• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Gotcha. I haven't used an n64 controller in a decade. So I'll have to break one in if people bring their 64s. Hint hint.

I'll post Isai's ruleset later and then expect foxy to put it in the first post.

DJRome

Smash Hero
yuh, ive been using one since they came out. my moves just don't flow on the gc controller. i'd just fail to wavedash

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Lul what is all the fuss about? me and shady are winning teams like we have the last two tourneys we attended. hahaha!! i love u guys and ur trolls
edit: but naw seriously, i hope everyone (including my black ***) who said they got better, really did, cause honestly i dont think our smash scene is to far off from md/va. and by herb 3 and apex 2 we gonna ****.

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Found 'em.
Here's the rules we'll be using for Smash64. I'll discuss entry fees and prizes and if there will be doubles or not with Foxy today.

I created these rules for the TourneyPlay #4 tournament with a suggestion from Nintendude and Lovage. I think they are pretty good.

General
5 Stock, Double Elimination, No Items, Advanced Slob Picks

Best of 3, WF/LF/GF Best of 5, LS Best of 5 if pay out is top 3

Extreme Stalling will result in a Warning and then a Disqualification

Best of 3 Stage Rules (unless agreed upon)
First game must be on Hyrule
Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle

Best of 5 Stage Rules (unless agreed upon)
First game must be on Hyrule
Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle
SSB DSR: You can't counterpick a stage you have already won on (does not apply to the win from the first game)

Explanation
Hyrule is the most neutral stage in the game. I think the first match should be on the stage with the least disadvantages for all characters. (unless agreed upon) means both players can agree to play on ANY stage for ANY match.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser picks stage first, then winner picks character, then loser picks character (in that order)

DSR stands for Dave's Stupid Rule; a guy named Dave created this type of rule for SSBM tournaments. LS = Losers Semis.

Things to Consider
Maybe there could be a 10 minute time limit on Hyrule only. Dunno if that can be enforced every time though.
And this seems like it would be funny.

Foxy

Smash Master
So.

Who here would be willing to try to make this

Melee / Brawl / Brawl+
WITH 64 side tourney

?

I want some final opinions.

If that sounds best then I'll do everything I can, and get TO assistance and such and more setups so we can make it happen.

null55

Smash Master
well. in the interest of my money, forget Melee and just run 64.

i love Melee to death, it's just, i think Smash Stacks should be all of smash minus Melee. then we have tournaments for like every combination.

@Wii64 vs. regular 64 ****, i'm cool with either, but tbh i think my tech skill is better with the GC controller... I MATTER

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
So.

Melee / Brawl / Brawl+
WITH 64 side tourney

?

If that sounds best then I'll do everything I can, and get TO assistance and such and more setups so we can make it happen.
lol i dont think we will have time for all this bro

null55

Smash Master
64 teams is ****ing amazing, no doubt.

and if this is one day... i def agree with Keith. there should be just Brawl/B+/64 at this. :bee:

Jon?

Smash Champion
All four smash games in one day is kinda intense for me. One can only play so much for the given 12-14 hours.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
hell yeah we have time.

gtfo you non-believers

we can even do two days
i think u fail to under stand.... when i get a percent lead, i camp the rest of the 8 mins. ill make sure we wont have time for all four games

@ ledger: no i still use mk, but i like wario more so rep him.
@ karn, stop being a lil **** head like the rest of those brawl haten melee ***s. ur good at brawl, there is no reason not to play.
@ jon, if we do 64 doubles, partner with me

lord karn

Smash Master
So.

Melee / Brawl / Brawl+
WITH 64 side tourney

?

I'll bring at least three tv's if you host all three.

Also, host brawl or melee first, because last time we did b+ no one was there for it. If you host brawl first, then the brawl people will already be there to enter b+ if they want, so we won't have to wait on anyone. I suppose hosting melee first would work to.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Have we come to an agreement to use N64s or Wii for the Smash64 tourny? I'd prefer the GC controller over the N64 controller, I don't have 3 hands... shoot.

Foxy

Smash Master
melee attendance will be fine.

i will certainly not do brawl+ first, we learned our lesson about that.

i would probably do brawl -> melee -> brawl+, with 64 running as a side tourney any time during it

as for wii64 vs n64, in my opinion setups are scarce enough, so we should bring as many of either that we have and just use whatever the players are comfortable with. we don't have the luxury to set a standard.

also, i'm doing it.

updating for all four games, making the facebook group, this is gonna be awesome

Top Bottom