• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Foxy

Smash Master
To be fair, I've never even lost a single round to you out of the 3-5 sets we've played.

I did just 3-0 Keith and he only closely 2-1'd me last time with a new style I wasn't used to.

As for Rag, I'm not sure how it'll go next time we play, but I do have a good overall history against him. Kudos to him for his well-earned victory though.

Not to sound arrogant, but this is the truth.
Whoops sorry about the late reply

anyhow, I only said your losses to Rag/Keith/Foxy since we were talking about that group, but obviously I've never gotten close to beating you or taken sets off (out of 3), hence why I said I shouldn't be included

I would say that's a john about Keith, though, but coming from this 3-0 it's justified I guess

regardless, even if he had a "new playstyle" last time, and this time you happened to lose to Rag, that's our point... small playstyle changes, different days, etc, the skill gap is small enough among the 3-4 almost-top players that it can influence it, rather than one person being capable of winning regardless of those smaller factors.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
This was the first tournament I haven't counter picked green greens during in a loooong time.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
whats going to be in the news?
Like a 3000+ person riot down Hillsborough Street because of a failed rave. Stopped traffic and everything. Tons of cops and ****. Took like 3 hours.

I was pretty blasted, I think I tried jumping in front of a pretty good number of cameras. Look out for me hahaha.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
from what i remember...

we were playing melee on rag's wii...

he needed it for the brawl tourney...

so we switched it into a black? cube that was sitting right beside the wii...

rag's mem card was also switched...

the setup was located right in front of the main entrance door, on the right-hand side of the room, in front of the window...

hope this helps
aight this should help;

ATTN NC:

In the event that you have a foreign ANIMAL CROSSING MEMORY CARD and/or COPY OF MELEE,

HAD A BLACK(?) CUBE BY THE RIGHT WINDOW AT THE LAST DUKE

or REMEMBERING PLAYING AT THAT SETUP AND WHOSE IT WAS

please post so we can get our stuff back

QFE, also

Theo I loved that trumpet picture.

Jon?

Smash Champion
Yo, foxy is bad a seeding. My bracket was ddd -> mk -> ddd -> mk. Were results posted for this? I totally forgot to check what place I got.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
character selection doesn't have anything to do with seeding lol

EDIT: also me/foxy seed all NC brawl tournaments basically....so its pretty much always the same, you shouldnt be complaining about one particular tournament. Except HERB 3 which dark hart seeded iirc lol

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
Well, Rag's MK doing better than his DK against me is much more than a small change. I used to love when he picked MK against me because it was much more comfortable for me. Not anymore, lol.

As for Keith, I wouldn't really make it a point to mention his new style if he didn't do 50 to 80% to me a couple of times by just doing tornado to tornado to tornado with me raking my head on how to get out (no offense to Keith at all, but just ask him if you think that's an exaggeration).

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
pulling a grenade doesn't work because if mk spaces the tornado he can pull snake away from his grenade.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
even if mk is directly below you you can just delay your grenade pull so he doesnt know what side to hit you on and he'll just nado your legs and get blown up...if he's on a side of you just have your nade out to that side

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
For the first tornado, yes, he can get you away from the grenade with proper spacing.

For the tornado "combos" though, you can just pull a grenade and blow both characters up to stop it. I guess I was so used to being able to make it to the ground after 1 tornado, that it didn't really occur to me that a trade-off is actually a good idea a lot of the time.

A mix of MAD (Mutually Assured Destruction) grenade-play and mashing the jump buttons has put an end to my tornado **** problem now though.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
rag, i space the tornado and time moments between by b spam. So snake is hovering over the
ground in the nado, just enough for me to nado again with him still in "hit stun", and he has like maybe 1 frame to drop a nade. it looks nuby, but it does take some spacing practice with nado, which i think i have gotten good with. my recent bout with batman was just horrible. when rag beat me in WF, i lost confidence and was out of it.. and honestly i was fine with 3rd place. i will get my revenge on shady next time though :)

Top Bottom