• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

lord karn

Smash Master
Also, David won't be able to come probably unless b+ is last, so that is another good thing. @__@

I'm pretty hyped for this. I'll try to bring like 4 tvs, maybe.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Foxy i dont know about this man, this wont wrk unless u plan on having it two days... cause the brawl attendance is gonna be all ncsu (minus ledger) all sp, probably stingrz, me, duo and mits, hopefully karn... thats a good twenty right there. and half of that will probably go for brawl plus. plus didn't some SC people talk about coming? melee will have some people aswell, so its gonna be a long tourney, than u have to do food breaks. How long is the venue open?

null55

Smash Master
so Wilmington will be coming??

-_-;; i should probably enter melee. god****it i wanna play 64 though.

aight **** it.

DJRome

Smash Hero
the problem is when 1 person doesn't want to play wii and 1 doesn't want to play n64, what can u do?

DJRome

Smash Hero
that's ridiculous. they're completely different games. think about if you were forced to use the nunchuck instead of gc controller simply because the ports were broken or the like. I've never played the game using a gc controller and i don't see how a few minutes would make up for that.

the n64 should be the default and the wii used only if both players agree to it

Gardevior

Smash Lord
For argument's sake,

I don't think your analogy is even remotely ...analogic? You're comparing

with

Now, I don't know about you, but I generally hold N64 controllers so that my left hand holds the middle hump so my thumb is level with the joystick, my right hand holds the right hump so I can hit all the buttons with my thumb, including jump with the c-buttons, and my right index finger positioned above the R which grabs so I can hit it and my left index finger above the z so I can shield.

With the gamecube controller, I use my left hand to hold the left hump for easy access to the joystick, and my right hand to hold the right hump so my thumb can hit all the buttons, including jump with the y and x buttons...which are positioned so that it isn't that far off from the c-buttons. My left index finger is above the L button, which shields, and my right index finger is above the R, which grabs. Pretty similar setup to the n64 controller, finger-wise, which is why I personally wouldn't care about switching to the n64 if I had a few minutes to adjust.

But comparing

with

Is just wrong. With the gamecube, I at least know where to put my fingers since I've been following that general scheme of holding my controller that way since the super nintendo, but with the wiimote+nunchuk, I'm like wtf my hands aren't even connected, what do I do and where are the buttons. Then I disconnect the nunchuk, throw it on the ground, and plug in my classic controller.

Foxy

Smash Master
Oh, and Lee:

If you're planning to help a lot with the 64 (which I assume you are), then

make a post linking the ruleset, stating your decided entrance fees, and notes about setups and such and I will quote it in the OP. of course, only if/when we decide on such things

DJRome

Smash Hero
okay, the button mapping is different. like the z button on the gc is a grab vs a shield. the c stick attacks and the c buttons jump.

basically it's like telling u to play a game on the 360 when ur used to the ps3 controller but you play another game on the 360 so that's okay? it's a completely different controller.

Jon?

Smash Champion
okay, the button mapping is different. like the z button on the gc is a grab vs a shield. the c stick attacks and the c buttons jump.

basically it's like telling u to play a game on the 360 when ur used to the ps3 controller but you play another game on the 360 so that's okay? it's a completely different controller.
The version of 64 we play on the Wii has the controller layout mapped to fit the finger position of the 64 controller.

64 Z = shield (left index) || GC L = shield (left index)
64 R = grab (right index) || GC R= grab (right index)
64 C buttons = jump (above right thumb) || GC y/x = jump (above right thumb)

I don't mind playing on the 64 controller. It will take me a while to get used to. Tap jumping with the C buttons aren't as sensitive as the GC x/y if I recall.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i know, but it's the instincts from melee associated with the gc controller than the controls in the wii version

edit: who hacked pp's account?

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Smash 64 Sidetourney Ruleset

Schedule
All day baby!
$2 for Singles
$4 for Doubles ($2 per)

General
5 Stock, Double Elimination, No Items, Advanced Slob Picks
Best of 3, WF/LF/GF Best of 5
ASP = Loser picks stage first, then winner picks character, then loser picks character (in that order)

N64 is the main console for this. There will be wii(s) with 64 available on them, which can be played on if both players agree to it. You cannot play your games on two systems unless both players say its okay.

Best of 3 Stage Rules
First game must be on Hyrule (unless agreed upon otherwise)
Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle (unless agreed upon otherwise)
This means you can counterpick Planet Zebes if your opponent lets you. But lol if you agree.

Best of 5 Stage Rules
First game must be on Hyrule (unless agreed upon otherwise)
Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle (unless agreed upon otherwise)
SSB DSR: You can't counterpick a stage you have already won on (does not apply to the win from the first game)
This means you can counterpick Planet Zebes if your opponent lets you. But lol if you agree.

Since this is a side tourney, you can split up your matches to focus on the main event. Ex, You can beat Kirby in Hyrule, stop to play Melee, then come back later and let Kirby counterpick you.

DJRome

Smash Hero
if a ride can be had. . . hopefully someone is planning on going later in the day so we can robertson on over. or if i can convince tony to go

Top Bottom