• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well that depends doesnt it

they dont really increase momentum either my understanding is they just fastforward you to where you'll be if you don't stop it at all...or something. at least thats how foxes shine works...i think

anyways...stuff like dk's up b and gaws down b and zelda wavebounce neutral b and yoshi side b completely stop all momentum...but only after you cancel the initial kb through an airdodge or aerial

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i think mk's drill rush and pika's skull bash don't actually cancel all momentum they're just effective enough at fighting against the opposite direction momentum it basically does the same thing...though it means you can still die if you try doing it too close to the blast zones because it won't stop backwards momentum right away

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
pika's skull bash doesn't cancel momentum at the start, It does once he actually starts going though.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I was referring to billfest when shady air dodged then used down b to try to stopped from dying........it didn't work. But Jon? and I got a laugh out of it lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
shady, hold down on the control stick (after appropriate DI) and use your fastest aerial. now you're a momentum cancelling pro

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Does that actually work? I'm not forced into Dair by holding down?

I could try that next time I play Brawl. Generally I just c-stick > down.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yeah it works o.o if your fastest aerial is dair then you just have to hold down cstick because it inputs fastfalling every frame you're holding it...so its actually superior

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you're content with losing to a ROB, who is C-tier below Pit, 3 times in a row, twice on your best counterpick one after another (thanks for the salt), then you're easily amused, danny

stingers

Smash Obsessed
if you can show me any videos of a good rob beating a good snake, i'll believe you. character board matchups are as useless as jon in doubles.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
if you can show me any videos of a good snake beating a good rob, i'll believe you. character board matchups are as useless as stingers in mk dittos

Top Bottom