• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
For the first tornado, yes, he can get you away from the grenade with proper spacing.

For the tornado "combos" though, you can just pull a grenade and blow both characters up to stop it. I guess I was so used to being able to make it to the ground after 1 tornado, that it didn't really occur to me that a trade-off is actually a good idea a lot of the time.

A mix of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) grenade-play and mashing the jump buttons has put an end to my tornado **** problem now though.
the thing is if the MK has too slow of a reaction your bull**** grenade pull landing lag makes it so you can PS the blast and therefore it isn't a trade, and you can possibly combo an aerial off the grenade explosion depending on %

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no, it's actually the complete opposite of that. when you pull a grenade in midair (and hold onto it) you dont even incur normal landing lag. 0 frames, do anything instantaneously. it's how you can blow up your own mines safely (jump, pull a nade, hold r and fall on it)

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
What makes the second tornado any different from the first?
I've only personally had a problem with MK's nadoing the top of my shield on the ground to pull me away from my nade. Haven't really had this happen to me in the air much at all yet (something to keep in mind for the future though).

And to ask the real best Snake in the state- Yes, Snake's mid-air grenade pull can take away all his landing lag. Test this out by landing on Snake's d-smash mine and power-shielding it immediately for lulz.

lord karn

Smash Master
If you watch m2k vs ally videos m2k mixes up two options primarily. The neutral position is camping dairs up and in front of snake. After he does a few dairs m2k will either tornado the top of the shield for shield pressure/poke or airdodge behind snake and grab him. I think it's very important for mk's to know this about the matchup.

Also, if the snake sdis up and pulls a nade, the MK can just go to the side before the nade falls back into the nado, I think. This gets snake out, but I don't think it always forces a trade. Depending on how much duration is left in the nado, MK can still just retreat back to neutral as snake sdis out and pulls a nade. Then you go back to neutral postion of camping dairs until you either go for an air dodge to grab or nado shield poke.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
thats what i did to shady the first time i fought him, but the past Saturday i was so dumb lol. of all people, i know shady is the one person never to fight close, cause i cant out box him... but i didnt play my game and got 3-0d for it :( but yeah karn, i know about the airdodge mix up, i saw the GF of MLG when m2k ***** no lube

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
karn just said the mk/snake mu.. seriously. i dont know ur playing syle, but i never approach in that MU on the ground. its jut stupid. when ever they dont have a grenade u nado.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll join.

Make it 3 v 1 Team attack off. No items. 4 stocks. FINAL DESTINATION ONLY! IM IN!!!!!!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
PP 1 DOLLAR MONEY MATCH MARIO VS Y. LINK LETS DO IT

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PP has those odds . . .

Stacked against him.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Karn pretty much covered everything we've been saying in a superior and more comprehensive manner. /nado discussion

@Kadaj: I barely know anything about the Marth match-up though and you main the guy, lol. Speaking of that, we need to get some friendlies in so I can learn what to do against him.

Top Bottom