• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

DJRome

Smash Hero
idk if that's sarcastic, but im pretty sure in melee, u tech during hitstun and the animation starts after hitstun ends for tech jumping or simply falling

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
i dont mean tech, i meant meteor cancel. like in melee when falco does his drill spike, u cant meteor cancel that, its the same way with gannon's d throw gayness

Gardevior

Smash Lord
Keith, you don't need to tech the ledge or wall - you just grab the ledge when you go past it. And if for some reason you pass the ledge (holding down?) you still have enough time to DI and tech it (granted, you probably wouldn't expect it the first time).
Pretty sure you only pass through the edge if you are holding down.
Yeah, that's the only reason I could think if would be an instant death as well. (Though why you would hold down during a throw is beyond me)

Also meteor cancels in brawl are stupid. You have to wait a certain amount of frames until you are given the opportunity, IIRC.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
like an hour. but you'll have lots of people that live there to play instead lol

and you're going to app? nice, seriously. awesome college

vZakat

Half Genie
Two games this time. No 8 events nonsense.
This.

I didn't even get to enter melee last time. Started way too late. I understand why though, with all the stuff that was going on (i think). Unless y'all don't do melee, then I don't care. :colorful:

lord karn

Smash Master
The tournament would have worked last weekend if we hadn't lost the brawl bracket, hadn't started 2-3 hours late, and had actually been more proactive about starting the other events. You don't need to wait for each event to be over before starting the next. Things started running kind of quickly after I got melee and b+ started.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Hopefully the SC and UNC crew will come earlier and we won't lose our bracket at the same time. I'd also like to say that we should try to put a list up of who will bring set-ups and try to only utilize set-ups for the event that is going on. Maybe then I'll be able to get the singles matches.

Top Bottom