• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Power Rankings discussion (Brawl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Honestly though, the NUMBER 1 reason why stages are banned is issues with camping and stalling.
Spear Pillar? You can just run away the whole match.
Hyrule Temple? Same thing (and the Cave of Life)
32M? Same thing (and it's ********)
Stalling can be easily done on all banned stages

Greens Greens? I see no issues with stalling or ******** stage kills. It is a terrific choice against characters like ROB and Lucario too.
I highly recommend making it a legal counterpick.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
Greens Greens? I see no issues with stalling or ******** stage kills. It is a terrific choice against characters like ROB and Lucario too.
I highly recommend making it a legal counterpick.
If you are in the air when a bomb box drops you cant see it coming and it can kill you at 70%, stages with excessive and unavoidable environmental damage are always banned.

lord karn

Smash Master
On the topic of stage bans, Bill and I can't agree on a ruleset for the next bill. I think we should go with standard MD/VA rules. Bill thinks mansion and corneria should be unbanned.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mansion should stay banned.

Corneria has arguable criteria for a ban imo too. If I need to elaborate I will, but I'm just giving you some feedback on your thoughts right now.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
****ing Ban Corneria.

Bill is playing into his own interests. That is NOT a fair stage.

Mansion needs a ban too imo.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
On the topic of stage bans, Bill and I can't agree on a ruleset for the next bill. I think we should go with standard MD/VA rules. Bill thinks mansion and corneria should be unbanned.
Prolly cause Oli ***** on them... :p (don't know abt corneria, but it seems like the purple grab/usmash will be a little OP.

Keep Hanenbow for teams.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
...I love the stage. I'd CP it against half the cast if it was legal, but it's not a fair stage.

Corneria and Mansion should be banned. If you want my opinion on the other "iffy" stages:

Pictochat - Legal
Japes - Legal
Green Greens - Banned

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You're not thinking about the concept broadly enough. Maybe Stingers doesn't want to benefit himself with this ban, but the entire tournament-going community?

Also, whether you like it or not isn't important.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
You're not thinking about the concept broadly enough. Maybe Stingers doesn't want to benefit himself with this ban, but the entire tournament-going community?

Also, whether you like it or not isn't important.
I just know its on the SBR list as a counterpick so it will be legal at most tourneys.

Battlefield is just as good anyways....

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, NC isn't traditional. I don't see the point arguing with that one unless everyone just gets bored arging and we say screw it we'll do SBR. Either way it seems there'll be unhappy people.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
The only people that want Mansion and Corneria are the 2 Olimar Players

wow who would of seen that one coming

stingers

Smash Obsessed
You've yet to explain how it's fair at all...here I'll even make a list of all of the things unfair about the stages for you:

Corneria
1. DDD Infinite Chaingrab against the wall (if Fox's waveshining was enough to ban stages like Princess Peach's Castle, this should be all we need.)
2. Wall in the middle heavily promotes camping, especially for characters with projectiles that can get over the edge (ie. Olimar)
3. Outrageously low ceiling and sides...seriously, some characters can kill at 30% here.

Mansion
1. The whole stage is one big circle, very reminiscent of Hyrule Temple.
2. The whole stage is basically one big Teching Paradise.
3. Unless of course you waste your time hitting the stage instead of your opponent, and the thing will only regenerate later anyway.
4. Characters (such as Olimar) can chain very strong, fast attacks easily against the "roof" of the mansion (what the Pillars are supporting) and even teching will not end this 100% of the time.
5. Pillars that even some projectiles cannot get through, coupled with an easy escape route (up onto the 2nd level of the Mansion), makes this a very very campy stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom