• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
Thanks Stingers, I've only seen you once before and that was at HERB 2 lol. Yeah I should drive over to Hickory sometime, if there's a tournament there I'll definitely try to make it next time.

Haha thanks Duo, and yeah bro no problem. Glad I can help out :)

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
why luigi? use a lvl 9 mk . i guarantee someone will lose.. .to much perfect shield.

edit: ****it, i think i left Michael out of my shoutout... but he knows the deal, he my brotha

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'll get a car when i get a job...probably in college. i guess it'd be smarter to get a job now and save up though. ehh i'm dumb

I graduate june 2011

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
wtf?! the mk's on my game are the hardest. and i swear the game takes note of ur strat, cause there were sometimes i was wario and they would know when i was airdodging and when i was going to dair and then punish me. **** pissed me off, i felt stupid for gettin read like that. not to mention they know when to hold on to the ledge when they hit ur bike and u cant recover. them computers are some sneaky mugs

Stockfield

Smash Champion
The metaknights in my game are stupid and Luigi is definitely the hardest computer, I remember losing to it loads of times when I first started playing brawl lol

Jon?

Smash Champion
gg you got read by a computer. They get to look at actual inputs from your controller and react to it on frame 0.

Jon?

Smash Champion
We should be able to host two bi-weeklies before Herb 3 if we wanted to. I was thinking the bi-weekly right before Herb should be Brawl/Melee in order to help everyone prepare for Herb.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
We should be able to host two bi-weeklies before Herb 3 if we wanted to. I was thinking the bi-weekly right before Herb should be Brawl/Melee in order to help everyone prepare for Herb.
I Approve of this.
we should update pr's after herb

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
this is my first time doing shoutouts so i am not really sure how it will turn out but i have read enough of them to get the idea :)

karn- your fox has a really good base, really conservative and smart... i see potential in you. keep it up. hope your lady had a decent time lol. it was a long day.

tho/david- rofl, you are ********

bill- i wanted to get together with you but i never got the time :( it seemed like you were having a really good time and that made me glad.

djrome- good stuff in n64 and melee. i dont think we got any matches in but it was good to see you. i want to discuss some matchup stuff with you. maybe i will get aim tonight :)

theo- "how do you know my name?" lol your roy is gay... thanks for the friendlies they were fun.

corey- infinite fox dittos were super fun. it was weird how the match changed as it went along. b reverse laser>edgecancel>upair is sex

slasher king- cool seeing you bro, i dont think we have ever met before. we should have played some. dont give up on DUB, he is a good guy but has his quirkiness...

ali- good stuff. 2 falcon punches and a 4 stock comeback on japes in 1 set is amazing...you left too early

boss hog- i hope you lvled up :p do you play fox or shiek? both of them seemed pretty **** to me. old school players are too smart.

travis- i wanted your ganon...it seemed you played him in every teams match except the one against us...your pika is pretty good. i am gonna talk to pp cause idk what to do against that character.

yay- thanks for the starbursts. i wish i would have stayed for singles. keep improving bro...first in both events is hella legit.

ksk- thanks for riding with me...trips suck without someone to talk to. i dont think you have to pick one game or the other, get **** in both. just get **** in melee first lol

josh- "how did it miss?" rofl that falcon stomp might have been the best moment of the entire tourney...looks like you got a keeper(this is maria's shoutout cause girls dont deserve their own) thanks for my phone :)

cam- those teams friendlies sucked...i was trying to warm up with fox and the other 3 characters were link, falco, and peach...i could not shuffle a nair without being hit with some dumb *** projectile... dont ever let me catch you doing homework at a tourney again...*****

the 3 melee tourney virgins- the doubles friendlies were fun. wavedashing off the ledge is pretty good lol. keep playing, melee takes a while. i hope to see you at more tourneys...

shady- you never cease to amaze me...ksk were talking about that on the way home...i can't explain how good your boxing game is. taking first in singles and carrying keith to a doubles victory is arguably more impressive. keep it up.

villain- i respect you leaving early. it was a mature decision. good stuff in doubles, you and shady make a great team.

duo- you ***** me. falco is supposed to beat fox but idk the matchup at all. i felt like i could get the dmg pretty well but i couldnt kill till 200%...i got no shame in losing to you

mitsurugi- i saw you looking good playing melee. you and duo have some epic sets vs sp teams...it sounds like you got the better of rag & seth this time...you better watch your back, seth & i are gonna remind you of herb 2...

