to kongo jungle 64 with his samus against my sheik

c'mon haha
heh

well at least i can't do that again since i'm never CPing anything other than neutrals ever again!

HugS™

Smash Lord
so wait

Absolutely, if they activate hsr that is.

And Brian, mangos stupid rule made it so that u couldn't ban dreamland, benefitting Samus peach, and jiggs

Champs made it so that u couldn't ban green greens, benefitting fox/falco and screwing any characters that could die quickly off the top.

Lovage

Smash Hero
my only problem with the rule is that hugo keeps using mango juice as an example of a "stupid rule" being totally fine

when at mango juice, not only was that rule not enforced at all, no one even remembered it existed, and ppl banned dreamland all day

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I need a decent teammate. I'm getting pretty okay i promise! haha.

I need a ride to this can anyone take me? :D:D:D:D i rly wanna go!

hugo your rule is gay

ROMBO69

Smash Cadet
my only problem with the rule is that hugo keeps using mango juice as an example of a "stupid rule" being totally fine

when at mango juice, not only was that rule not enforced at all, no one even remembered it existed, and ppl banned dreamland all day
LoL go ahead and bypass it all day if you want. It's only in effect when the player wishes to enforce it. It's the same ****. I didn't let anyone ban Dreamland at mango juice I believe. the rule is there for those who wish to use it. The player still must ask for HSR to be in effect. Same ****.
-Hugo

Top Bottom