• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Man your desperate for cash huh

Alright, what is it, 50 ledge grabs? There's no rules on the front page, guess that means I'm free to do as many as I want @.@

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
if a ride can be had. . . hopefully someone is planning on going later in the day so we can robertson on over. or if i can convince tony to go
...orrrr we could pull another all day 'adventure' on public transportation.

how fun would THAT be?

we would have to perform the obligatory visit to mt fuji afterward

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
who hacked pp's account? **** im hype as **** for this, i might have to break that wario only rule for this tourney. but i, only hype if stingrz comes

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
@ Seth - I hate brawl, but love your avatar. btw, the only time I enjoy brawl is in doubles form and only when I'm playing SP peeps. It's fun that way.

@ Foxy - Melee? ... hmm... maybe, but no more than that until the Thursday before.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Seth Reminds me of " Cappi" from the tv series greek. he looks just like him, and its not an insult cause that guy gets hella vag.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I think the motion to make NCSU more serious at Melee is finally starting to take root.

Flamy, SOS, me, and Lee are already sold. I think Jon wants to get better at it too, and I finally convinced Paii to give it a shot (lol, he plays it for 1 hour and he's already frustrated that he can't L-cancel everything...)

Gardevior

Smash Lord
I think the motion to make NCSU more serious at Melee is finally starting to take root.

Flamy, SOS, me, and Lee are already sold. I think Jon wants to get better at it too.
I wish the nunchuk + brawlonly people would lighten up a little bit so we can play this waaaay more often in the library. I really can't find the mortivation to practice on my own because I pick up terrible habits vs the lvl9 cpus (CHARGED DOWNSMASH FTW!). And when we play six games then go back to bplus, I've really only just gotten acclimated (sp?) to melee by then (wavelanding and such) and then I try to do it in brawl. No chance to build on that techskill because I don't play it long enough.

Also I don't understand why people don't like Melee opposed to brawl.

vZakat

Half Genie
There's a pretty good chance of me being here (no promises though). I probably won't enter though. I'll just hang out and play friendlies. If I do come I'll have a set-up and maybe guilty gear.

Foxy

Smash Master
Since Melee's been added, this is becoming very possible, what's that turnout looking like for it?
Turnout should be very good.

Last time I actually hyped/publicized NCSU it was going to be 30-40 or more but it got canceled.

This time it should be just as good, same publicity but now I have all four games.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
There's a pretty good chance of me being here (no promises though). I probably won't enter though. I'll just hang out and play friendlies. If I do come I'll have a set-up and maybe guilty gear.
NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

YOU MUST ENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!! OR ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may cry if you don't... :cry:
Turnout should be very good.

Last time I actually hyped/publicized NCSU it was going to be 30-40 or more but it got canceled.

This time it should be just as good, same publicity but now I have all four games.
but how much for Melee?

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero

Flamy, SOS, me, and Lee are already sold. I think Jon wants to get better at it too, and I finally convinced Paii to give it a shot (lol, he plays it for 1 hour and he's already frustrated that he can't L-cancel everything...)
why would yall get serious at melee? that games to technical and will take u years and years just to be decent. there are people who've been playin since 06' and still cant compete at a national lvl. lul that games a fail imo, the scene is ran by kids and jiggs. now if it still had ken, isai, killaOR, wife ,husband, korena dj... then maybe i would get back in it.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
why would yall get serious at melee? that games to technical and will take u years and years just to be decent. there are people who've been playin since 06' and still cant compete at a national lvl. lul that games a fail imo, the scene is ran by kids and jiggs. now if it still had ken, isai, killaOR, wife ,husband, korena dj... then maybe i would get back in it.
annnd there are players whove only been on the boards since late 07 who are top 9 in the world

(*ahem*ahem*ahem*)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
annnd there are players whove only been on the boards since late 07 who are top 9 in the world

(*ahem*ahem*ahem*)
lol im talkin about the majority of people dawg. the game has gotten to the point where it will literaly take u like five years just to be where, jman, pp, zhu, shiz. people like that do great at big tournies, but face the facts, the gf of melee from here on are gonna be just like pound.
This is not a flame to melee i love our community and the bros in it, im just stating the obvious, melee players have found every glitch in that game and exploited to the fact where new people trying to get into it have no chance.

DJRome

Smash Hero
so your definition of a good game is one where everyone has an equal shot, kind of like the card game war, right?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
, wife ,husband,
Coolest guys i met at pound.

Kieth I agree that melee is EXTREMELY rough to get in to now, but imo its worth it. its so much more...In depth. Theres just...so much stuff in melee to learn. its all about the challenge. I love it. And ive been playing a month.

Top Bottom