FYRE- wtf!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?! worst loss of my smash career

omni- i dont know how you expected to do at this but i expected more out of you. dont get discouraged, you have potential. good stuff helping run this...i have always thought you have really good t.o. skills...

jon?- i heard your falco was beastin...like you, i really like playing that character even though he is boring as all to watch...i wish he was playable in doubles too...as for doubles, you and cosby/clitsalad make a good team...

cosby/clitsalad- your rob has improved sooooo much since i saw you at that one plur tourney forever ago...

the guy with the "ninja" tag- get trolled lol

mekos- your lucas is ****...now that the tourney is over you got to share some matchup secrets lol...does snake have release grab shenanigans on lucas?

313- legit rob...i thought you complimented mekos well in teams...mk vs. rob is rough :(

foxy- good stuff everywhere. much respect. not many people could do what you did sat/sun. running 7 events is crazy... 3rd in brawl iirc

killerSOS-thanks for the warmup doubles friendlies, sorry about that back air rofl...even i didnt see it coming...i feel you about brawl singles

flamy- i hear you are the king of mk dittos...you might want to get at my boy seth...thanks for the friendlies as well

devin-thanks for the phalanx history lesson...i am gonna go watch 300 now...

bo- your snake continues to impress

snapp- nice hoody. good teams matches. snake and mk is really good team. we didnt mm or play melee at all...i will give you some shiek practice next tourney...

kale- where the DDD? do you have the insignia of G.I. Joe's antagonist tattooed on your chest? if so, good **** lol

LoZR- i have so much to say to you...some good, some bad...i will talk to you sometime this week...

Seth- you would have ***** me in brawl...let me know when you wanaa bring back team Karl...

Raggy bro- we didnt really talk but i dont think we needed too...i havent been gone that long lol...4th is nice...dont run into fsmashes...

rohan- i cant get over how much you improved...not just in ability but in confidence...i would lose all my stocks first (something that never used to happen) and then you would **** people 2v1 like it was nothing...i still got you in melee...good to see you bro

stingers/pp/twitch/g-boro you missed a good one

keep it up nc

Jon?

Smash Champion
Thanks Fiz, I've been playing more gay/patient with my Falco. Regarding the Lucas grab release: a Lucas ground release gives you a free utilt, ftilt, dtilt, jab, etc. It's really dumb.

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
Hey guys, what does everyone think of bi-weeklies at ECU? I talked to the Resident Advisors and they said they'll think about it. My hall has a pretty giant lounge to play at. It's not for certain if I can do this but if I can would anyone be interested?

Oh and much appreciated Fiz, it was awesome chillin with you and thanks for the ride bro :)

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
we need two of these before herb im serious.

also, 313 why give up on rob? youve only played him at two tourneys. i played wario at four tournaments a month for two months before i won anything. thats like, 8 or 9 tournaments.

in that time i seeked out better warios than me. I talked to reflex in person about certain matchups, and fiction on aim. and phantom x and dmg in the wario boards.

go to your character boards, The rob boards are very nice guys from what stockfield told me. Find out who the better robs are and ask them specific matchup questions. Youll get it. its just that you cant expect to develop your character without playing him against various people in tourney play.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
we need two of these before herb im serious.

also, 313 why give up on rob? youve only played him at two tourneys. i played wario at four tournaments a month for two months before i won anything. thats like, 8 or 9 tournaments.

in that time i seeked out better warios than me. I talked to reflex in person about certain matchups, and fiction on aim. and phantom x and dmg in the wario boards.

go to your character boards, The rob boards are very nice guys from what stockfield told me. Find out who the better robs are and ask them specific matchup questions. Youll get it. its just that you cant expect to develop your character without playing him against various people in tourney play.
I've played him at other tournaments before. This is my crowning moment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEi6ADdHt14

I'm only going to play snake in dubs mostly

I've won a tournament with ROB before.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
your crowning moment was beating a scrubby meta-knight? come on bro. just give rob a shot. stockfield and stingers are two extreamly good players because they do things you dont. you just need to find that secret rocket sauce.

Top Bottom